Author Topic: Forum advice please  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Re: Forum advice please
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 10:32:52 AM »
Next time any of you visit Hastings you might like to visit the RSPCA rescue centre for cats where I got my Chiana at http://www.bluebellridge.org.uk/cat-adoption/index.php#pagecontent

Now the weather is warmer she loves to go out only early in the morning no matter how cold. But as I promised the RSPCA not when it is dark. But twice she went next door and did not come back until around 1 am. I think I solved the problem now. Today I let her out in the middle of eating her breakfast as usual, but when she came back in for another snack I shut the cat flap. So there is now a little bump showing on the bed where she has gone back to bed.

A little tip I learned many years ago if making your own cat flap by cutting a hole in a door. Always buy or make a hinged flap out of Perspex so the cat can see what is outside and it is safe to go out. Perspex can be cut carefully with a Fret saw, but dab it with water to avoid it over heating. 

Gordon

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:34 AM »
 :evillaugh:   Shades of ITMA by the sounds of it.   ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:07 AM »
I like hastings, have spent many a good evening in the Jenny Lind

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:38:26 AM »
Thanks. Of course I welcome contributions from anyone anytime, rarely refusing any. I must admit with the changing times I do not receive so many new ones now  each day, but I still have thousands stored from previous years. I get about 30 visitors to the daily pages each day, and most people at work naturally visit the repeats at weekends.

Those of you with wartime memories or curious of what we Radio Amateurs get up to might like to visit the club site at http://herc-hastings.org.uk/ Our busy webmaster has uploaded hundreds of articles from past Vital Spark New Letters. Those of Flashover House are fictitious tales of old  Radio Hams and the mischievous they cause in a care home run by Matron  :innocent:

Gordon

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 08:37:32 AM »

Hi Gordon.  What advice is it that you're looking for?

I have to say, your photos and posts look very charming. I've never been to Hastings - Rye and Crawley are the only places I've visited in Sussex, but it's great to have a place to record your memories, share photos and have a general blether about local events and issues.  Good luck with your future contributions.

Loved the link to your cat photos which you posted for us recently.   :) 

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
Forum advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:20:16 AM »
Would some of you please advise me as a newcomer to this friendly forum. You can see from my site at  http://www.sigord.co.uk/ that for many years I have been uploading interesting and amusing contributions from kind elderly friends in other forums every day at http://www.sigord.co.uk/News.htm . All are completely safe to open and view as my site is always full protected by AVG antivirus.

Some of these contributions often include nice and amusing photos of cats, such as the MS Presentation Cute Creatures  among today’s I have just uploaded. Do you want me to post here anytime details of any others that include cats?

If you are unable to view any or want help in downloading copies you can see there is a HELP page. Should you still have difficulties in downloading a copy do not hesitate to contact me, and I will be happy to email it to you. Note very Thursday I upload repeats of all those shown each day for the last week.

Gordon

Link to CatChat