Author Topic: Can anyone help??  (Read 4633 times)

Offline Daisycat20

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Daisy (Poppy-Rip)
Re: Can anyone help??
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 16:36:54 PM »
Hi,

I haven't received any calls or texts from Helen (the person that placed the add) so far. I did also respond to her add via the message section on the Preloved site on Thursday night but after I did so it said that the advert had now been archived, not sure what this means as I've never bought anything from them, maybe she has pulled it? I took a photo of the ad on my phone so I know I wasn't imagining it!

I had included the contact number in one of the emails that I sent to Sam at Yorkshire Cats and she said that she would try to call Helen herself on Saturday and let me know when she had any updates.

Sorry that I don't have any more positive news.

The world belongs to cats you know, they let us own them just for show!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 20:18:19 PM »
Any response Daisycat?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 18:31:10 PM »
Thats great and yes you must stay away from these terrible sites

Offline Daisycat20

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 17:11:59 PM »
Hi,

Received a reply from the wonderful Sam at yorkshire cats who said that they could possibly help!! I just needed to respond to the add and ask that the person contact them and if she could bring them into their centre they could take them in and find them all new homes(how fantastic is that!!) the only thing was I had to sign up to become a member of Pre-loved before I could respond to the add...oh well!!

Anyway called, got the answerphone, left a message to contact me so thats where we are so far, nearly there....

Offline Daisycat20

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 15:01:24 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and the advice. I have looked on Yorkshirecats website and sent them an email. I have also offered to donate towards their care as I know that rescues are very busy and need all the help they can get.

I know there are many many more needing help (I must stop looking on those sites- too upsetting) but hopefully something can be done.

I will post any news.

Thanks again xx

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 13:51:31 PM »
You could try Yorkshire Cat Rescue .  There are phone and Email contact details on their website www.yorkshirecatrescue.org  . They're a big set up and cover a wide area, but as you say , they will probably already be full with a waiting list.  All rescues have to prioritise on need and although one day old kittens would probably jump to the top of the list if mum was a stray, the fact that they do have a home (albeit not a very caring one from the sounds of things) alters things somewhat and they may not want to intervene.  No harm in trying though.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 23:46:13 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 13:36:06 PM »
Mary in that area I believe

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 13:08:55 PM »
how awful hope someone can help

Offline Daisycat20

• Kitten
Can anyone help??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »
Hi all,

This is my first post so forgive me if this is the wrong thing to do but I have come across an add on Preloved for a mum cat and three one day old babies for free to a cat lover and am quite concerned that they will end up in the "wrong hands".

The ad Says that the cat and kittens are based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and I was hoping that some like minded cat lovers on here may have connections with rescues based in that area. I fully appreciate that all rescues are running to capacity and with kitten season upon us it will only get busier. I have seen the Animal Lifeline Forum mentioned but am unsure as to what they do, maybe this is an option?

I'm not trying to pass the buck and would happily do something myself but I am not a rescue (I only have the one cat), I live in Essex and my car is currently having a new gear box fitted.

Sorry again if this is not the correct thing to do but it's giving me a headache trying to work out how to help them.

Many thanks xx

Link to CatChat