Author Topic: pregnant cat  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: pregnant cat
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 19:24:21 PM »
poor cat she must be worn out  :(    glad you are taking care of her now

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 18:39:52 PM »

Hello Marly  :welcome:

The only thing you will need for your Queen is a cardboard box with low ish sides some torn up newspaper on the bottom and a blanket. Put it somewhere quiet. Put plenty of fresh water nearby and fresh food. Pop her in the box so she knows where it is and wait.
I agree with Sue about the vet.

When the kittens are ready to leave their mother and be rehomed take her to the vet and get her spayed as soon as is possible

Have fun  ;D ;D

Offline marly89

• Kitten
  • Slave to: tinkerbelle
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 18:33:15 PM »
Errrm i would say roughly about 2,but not entirely sure,i know she had another litter of kittens back in april and my x neighbour rehomed them at 7 weeks old :-o so she must have got pregnant again pretty fast

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 18:26:49 PM »
Hello Marly.   :welcome: to Purrs. 

Sounds like you have your hands well and truly full.  A cat takes about 9 weeks for gestation, so she sounds like she may be quite close to kittening.  If you can provide her with a safe "hiding" space it will help you keep an eye on her, otherwise she may pick a relatively inaccessible place to give birth.  May be worth getting a vet to give her an exam, and to do some research now on the best care for a nursing mum.  Any idea how old your soon to be Mum cat is? 

Offline marly89

• Kitten
  • Slave to: tinkerbelle
pregnant cat
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 18:07:29 PM »
Hi,i have a cat that i took in from a neighbour 4 weeks ago,she was moving and couldnt take her with her,she looked pregnant even when i took her in,thing is im not sure how many weeks she is or what to expect,she is always lying around,wont let me touch her in past few days even though she loved her attention prior,shes been trying to find places to hide,i have been able to feel the kittens moving for a few weeks now and can also see them moving,could anyone shed a bit of light on how long she has left please?

Link to CatChat