Author Topic: What's your favourite chocolate bar and why??!  (Read 4351 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: What's your favourite chocolate bar and why??!
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 07:32:55 AM »
The mildest milk chocolate.  No diabetic problems even though two close relatives have very serious conditions like that.  I find the strong or dark chocolate tends to trigger migraines which you don't want .

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2015, 00:44:39 AM »
I stopped testing  when I came here until about 6/7 weeks ago when my meds were doubled and now under diabetic clinic at hospital and another type of tablet added but levels are fairly good now but suspect not good enough  >:(

Have to go back in just over a month.

Annual and biannual checks really are not enough but because I am on glicazide the DVLA now have made it law that anyone on that must check if they drive. Also insulin users and any other tablet that falls into same group as mine.............ie can cause hypos. So doctors should make sure everyone in this category has a testing kit and get strips and lancets on prescription.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 23:42:22 PM »
I don't do any testing at home.  I get an annual check of my blood, my eyes and my feet and all ok.

Thanks for your concern  :hug:

Mary

Me too Mary, only bi annually. Had my diabetic check at hospital last Friday, next one in 6 months. Eye check in September, doctor and Nurse next week, 3 separate visits, diabetic nurse, asthma nurse then doc to go over everything.

Think I'll have a Snickers  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 22:19:16 PM »
I don't do any testing at home.  I get an annual check of my blood, my eyes and my feet and all ok.

Thanks for your concern  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 16:53:27 PM »
I hate this thread!

Type 2 diabetic too and unless you are testing Mary be careful cos I wasnt and was eating forbidden stuff and its damaged my eyes.

Drs trying to get my levels down and have gone from one tab to 3 and levels before I eat quite good now but have been told by consultant to only test twice a day before breakfast and eveing meal............lol so about midday anf 2100  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 16:21:44 PM »
OMG Andrew, that's scary  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 15:37:09 PM »
rough Andrew  :(

I like twirls as well but haven't had one for years

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 14:27:48 PM »
I'm type 2 diabetic Andrew and my tablets must be working very well cos I have chocolate every week and ice cream and sweets - oh dear  :naughty: :Luv2:

Mary

If I were to eat half a bounty my sugar readings would be in the high 20's  within 10 minutes, result, head about to explode headache, nausea, thirsty and lots of tiny ulcer things on tongue. To get it down to anywhere near normal I would have to inject 80 units of insulin, the high dose is because I am insulin resistant. I do have some sweet stuff now and again but most of the time I will settle for crisps  :evillaugh: Be careful Mary, I started on tabs and now take 5 injections a day ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 14:15:19 PM »
lol it probably helps mary!  apparently its to do with absorbing the sugar slower

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 14:14:00 PM »
I love seeing everyone's choices!! I agree with the everything in moderation. Hubby and I lost 4 stone each by healthy eating and 1 class of Zumba a week. Every Friday we have a 'sweetie night' which consists of a extra lean homemade burger with cheese, sweeties, chocolate and crisps with dips! It really gives us something to look forward to and ends the week lovely. Our healthy eating starts again on Saturday morning but in moderation pigging out is ok. Obviously if your diabetic you have to be more cautious but you don't have to restrict yourself too much

Thanks for everyone joining in!

And sorry it's in the wrong place :scared:

Xx
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 13:42:21 PM »
I presume the full stomach is so you are too full to eat a full bar? Yer, right  :naughty: ;)

Mary

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 13:23:45 PM »
I know that dietician my oh sees says you can have anything you want in moderation and sweet things like that should be on a full stomach

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 13:22:50 PM »
I'm type 2 diabetic Andrew and my tablets must be working very well cos I have chocolate every week and ice cream and sweets - oh dear  :naughty: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 12:57:47 PM »

Galaxy oh and bounty but I can't have them anymore  :( :(, diabetic you see. I used to keep some in the fridge in case I had a hypo, but that didn't work as I just ate them anyway  :evillaugh:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
I dont have much of a sweet tooth, but when I do I like reeses peanut butter cups or failing that - peanut butter kit cat chunky.

We have a milkshake bar that does one with peanut butter and Nutella  :drool; I think I like the slightly salty taste with the choc  :Luv:

Sue and Susanne aren't you two posh! Hotel Chocolat indeed!  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 08:48:24 AM »
ooh I love starbars!!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »
Sadly I have given chocolate up.  I cannot be trusted not to over indulge  :-[ I can't even say I have a favourite as, if it was in the house, I would over indulge in white, milk or dark chocolate in pretty well any form ..

:sneakin:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 00:44:43 AM »
Hmmmmmm. You people are very classy. Me, I like a good Cadbury Starbar. Has peanuts (good for one's health) and doesn't hurt the rubbish teeth
Bronagh
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 23:42:40 PM »
Hotel Chocolat Rabot Estate Dominican Republic 100%.  Heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 22:55:54 PM »
Got to be Galaxy

Mary

P.S. wrong section :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 19:17:34 PM »
Hmmmm - definitely Hotel Chocolat 85% dark chocolate batons.  Heavenly at room temp, melting on your tongue....... ;D

Good thread!

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
What's your favourite chocolate bar and why??!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 18:31:50 PM »
Hiya all,

A complete random thread!! Just wondering about chocolate... So what is your favourite chocolate bar and why?

Mine is Double Deckers, I love eating the crispy bit first and then the nougat, just out the fridge if possible but usually it doesn't make it that far!

Heaven!
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat