Author Topic: Dreamies or Temptations  (Read 7711 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: Dreamies or Temptations
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
Billy likes the whole range of temptations . All varieties are available in the house for him to select.  :innocent:
I sprinkle some on top of his gourmet perle fish meals.   :Luv2:

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »
Millie is into temptations. Once in the middle of the night she jumped on the kitchen side, opened a new pack and ate the whole lot  :shocked: needless to say the next day she didn't eat any breakfast!! Her favourite is chicken and cheese but she does like the salmon ones too

Cats are so fussy aren't they?
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 17:42:00 PM »
I may have found a winner  :winner is:

Taken delivery of food from Happy Kitty Co today and I'd ordered some granatapet treats.  Crunchy but healthy and grain free.  I opened the packet and lets just say I was instantly the most popular person on the planet!  Mosi absolutely loves them and Kito - well he loves everything edible!  I've been wanting to find some healthy, crunchy treats because while Mosi likes the freeze dried stuff like cosma snackies he's not keen on the softer treats like natures menu.  Now I've found something with a crunchy texture that he likes and I like because they are grain free  ;D

http://www.happykittycompany.co.uk/collections/granatapet/products/granatapet-feinis-duck-catnip-50g

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2015, 17:35:22 PM »
My billy is more a temptations man  :rofl: he does eat dreamies as well

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 15:36:34 PM »
I always freeze raw meat and fish for three weeks before giving to kill any parasites. I have never had to worm any of my six. I wonder how many human raw fish sushi eaters get worms?
Julie.

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 15:27:24 PM »
My mum used to tell this tale of days ago when the butcher pushed some raw liver through the letter box for the cat. Her uncle who lived with them use to trip over the cat, then swear "Tie a balloon too its tale".

Actually that was how one of my cats got worms eating a tiny piece of raw Liver.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 14:27:35 PM »
I'm having trouble with Hebe eating raw. Because of her mouth problem I give in and give her commercial food at times to help her eat. Then of course she doesn't want the raw. I have great faith in raw. I have been feeding it for 11 years. But Thierry had to have all his teeth out apart from canines at the age of two. And Hebe has been having stomatitis problems the last two and a half years and finally the rest of her teeth are to come out. Of course things might be worse if I didn't feed raw. It's known with hairless cats comes teeth problems. And Hebe it might be genetic as Devons are so in bred.
Julie.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 14:03:46 PM »
Yes, I use the 'backwards' method if I need to persuade a kitty into a carrier.

Cleo has decided not to eat raw anymore  :( but will have it if I mix commercial 'pate' food into it. I can't con her by cutting down the proportion of pate, she won't eat it if she deems there to not be enough! She's still getting around 75% raw, so I reckon that's a lot better than it could be.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
I'm glad to say mine like dreamies again. They had two packs given to them when their grandparents visited last week. They haven't had any for over 6 months as they suddenly went off them! Like Lilli my two love smilla toothies and hearties they are their favourite. 

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 10:53:47 AM »
Mary, I have never had Thrive, must be someone else  :shocked:

Dreamies for mine, and the Aldi version of the webbox sticks. I dont give them treats much, but OH does  :shify:

Yes the backwards method is supposed to be easier!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
It amused me when I took my previous cat Poppie to the vets how she was reluctant to come out of her box. But once the vet had finished she often walked back into the box on her own.

See  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1h2Tpc5E0A

I had to have her put to sleep after she refused to eat for over 2 weeks during hot weather. All the vet could give me were useless pills after a £100 blood test showed an infection. If she would not eat how could I get her to swallow pills without forcing her mouth open. The vet offered to house her for a week for £500 with no guarantee of course of a cure. I believe all they were going to do was force the pills down her throat with a tube.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 07:48:06 AM »
I think the best way is any way you can manage without getting shredded!  :rofl:  Putting them in backwards is supposed to best but a top opening carrier makes it even easier.

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »
Do you agree the best way to get a cat into its Carrier is to put it in backwards, so it cannot use its front paws to prevent being put in the box?

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 22:50:08 PM »
I only give mine treats on special occasions as they are on a raw diet. Also one of them vomits if he eats anything but raw. I have tried healthy treats, but they are not keen. So on special occasions they get both dreamies and temtations. They go down very well.
Julie.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 21:50:13 PM »
Alfie eats anything and Cleo would bite my hand off to get to any treats. They don't get them often though, a pack lasts months.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 21:09:14 PM »
DREAMIES  ;D

Bonnie loved the Cosmo chicken snacks too, after getting some Thrive off I think, Denzel and Dexter's mum.  I noticed Cosmo were cheaper and always on offer at Zooplus :evillaugh:  Some arrived the other day for Kitty, I hope she likes them.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 18:29:21 PM »
I don't think Mosi or Kito have ever had Temptations but they both love Dreamies with cheese being the favourite.  I try to give them healthy snacks but dreamies are just irresistible and always useful when you need a bribe.  They worked to get Mosi out from under the bed the other week when I needed to get him into the carrier to go to the vets!

I also feed Cosma snackies (like Thrive freeze dried) and they do like them so I try to stick to those mainly as they are just freeze dried whatever and no grains.  I bought some Perrito snacks for Kito for his 'half birthday' which he loves (fishy grain free treats) but were ridiculously expensive so never going to be a regular thing.  I'm going to buy some new treats from happy kitty co when I put in a food order at the weekend.  As long as they like the healthier ones I will feed them but keep the dreamies in for emergencies!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 16:53:24 PM »

Their very, very, bestest favourite's cheesy dreamies followed by anything else they can get their paws on  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 16:17:46 PM »
temptations all the way in my house!

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 15:40:31 PM »
Having no transport I have to rely mainly on a Co-op at the bottom of my road and I cannot remember ever seeing anything from Zooplus there.

In fact to give you and idea what they do sell, I often ask the kind young ladies and guys who sever me "am I the only one who ever buys food here?". Which explains how I was sent £28 of vouchers a month ago!

Their cat litter is useless almost impossible to tell what has bee wetted. Thank goodness the Indian Shop / Post Office sells dried Gypsom maybe from the local mines here, and much cheaper. I just bought a 8 Kg bag for only £1.59. You only have to tip it into another tray and the unused falls out.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 14:42:36 PM »
Mine like Dreamies best, but each prefers a different flavour!!! They all agree that Smilla toothies from Zooplus are the very very bestest treats of all. Everyone likes them and everyone can hear when I open the box!!!

Bronagh
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
Dreamies or Temptations
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 13:47:13 PM »
Which do you prefer? My Chiana seems to prefer the Dreamies which I think are smaller so I give her a few more. But she scoffs either down quick.

Gordon

Link to CatChat