Author Topic: I saw this and thought of you all. The Sureflap feeder.  (Read 2725 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: I saw this and thought of you all. The Sureflap feeder.
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
:evillaugh:   Aw, bless Neko.  Sometimes our cats feel more reassured if we wait while they're eating.  Don't know why. 

Sometimes Astrophe likes his food on the cupboard in my bedroom, but he won't eat it unless I sit with him until he has finished  :Crazy:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 06:40:05 AM »
 :evillaugh:   Aw, bless Neko.  Sometimes our cats feel more reassured if we wait while they're eating.  Don't know why. 

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 23:36:01 PM »
i purchased one in april from zooplus for £86... :shify:

It is being used and Sparecat is furious that she isnt getting any of Nekos food anymore.  :evillaugh:

Neko uses it but does prefer someone witnesses him use it- quite often he will mewl at me and look at it and mewl at me until i come over and tap it... and then he will eat. a few times he hasnt got his head in quite right ( hes too big for it to be honest -lanky 5.5kg) and it hasnt opened for him so we are using the tag and the chip ( i think his chip is too high if he doesnt duck?) and ive raised it up on a small box for him as it seems to make it easier for him to eat

slugsta- it closes again after the "target" pet has moved away, you can change the speed this happens but the medium setting seems to be right for my lot, Sparecat has tried standing on it and smacking it and has now given up. she could potentially sneak in round the side while its open but weve put it in a gap between some furniture to make it very hard to do this

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 16:18:19 PM »

I think I recall seeing one in last year's auction?

There was, you recall correctly Sue  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 16:11:32 PM »
Hope someone got a bargain Sue.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 16:03:16 PM »

I think I recall seeing one in last year's auction?

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 15:58:25 PM »
Thanks Andrew, I was about to look up the price :Crazy:

Maybe Tan could ask them to donate one to our Auction? ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »

:omg: Have you seen the price of them £99.00 - £122.00  :o

It's a sophisticated bit of kit - rather like the cat flaps.  Having bought three of their flaps (blimey!) I think they're worth their weight in gold.  No more intruder cats.    :shify:

Andrew, just laughing - from personal experience I lost two cat flaps which were literally smashed to smithereens when a local Big Burglar Cat and his henchpurrson took a liking to terrorising our two, and began breaking in.  trouble was, if you came in not realising they were in the house, they panicked and litterally battered their way out.   :-:  Leaving a gaping hole where the flap used to be and a helluva gale whistling round your ankles.   :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:26:32 AM »
I think it would be good if you had a cat on a special diet, my lot love the fountains

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 21:29:24 PM »
How much??  :Crazy:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 19:54:13 PM »

:omg: Have you seen the price of them £99.00 - £122.00  :o

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 18:20:28 PM »
LOL Sue P  :rofl:

My 2 like the water fountain, Cleo drinks quite a lot (has been blood tested, all OK).

Does the feeder stay open once activated? Cleo would have a mouthful and wander off, leaving the rest to Alfs...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »

I love Sureflaps products.   Not sure how our two would take to an auto feeder though - they prefer the interaction between eyeing up the bare dishes, asking us to give them something more appetising than "that last lot of muck" , doing a little dance from side to side and then turning up their noses and walking away with disdain in every tippytoe when you open the vastly different pouch to last time and mix up the fud :evillaugh:  I'd miss that.  ;)

Andrew, I got the boys a fountain, but Moray chose an inopportune moment to investigate and it widdled in his ear.  he wouldnt go near it after that, and neither would Tinks who viewed the whole thing with utter horror.  We gave it to our pet sitter, and her dogs love it.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 15:48:16 PM »
would be good for those with cats on special diets if you had one for each cat!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 13:16:21 PM »

It would probably scare my two to death  :rofl:

I bought a water fountain a while back, you'd have thought it was the end of the world the antics they got up to with it  :rofl: never drank out of it once. I sent it back

They are a great idea though

Thanks for the link  ;D

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
I saw this and thought of you all. The Sureflap feeder.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 13:11:14 PM »
I saw this on Facebook, and immediately loved it -  the Sureflap feeder which recognises your kitty via it's microchip.  I know my cats of old would have loved it too, it's a shame they don't do a dog version, as the mice round here keep nicking my dogs Wagg food.  If my asthma improves and I can have a kitty it will be high on the shopping list of things to get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2xEmMmYfBs
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 13:12:06 PM by Purdy Bear »

Link to CatChat