Author Topic: Another newboy  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Another newboy
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 07:33:02 AM »
That's great Gordon, just was a bit worried when we hadnt had any of your cheerful posts.  You dont have to just post when you have photos to share you know - you can pop in for a general natter apropos of nothing at all, should you feel like it.   :hug:

Good idea to use a comb as well as a brush on Chiana.  Our Moray is long haired, and if we dont use both, he gets tats and mats that have to be snipped out.  He doesn't like that......  :innocent:

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:04 AM »
All is well here thanks. It is just that I have not come across any new photos for you all apart from one at http://www.sigord.co.uk/TEMP/CATS/Hammy.pdf of another piebald cat and a hamster.

I seem to have cured my Chiana of sometimes choking on fur balls. I never could see much fur when I used a little brush, but I can see much more with a fine comb as with my previous cats. I wonder if that was deterring her from eating any soft food.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

Hi Gordon - just wanted to ask if everything was okay?  You havent been around for a few days and have missed your posts.  Hope all is good and you're just having a breather. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 13:58:32 PM »
soft spot here for barney!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 19:33:33 PM »
Fantastic pictures Gordon - beautiful cats.    :wow:

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 19:31:13 PM »
Hi and welcome to purrs.
Julie.

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 10:17:18 AM »
Here are more of our cats over the years at http://www.sigord.co.uk/MISCL/Cats2.htm including crafty Billy being fed a little cheese at supper time.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:22 AM »

That's great - she'll be very welcome, and we'll all look forward to hearing about Tasha.  As you may have seen by now, we love talking about our cats, and we love learning about other people's cats too.   :Luv:

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 07:50:29 AM »
I have emailed my elderly friend Magi in Deal to join us and tell you about her ginger cat Tasha.

Gordon

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 07:41:46 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   Billy was a true character, wasn't he?  I love the giant catflap in the ceiling story. 

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 07:36:11 AM »
The RSPCA claimed she was 2 years old when Paddy and me collected her last September. But to judge by the mischief she gets up to I suspect she is a bit younger. When I had to phone the RSPCA again to ask if their visitor wanted to see me again, the lady asked how she was settling in. So I said " She is chasing balls all day ". But I have now idea where she has hidden some costing me a fortune.

I will tell you the tale of our first cat Billy, who wandered in one day around 1950 when my step father opened the front door one day. He decided our flat upstairs was OK and stayed. Cats must have inbuilt clocks. Every evening around 9.30 PM when Mum and step dad came home from a little drink in the pub at the bottom of the road, Billy would demand to be let out of the front door. He would then run down about half the length of the road and wait in someone's front garden for Mum and Step dad. As soon as my step dad came by Billy would leap out onto his shoulders to be carried back home. This would scare the wits out of anyone following. I will try to remember to include the photo of step dad feeding Billy a bit of cheese while eating his supper.

To show how daft I can be. For years we could never understand why Billy wanted to me to open the door to the loft so he could jump into there from the top of a cupboard. Years later I realized it was because we did not have a cat flap, and he needed to 'do his jobs there'. I dunno if the people who bought the 2 flats from me when I moved to here realized what it was on the floor of the loft later on.

Gordon

Gordon

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 06:49:15 AM »

Aw Gordon - that's lovely, that's she slept with you every night since she arrived in your life.   :Luv: :Luv:  It sounds like she loves you very much, and has really bonded with you.  How long have you had her?  Do you know how old she is?

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 06:45:06 AM »
Thanks everyone. I am 81, my best pal is Paddy who likes to be called Pad. Chiana who I call Chi Chi is very nervous of strangers, and Pad is the only one apart from she allows to stroke her. I joke she likes to bite me but only if I stroke her too much and she never draws blood.

The lady at the RSPCA told me to keep her in the room for a day or two to get used to being in a home again instead of a cat run. But the first night I was woken up around 1 am with load howling I knew must be her. So I opened the door to the living room and she shot out, so I thought go where you like and went back to bed. Then a few minutes later she jumped on the bed and has slept with me every night since, even sleeps under the blankets daytime.

Browse around my site at  http://www.sigord.co.uk/ all perfectly safe. You might like to keep an eye on the daily contributions from elderly friends, and the weekly repeats. I often get lovely pics of animals. I will put up more pics of all my cats soon, and post the link here. I expect you know if you right click on almost ANY photo on a site you can download your own copy of it.

Gordon  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 20:12:20 PM »
Hey - Hiya and a big welcome to Sigord and Chiana.    :welcome: :welcome:  Hope you enjoy Purrs - there's load of things to read and post about.   :) And we do love piccies  (hint-hint!)  :evillaugh:

Tell us more about you and Chiana.    :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 18:53:08 PM »

:welcome: To purrs Sigord and Chiana

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 18:24:49 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am sure that you will love it bhere and pics are loved  ;) ;)

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
Another newboy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 17:57:23 PM »
Please have a look at our cats we had over the years at http://www.sigord.co.uk/MISCL/Cats.htm First with Mum in SE London then the Barney, Popey and Chiana here in Hastings after Mum died and then my wife Betty died. The current one Chiana I bought from the local RSPCA at http://www.bluebellridge.org.uk/cat-adoption/index.php#pagecontent

I joke with everyone I got her for half price as she only has half a tail and was rescued from Eastbourne. When she wakes up from her daily snooze in the afternoon, instead of making a noise she comes in under my legs and brushes me with her tail that looks like a shaving brush ----- Heap big trouble !!

Link to CatChat