Author Topic: Has anyone been to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium?  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Has anyone been to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium?
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 20:42:45 PM »
I spent some time cat cuddling for my nearest CP before I left London and some wonderful cats. One I would have loved to bring with me but Kocka didnt do other cats.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 13:25:13 PM »
I cat cuddle at Foal Farm, and yes you do get a little attached, it's only natural. But each time a cat gets homed, it's wonderful because you know how much happier they're going to be, and how much more love and attention they're going to get. (And maybe you helped them just a little bit if they were shy/scared/confused when they arrived.)

It's a little sad knowing you won't see them again but it doesn't last. Their pen is almost immediately taken up by a newbie.

You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 12:22:25 PM »
I've thought about cat cuddling for our local rescue. However, I'm afraid of getting too emotionally involved and wanting to bring them all home!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 09:11:59 AM »
I can testify to the fact the cat cuddlers and volunteers at Westgate Ark do the most amazing job, and all and any help is always gratefully received. 

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 23:42:17 PM »
Why don't you enquire at your local rescue about kitten cuddling/ spending time with the cats? I know at Westgate Ark where I volunteer we are so busy we don't often have the time to spend with the cats  :'( if you want to visit on a Saturday you can stay as long as you like, I'll make you a cuppa and get you a sarnie?! No joke!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 23:22:58 PM »
I meant the lottery called the auction  :-[  :rofl:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 20:06:49 PM »
I have a dou8ble ticket that I won in the lottery so there soon I hope  ;D ;D

Thanks for the info

I look forward to hearing all about it  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 17:22:28 PM »
I have a dou8ble ticket that I won in the lottery so there soon I hope  ;D ;D

Thanks for the info

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 14:36:04 PM »
I had hoped to go there for my birthday last year but wasn't able to book a table  :( Still hope to get there one day  :crossed:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 13:33:31 PM »
Yep! ;D
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 13:28:26 PM »
Let you off just this once ;)  Bet you had a smile on your face all the time.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 13:20:51 PM »
Yeah, sorry for the lack of photos but nearly everyone there was wandering around with their phones taking pics, and I didn't feel like adding to the numbers (I was too busy actually watching the cats!).

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
Don't be sorry for awakening the Thread, BUT do be sorry for no photos ;) :evillaugh:

Sounds like you had a lovely time, I mean let's face it, food, drinks and cats, what more do we need :rofl: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »
Sorry for necroeing an old thread but I wanted to add my recommendation for Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium. Went their yesterday. it's a lovely place, very calm and relaxing. The food is scrumptious, although it's difficult to concentrate on when you're preoccupied with the cats. (But on the subject of food, if you have the high tea you can ask for as many top-ups of food and drinks - as you want. :) )

We were downstairs, there are several cat trees, as well as walkways close to the ceiling, which give the kitties their own space whenever they want.

We saw three kittens (about five months old), including one little ninja boy who'd been found wandering along Shoreditch High Street when he was about 10 weeks old. He spent the whole time lying on a cushion being adored by a stream of people.

Although it was fully booked for the day, there were always a couple of tables free so it never felt too crowded.

:Luv:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:44:39 AM by jezebel »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 18:33:42 PM »

Fabulous!!  So pleased you had a lovely visit, Jen.   :hug: :hug: :)  I like the cats in the Edinburgh cafe too.    More chance of me getting to that one. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 17:42:18 PM »
No better way to spend the day :hug:

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 23:49:16 PM »

Nowt like that up here. Looks good though  ;D

Peanut butter cake  :drool;

Offline CatHampurr

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kooki & cats throughout the UK!
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 21:32:22 PM »
We've yet to get down to Lady D's (although they do stock our Hampurrs!) but have only heard great things about it. We went to another Cat Cafe in Nottingham a few weeks ago and had a great time.

http://www.cathampurr.co.uk/cat-cafe/

For those north of the boarder there's one in Scotland too...http://maisondemoggy.com/

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 20:12:42 PM »
I went with my mum for a day out and it was lovely! There are some strict ground rules about disturbing cats while washing or sleeping and there is a really variety of cats! All of whom look well and wander around loving being the centre of attention. The matriarch type cat is very aloof and owns the place. There were 2 gorgeous young kitties and some mischievous fluffy ones. They have masses of toys and furniture around and non human areas to go to.

The coffee is lovely as are the cakes (can recommend the peanut butter cake, very sweet but lush). We also had the sharing platter with olives and it was lovely.

I had a lovely day and we stayed there for the full allotted hour and a half. ;D
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 17:50:30 PM »
Looks great! I will have to book a visit next time I go up to London.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 16:24:05 PM »
If I could travel it's definately something I would consider.  It would sort out if I could have /have not a cat due to my Asthma, plus I'd get lots of goodies and cuddles along the way.

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 14:19:28 PM »
It's in Bethnal Green Road in Shoreditch.  I'll try and post the link (if we're allowed to do that on here!).

http://ladydinahs.com/

I don't know if that will take you straight to the site - I'm not the greatest techie type in the world, but at least it shows the website address!

I'll definitely give an update if I get down there.
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 13:30:05 PM »
No, I have not even heard of this one! Whereabouts in London is it? I would be very interested to hear what you think if you do go.

We had someone post here a while ago who was wanting to start a cat cafe in Brighton (I think it was). Don't know whether they ever did it though.

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
Has anyone been to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »
I was thinking of going to Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium, a cat cafe in London, and was just wondering if anyone from Purrs had been there yet.

I was toying of going there for my birthday next month for a High Tea.  Also, what do you Purrs people think of the idea of the Cat Cafe?

Apologies if this subject has been talked about already - am just curious!
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Link to CatChat