Author Topic: Chorondaroma in cats  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Chorondaroma in cats
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 22:51:23 PM »
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this  :'(

RIP Sammy, play hard at the bridge little boy.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 06:26:50 AM »

Pav, I'm so sorry.  I certainly dont want to probe a painful wound, but I am thinking of you, Sammie and his devoted slave too.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 00:26:00 AM »
Poor Sammie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what happened Pav?

RIP Sammie

Sorry Pav we don't lock threads they just  go down the list with inactivity and am sure other may like to pay their respects to Sammie.

I hope you are just not coming back to this thread?????????

Please will you send me an Email as on new lappy and trying to get addys back. Will pm you

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 22:37:28 PM »
  RIP Sammie :'( :'( You were loved very much sweetheart :hug: :hug:

:candle:

Gill, thank you so much for your help putting the pics for me and also your support and finding time to do so
   with every thing you were going through with Misa .

Alison, Sue , thank you for caring enough to post.

Gill, would you be kind enough to lock this thread? As I am not coming back here.

Pav

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 14:55:32 PM »
For a break its 6 weeks plus but for Leg amputation think is lots less cos good for cat to learn to walk again.........prob couple of weeks max until stitches are out but am  guessing

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:15 AM »
Thank you Alison, me neither but it doesn't look good :(  :hug:

Sue , thank you for the links. I am sorry about your dad :( I will print the links and ask the young man to read them. :hug: :hug:

Gill, thank you so much for the pictures, my vet is away till Monday so have made appointment for then.

I have asked the young man to get all the reports from the first vet to take with us, I called him today and he said his cat is very quiet today. He also said the condition is called Chondrosarcomo.

Does Any one know how long the cat needs cage rest after amputation please?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 18:11:51 PM »
Here are pics I hope this time.............dont know if its Purrs or me but bsure size has changed

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 13:44:08 PM »

My father had a human  form of this, and cancer of the bone marrow too.

Pav, I dont know if these links will help?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK9551/

http://maxshouse.com/Oncology/primary_bone_tumors_of_cats.htm

http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/pet-health-information/article/animal-health/bone-and-joint-tumors-in-cats/238

Am also ading my very best wishes and hopes for this young man and his cat.   :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 01:36:37 AM »
You can email me the phptos Pav but wont be able to deal with until tomorrow afternoon.

Definately he should get a second opinion and dont understand why its bleeding just hope the vet hasnt really messed up, but he needs the opinion quick and he could get the bleeding seen to at same time.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 22:58:24 PM »
I agree with you Pav and really best to get another opinion esp as you have had dealings with this vet before :hug:

I have never heard of this condition before but the explanation about the bleeding seems a bit strange. Surely, if there was a build up of blood there would be a lot of swelling. Have heard of plasma/lymph leaking but not blood in this way.

Wishing the young man and his dear cat all the best :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Chorondaroma in cats
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 19:39:44 PM »
 I am posting this on behalf of a young man who takes me around in his cab and I have known him for many years.

He called me this afternoon to say he took his cat 2 weeks ago to the vet and 5 days after taking biopsy the vet called with results that is Chorondaroma , he was told its very rare in cats and the option is amputation or PTS :(

The cat is 11 years old and very much out door cat and the young man wanted to ask my opinion as what is best to do for his cat?

As the vet is the same vet that misdiagnosed Felicity and was going to go for operation which she didn't need , you may remember? I suggested to get second opinion from my vet.

His cat is on antibiotics and pain killers and is booked for 23rd for amputation which the vet quoted £2000 . The cat is not insured but the young man said he will find the money , he wants to do the right thing for his cat.

Do you think its wise to get second opinion , also has any one had any experience with this. Any advice would be much appreciated .

He also said for last couple of days the tumour which they took the biopsy from is bleeding so he took the cat back today and the vet said is because the blood cant get through so its leaking ? I don't understand this.

He posted some photos to me but they are too large and I cant attach them, can any one help if I email it to them please.

Thank you

Link to CatChat