Author Topic: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR Update on Kitty  (Read 72839 times)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
Re: WATCH THIS SPACE FOR Update on Kitty
« Reply #477 on: August 08, 2015, 23:29:08 PM »
Cleo is welcome to this if madame would like it.

http://www.mikkipet.com/grooming/products/cotton-glove-for-all-coats/

It's not one of those fancy rubber spikes in the middle ones. But it would protect your hand whilst grooming. Never used it as my lot all adore being combed and brushed.(Sorry Thierry.)
PM me if you want it sent on.
Julie.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 23:30:22 PM by bickhamwitch »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #476 on: August 08, 2015, 16:05:47 PM »
I must have a look at the grooming glove - I am currently wearing scratches across the back of my fingers for overstepping the mark with Madame Cleo.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #475 on: August 08, 2015, 14:28:57 PM »
Mosi loves the zoom groom too.  As long as I don't try to go for his tummy or armpits!  He loves it on his back though.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2015, 00:54:10 AM »
Mary, if she likes the Zoom Groom, you could go for one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001BFDU32/ref=pd_aw_sim_199_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=11VGRYM3SJ1Q6GG4KSR0

I found it most useful with Lady Lilli. She gets a bit feisty when groomed and swipes out if I make an error in my grooming. The glove has saved me from many a slash!!!!!
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #473 on: August 07, 2015, 23:57:38 PM »
Hi Mary and Kitty.

I've just spent the last couple of hours reading all of this thread and I have both been giggling and in near tears at the same time.

I'm really sorry that Tisha went up to the Rainbow Bridge...but she's waiting for you and Kitty to join her (but not for many, many years yet).

I've always loved tortoishell cats and Kitty reminds me of a stray my Nan used to have...Spike...pretty much a "look, but don't touch - unless you have food" lol.

It's wonderful that Kitty seems to be coming out of her shell now and like several have said, I'm sure she'll snuggle into your king-sized bed when she is ready.

I'll definitely be reading more of your thread and sending  :hug: to you and a little hand rub to Kitty

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #472 on: August 07, 2015, 22:55:43 PM »
Aaaw Bass is a very lucky girl  :hug: :Luv2:

I got one of those cat shaped massage brushes for Bonnie and she adored it. The other day I noticed it and just stroked Kitty with it twice and didn't push my luck.  I'll get it out again now you've suggested it  :thanks:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2015, 22:02:27 PM »
When we first got Bass she was incredibly shy and didn't like being touched, so one day I tried brushing her. She tolerated it and then started to like it. Then she slowly started to get more confident and enjoy being stroked. It took several months, though.

Now she's a complete fuss monster and loves to sit on a lap. She still has a brush every night at bedtime.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2015, 18:57:01 PM »
Sounds like she is making herself at home and working out how much fuss she wants from you but I bet that over time she will become a bit of a softy.  She is a very lovely tortie  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2015, 17:59:42 PM »
You are so right Julie, I keep forgetting I've only had her a short time really and remember someone saying it took their cat 3 months to come out of hiding :Crazy:

I am so used to having cats that come to bed with me and kissing them, maybe this will happen next year with Kitty, if I'm lucky  :evillaugh:

She was in the drawer again this morning when I got up and been there all day apart from when I brought a packet of chicken breast in to the room and she came to me and jumped on the settee arm and when I laid back and put the chicken on my jumper covered torso and chest she stood on me with all 4 paws and she even sat on me to eat at one point.

I didn't attempt to stroke her, not even when she was purring and she jumped down and went back in the drawer  :rofl: I wonder when I will be able to close that drawer???  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2015, 22:51:40 PM »
Mary I know how frustrating it must be for you. You must so want to show your love for her by touching her, then you get slashed for your efforts. At her age it might be so ingrained in her not to appreciate stroking, that you might just have to resort to the look and don't touch approach. She is jolly lucky at her age to get such a wonderful understanding person to take her on. A lot of people would have returned her. People like to be liked. On the farm people started feeding the abandoned farm cat. But they got huffy and refused to feed her after she slashed them. I feed her and tell myself what right have I to expect her to show gratitude. But then I have got six wonderful cuddly cats to go home to. You have just got Kitty. You could perhaps get a feather duster, or similar to just touch her with so she gets used to being touched. And you don't get slashed. When she tolerates the stroking with a feather duster, or glove on a stick, she could be rewarded with a treat. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how much we love our cats, we have to respect that they don't have to return the adoration.
Julie.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #467 on: August 06, 2015, 22:11:57 PM »
Bless her furry paws! You are doing such a good job with her but no-one knows what she has been through in the past. I'm sure she will settle even more in time  :hug:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #466 on: August 06, 2015, 20:23:21 PM »
 :hug:    She will get more contented over the coming months. You are doing a great job of looking after Kitty.  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #465 on: August 06, 2015, 19:42:01 PM »
That drawer new bed has table clothes in it, so yes nice and comfy Andrew.

Mary

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2015, 19:33:13 PM »
aww so cute  :Luv: They do love a new bed and like to make the most of it!  :naughty:  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 19:33:45 PM by souffle »
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #463 on: August 06, 2015, 19:31:46 PM »

She looks very comfy  ;D Love the pics in the drawer  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2015, 19:12:28 PM »
Here's where she's been all day  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2015, 19:11:04 PM »
Well, she has just hissed and clawed me again and drew blood. It's only one claw and it's the size of a paper cut but it ruddy well hurt.  That's it now for a while, it's just gonna be look but don't touch for me.

Here are some pics of where she slept last night.

Mary

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #460 on: August 05, 2015, 19:56:03 PM »
You just have to go slow Mary and Lupin was like that. I have to stroke him only where he likes and stop well before he strikes out. Over time he is getting better and now does head bumps on mine.

What I am still waiting for is a purr.

Sasa how ever swings between being scared and just adoring strokes but she wouldnt nhurt me at all, very gentle.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #459 on: August 05, 2015, 19:07:30 PM »
Did no one give you her instructions???  :naughty:
[/color]

:evillaugh:

and batteries that can be taken out  :rofl: :rofl:

If it was only one lace that I was touching that she didn't like it would be sorted but no.

Oh Julie you and the girl at the farm are stars  :hug:

Mary

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2015, 17:10:00 PM »
Mary you don't know her past. There is a farm cat where I live. Someone kept horses here and when she went, dumped the cat. Someone else fed her, then stopped after the said cat scratched her. I have now started to feed her. But go by her rules. Look, but don't touch. She is all purring and friendly until you try to touch her. Then you get a bloodied hand. If someone puts a coat down on a bale of hay they have got no hope of getting it back until she decides to vacate it. She runs up to you and then starts spitting and hissing at you as she follows you asking for food. Me and the girl groom came to the arrangement that we would feed her between us so as she can stay on the farm. She has no fear of people. Just hates them. I don't know her past. But I guess somewhere along the line she has been badly treated. Some cats often go into that mode of tummy rolling, then scratching you. The farm cat goes one further and rips your hand off without the rolling over bit. It's a pity because she could have so many friends with all the people that keep their horses there. I just feed her, call her the ungrateful cat and leave her to her own devices. She has made it quite clear she doesn't need a human friend. Just a sucker who will put up with her tantrums and feed her.
Julie.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2015, 16:28:43 PM »
Did no one give you her instructions???  :naughty:
I'll love you forever

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2015, 15:53:45 PM »
 :thanks: everyone BUT being a naughty sly little git tortie she still looks at me to stroke her and then she hisses and scratches my hand  >:(  She drew blood today - so who wants her? :naughty:

Mary

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2015, 14:45:48 PM »
Kitty is just so beautiful. It is so good she has settled and accepted you Mary.
Julie.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2015, 06:52:09 AM »

Mary, her coat is shining.  credit to you, treasure.   :hug: :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #453 on: August 04, 2015, 19:58:10 PM »
It is so lovely to hear that she is settling in so well and teaching you how she likes things  ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #452 on: August 04, 2015, 19:37:25 PM »
Yep, she sounds sorted.  :)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #451 on: August 04, 2015, 19:30:44 PM »

That's great Mary, settling in nicely. ;D
Oh and she is gorgeous  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #450 on: August 04, 2015, 18:52:38 PM »
Kitty is well and truely home  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #449 on: August 04, 2015, 18:21:14 PM »
She has now found my lap top to sit on as well as type in cat section ;)

The other night she was looking at me so I called her up and she climbed up the arm of the settee and sat there with me for ages.  She even rubbedher head againstmy armand she was purring so loud :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #448 on: July 29, 2015, 18:49:12 PM »
I have a very un=norty tortie  :rofl: but think the dark ones are more nortie lol. And the more ginger they have the worse they are  :rofl:

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #447 on: July 29, 2015, 16:19:02 PM »
It's not my torties that are naughty. Apart from Gracie laying claim to all new toys. It's my red headed guys. At least Kitty seems to be following the naught tortie tradition.
Julie.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2015, 16:13:16 PM »
She seems to be turning out to be quite the bossy britches Mary.  :naughty:
I'll love you forever

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2015, 14:42:15 PM »
Oh yer, she looks so sweet and innocent BUT as you know Torties are naughty ;)

She still hisses at me and gives me a tap wither claws and then 2 minutes later she looks at me and gives a sweet little meow and wants me to stroke her again :naughty: :rofl:

Mary

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2015, 14:01:04 PM »
She's settled in so well. Lovely to see

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #443 on: July 24, 2015, 22:12:27 PM »
Thanks everyone, she is so loving  :Luv2: :hug:

She's having her bloods done on 6th August to make sure her thyroid id ok and she'll get her claws trimmed which I hope will help her to grip hold of stuff and get upstairs.  I'm sure it's only her claws that are stopping her cos she is always looking up at my knees.

Hopefully when she starts going upstairs she will get on my bed and be like Bonnie and let me trim her nails a few at a time while I'm stroking her.

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #442 on: July 24, 2015, 20:08:34 PM »
:thanks: :thanks:

Oh God yer she loves treats, so far she's had Chicken Cosma and Cheese Dreamies  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary

She's a connoisseur then  :rofl:

Lovely pics Mary  :Luv2:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2015, 17:11:54 PM »
 :Luv2: so glad to see her finding her feet, don't think it will be long before you will be sharing your bed. And I bet she will be a right space hogger!  :Luv2:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2015, 16:43:04 PM »
Amazing pics love her  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2015, 16:19:48 PM »
Mary that is so wonderful.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #438 on: July 24, 2015, 16:15:10 PM »
 :thanks: :thanks:

Oh God yer she loves treats, so far she's had Chicken Cosma and Cheese Dreamies  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary

Link to CatChat