Author Topic: Happy Kitty Company  (Read 2952 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Happy Kitty Company
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
Thanks for that Susanne  :thanks:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 13:32:46 PM »
Mary, I just prefer to feed a meat based protein rather than a plant based protein to cats as that's what they are designed to eat.  I don't like the idea of feeding grains to cats.  Of course some grain free foods just replace the grain with stuff like potato which isn't much better so I aim for low carb for my little carnivores.  I am more forgiving when it comes to treats but I'd still rather avoid grains.  Of course my little Jaffacake enjoyed his felix and did eat stuff like that and lived a long, healthy life for the most part (I did switch him over to mostly grain free at one point but then let him have some felix senior and of course renal food towards the end) but I've started Mosi off with grain free from the start and I do think he is more prone to runny poos when he eats stuff with grains in.  I want Kito to get off to the same start with good quality, high meat content grain free food.  Fortunately the little lad hoovers up just about anything I put in front of him.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 13:50:23 PM »
I guess now I have a cat called Kitty I should give it a look  :evillaugh:

Now then Susanne, to save me looking it u on the internet, why is grain free better?  Never had to be careful with food for my cats in the past and just recently things I've bought from Zooplus have had grain free written on them and you've mentioned it a few times.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CatHampurr

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kooki & cats throughout the UK!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 20:38:09 PM »
We worked with the Happy Kitty Co for our March Hampurr and included their GranataPet treats, they're a great bunch! Highly recommended!

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 15:43:50 PM »
Good.  :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 15:06:55 PM »
you don't need paypal, Carol.   you can pay with debit/credit card.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 14:54:29 PM »
it does sound good, wish mine were a bit more adventurous, still got a lot of bozita in the back of garage I think

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 14:36:12 PM »
Just seen this and I think I'll give it a try.  I notice they only mention PayPal for payment.  Do you have to have a Paypal account (which I don't) or is it one of those situations where you can use Paypal but don't need an account.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 00:18:49 AM »
Susanne thank you so much. I feed mainly raw. Just occasionally use commercial for emergencies. Say if the meat hasn't defrosted. or need something to put a pill in. But getting quality grain free food is difficult. These look great. Thank you.
Julie.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 20:26:28 PM »

Thanks Susanne

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 18:00:27 PM »
Have kept the link just incase  :shify: :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Happy Kitty Company
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 17:52:08 PM »
Just thought I'd give them a shout out on here as I know I've mentioned them occasionally in passing but never said much about them.

I've ordered from them for about a year now.  They don't do the big range that zooplus do but they basically sell 4 brands of grain free wet food, some dry food and treats.  Their customer service/communication is great, delivery is quick (next day delivery) and they put a toy mouse in with every order  ;D  It's well packed too - none of this throwing everything in a box like zooplus do resulting in dented tins.  Delivery is not free unless you buy loads but it's cheaper the more you buy (plus they do some trial packs which include delivery).  The food is economical when you buy the bigger tins - if you work out how much per 100g it compares favourably with supermarket stuff plus you tend to need to feed less of premium quality food like this.  They even do 800g tins for those with multi cat households!  I used to buy 400g tins and freeze half (Mosi ate it without problem after freezing) but now with 2 furries again a 400g tin doesn't last so long.  Macs is particularly popular here and I've just tried granatapet treats which went down a storm.  Worth a look for anyone who likes grain free wet food at a reasonable price.  I'd definitely recommend them.

http://www.happykittycompany.co.uk/

Link to CatChat