Author Topic: Vet recommendation Central Scotland please  (Read 1840 times)

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
Re: Vet recommendation Central Scotland please
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 17:13:40 PM »
That's great Liz, thank you. Just wondered if you had any experience with them treating kidney disease at all? It's just that getting the right treatment for our boy was stressful to say the least working with our local vets. We ended up insisting on a referral to Bristol SAH some 2 1/2 hours away.
Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Vet recommendation Central Scotland please
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 14:56:16 PM »
Broadleys Vets in Stirling - the Clan cats previous vets are wonderful have taste of the art surgery and reasonable process and wonderful staff

Website

http://www.broadleysvets.co.uk/
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
Vet recommendation Central Scotland please
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
Hi,

Our youngest was diagnosed with kidney disease last November and despite being given 3 months tops to live he's doing really well. So much so that he's back to his old self :D but still needs medications and will ultimately worsen. We are moving from Wales to Scotland at some point when we sell our house. I was thinking it would be ages before we'd need a vet in Scotland but my partner will be moving ahead of myself and the animals and I am thinking of taking our boy with me on longer visits. So we would need a vet on hand.

Can anyone recommend a vet in the Stirling, Edinburgh, North Glasgow area? Ideally a vet that has experience with kidney disease and will support home subcutaneous fluid administration in cats but if not, then one that will listen to us human "owners" and is open to suggestion. Vets with experience with rodents, rabbits and lizards also wanted for when we finally move completely but to keep from straying off topic perhaps if those details could be sent to me via private message that would be best please.

I'm aware that there is a referral service at Edinburgh veterinary hospital that comes highly recommended. This is something we'd look to do if needed and have done at Bristol SAH but will want a regular vet too.

Thanks for reading.
Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Link to CatChat