Author Topic: Hi - picking up a young rescue cat next week  (Read 9441 times)

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
Re: Hi - picking up a young rescue cat next week
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 16:53:50 PM »
Hi Dawn, sorry for late reply to you.

Thank you xx

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
what a beauty!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 22:10:07 PM »
Thank you Julie

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 19:11:58 PM »
Winnie has such a beautiful sleek coat.
Julie.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 17:47:59 PM »
Emmmy Lou and Gill - thank you for the lovely welcome. All your cats sound lovely and I am looking forward to seeing them around the forum.

First photo of Winnie below  :Luv:

Mweekie xx
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 17:48:35 PM by Mweekie »
Mweekie xx

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
Hi Mweekie!  :welcome:

I cant wait to see pics and hear what Winnie gets up to!

I always feel a bit guilty as I help out at a rescue yet dont own a black or a B&W cat!  :-[

I had a ginger tom Dexter and his sister Denzel a tortie from kittens, and aquired Evie tabby from the rescue after we fostered and her home fell through
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 22:47:23 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D ;D

Your new inmate sounds lovely and hope we can see some pictures  ;D

I have a giany b&W boy called Misa, so handsome and cuddly at 7 kgs  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 22:05:29 PM »
Aww Cleo's story is lovely - glad she is with you and Alfie too :)

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 21:52:29 PM »
Sorry Mweekie, that was a typo!

We think Cleo is around 13/14, she's a rescue cat so we are not 100% sure. My SIL had her from Cats' Protection some years ago, we took her 2 years ago when SIL and her hubby decided to go travelling on their boat. Our previous cats, littermates, lived to 19 and 20 so Cleo has a way to go yet but we don't know her previous experiences.

Alfs came to us nearly 3 years ago, he was a little under 1 year old. He wasn't neutered when we got him which is probably one reason why he is such a big lad now - he weighs in at more than 7kg (Cleo is less than half that)!

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 21:15:13 PM »
Thanks Slugsta - just had to amend your quote as Winnie is actually female lol :P.

Seems a shame that the idiots think about black (and white) cats "boring". I agree with you. Aww Alfie and Cleo sound lovely. How old is Cleo? My last cat, Lucy, was 18 when we sadly lost her....but as I said in one of my other posts, my Grandma (Winnie the cat's namesake) had a cat called Willum and she lived until she was 23, yet she was a young adult when my Grandma adopted her.

Mweekie xx

Hi Mweekie and  :welcome: to Purrs.

How exciting! Black ( and black + white) cats can be hard to home because some idiots think they are 'boring'. You can guess that I don't share that opinion and I suspect you don't either! I have 2 furkids at the moment - Alfie is a big, black boy and Cleo is a small, fluffy, elderly B+W girl.

I look forward to seeing photo's of Winnie when "she" arrives  ;D
Mweekie xx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 20:46:40 PM »
Hi Mweekie and  :welcome: to Purrs.

How exciting! Black ( and black + white) cats can be hard to home because some idiots think they are 'boring'. You can guess that I don't share that opinion and I suspect you don't either! I have 2 furkids at the moment - Alfie is a big, black boy and Cleo is a small, fluffy, elderly B+W girl.

I look forward to seeing photo's of Winnie when he arrives  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 20:38:10 PM »
Lol I can see I am definitely going to like it here :D

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 20:26:43 PM »
Holly - thanks for the welcome. Astrophe and Zoonie sound brilliant...and if cats are "Hoolies".....isn't that the same for all animals...and their carers :D

Mweekie xx

Only cats can be hoolies (hooligans) so you have hoolikittens and hoolicats   :evillaugh:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 20:18:56 PM »
Holly - thanks for the welcome. Astrophe and Zoonie sound brilliant...and if cats are "Hoolies".....isn't that the same for all animals...and their carers :D

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 19:10:50 PM »
Julie does herself an injustice, Julia - she isn't "just" a cat carer.  She keeps a kindly eye on a number of Wildlings she encounters around the countryside which is her home.   :)

Come to think of it, Andrew looks after Wildlings too as his boys really are Hoolicats.  :evillaugh:

You'll give the Hoolies a bad name Sue  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 19:03:03 PM »
Julie does herself an injustice, Julia - she isn't "just" a cat carer.  She keeps a kindly eye on a number of Wildlings she encounters around the countryside which is her home.   :)

Come to think of it, Andrew looks after Wildlings too as his boys really are Hoolicats.  :evillaugh:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 18:54:13 PM »

Hello Julia and a big welcome to you and your menagerie  :welcome: I have two cats, brothers Astrophe and Zoonie they are 18 months old and Hoolicats  ;D

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 18:45:36 PM »
Thanks Julie - and I love the names of your cats also :)
Mweekie xx

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 18:43:34 PM »
Julia welcome to the group. What fabulous names all your pets have. I used to have many different pets. But am now just a cat carer. I have six. Frodo, Hebe and Luka are Devon Rex. Solly the Siamese. Gracie my disabled darling moggy. And Thierry my Sphynx. You should love it here amongst other animal lovers. Look forward to hearing more about Winnie.
Julie.

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 18:34:03 PM »
Thank you very much for the lovely welcome Sue :)

You're right - my Grandma adored cats (just like most of my family) and had one herself that lived for 23 years, called Willum...who also adopted her many years ago.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 18:30:32 PM »
I meant "Hiya" - I'm technically challenged, finger wise.....  :pcprob:  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 18:29:47 PM »
Hoya Julia - a big warm Purrs welcome to you,  :welcome: and I bet you can't wait for Winnie to arrive home with you all.  How wonderful that she shares the same name as your late grandma.  I bet she's looking down now and grinning from ear to ear.   ;D

Black cats always look so stunning.  Will you share some photos of her with us when she comes home?  Being as young as she is, I bet you're in for a big round of fun and games as you all get to know each other, and that'll be such great pleasure.   :wow:

Hi too to Lily, Inca and Aztec, Mystery, Truffle, Zoe, Holly and Trixie-Martini - we're not exclusively cat here, and many of our members have other pets too.  A lady called Paula (Judecat) has just acquired two new corn snakes too, so she may be along later to say "Hi"   :welcome: :welcome:

Have fun finding your way around the forum Julia.  When Winnie arrives, she may find she wants to post too, so check out "The Cats' Mouths" section.   ;) :)

• Senior Cat
Hi - picking up a young rescue cat next week
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 18:19:12 PM »
Hi there,

I'm Julia, and I am picking up a young rescue cat called Winnie, next week! God, I'm excited! As are my parents who I live with also.

Winnie is between 6-12 months old and from what I know so far is a pure black cat, and according to the foster carer, is loving and affectionate.

My family have had rescue cats before, or at least, cats that have either adopted us or we have adopted, so it's only natural that Winnie is a rescue also.

The really special thing about Winnie, is that her name is the same as my late Grandma's (who sadly passed away in 2012). So, when I spotted Winnie on the RSPCA website, I showed Mum, who immediately fell in love and as I say...the rest is history.

We are so looking forward to collecting her next week. Winnie is in for spaying and micro-chipping on Monday, so hopefully should be ready to pick up by Thursday.

I do have other pets, 1 hamster (Lily), 2 corn snakes (Inca and Aztec) and 5 tarantulas (Mystery, Truffle, Zoe, Holly and Trixie-Martini)...so the house is getting full now lol.

Looking forward to reading and posting on the forum

Mweekie (aka - Julia) xx
Mweekie xx

Link to CatChat