Author Topic: Fragrant poo!  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Fragrant poo!
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 23:44:36 PM »
We use Nurturing by Nature too, the company are local to us. Stuff comes minced up in 400g or 700g plastic containers, one of the larger ones lasts my 2 just over 2 days.

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 23:09:41 PM »
I use nurturing by nature, also raw natural pet. Nurturing by nature is very good, but more expensive as you pay more for great packaging. Raw natural pet is a lot cheaper, and has a lot more variety. Both do a delivery service. Raw natural pet do a complete raw meal as well as lots of minces and chunks etc.  See websites below.
Julie.

http://www.nurturingbynature.co.uk/

http://www.rawnaturalpets.co.uk/

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 00:11:10 AM »
What raw food to you give them Julie

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 23:16:46 PM »
My lot are all on raw and have two or three small stools each per week with no smell. When Hebe had teeth surgery I gave her a small amount of Sheba so as she got her pain killer for a few days after surgery. Her poos stunk the place out. I only gave her a small amount of Sheba once a day, but it was enough to make a very big change to her stool habit. I was so glad when she was back on the total raw again.
Julie.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 21:25:22 PM »

Astro and Zoonie have stinky poo and I mean stinky  :sick:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 17:32:06 PM »
Me too!  I have a very stinky girl cat who rarely covers. Robbie is fine as he goes outside more often than not and we don't smell it!  I did wonder if the biscuits she eats could be the cause as she has always been worse on the dreamies.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 17:21:18 PM »
I have poo envy :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 17:02:52 PM »
I really am surprised at the change.  Perhaps I have discovered the holy grail - odourless poo  :rofl:  Long  may it continue.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 22:07:47 PM »
Cleo's poo was super stinky when she first came to us  :sick: Once she started on the raw food they became harder, dry and with almost no smell. Just a few dreamies, or 'kibbles' will cause problems though.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 19:23:35 PM »
Found this interesting reading as Archie's poo is :sick: Parki's is fine

It sounds like Mosi's tum has settled which is great news ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Fragrant poo!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 19:12:46 PM »
Sorry this seems trivial when some, like Gill, are worried sick about their furries   :hug:

But I so want to know if anyone else has discovered this.

Now Mosi can pong the place out with a single, deadly bullet.  It's not a huge problem - it only smells when it hits the litter but the litter soon deals with it and if I'm home I scoop promptly and the smell soon diminishes once it's safely tucked away in a fragrant nappy sack  :sick:  But when first fired, them bullets spread their pong throughout the flat.

Now Mosi has been on a grain free diet for most of his life.  Although when I say grain free he did used to steal bits of Jaffa's food until last June.  Since then he's has grain free wet food (although very occasionally a food containing rice) with a little Applaws dry (grain free).  The only junk food has been dreamies.

What I'm building up to is that over the past week or so I've not really been aware of any poo pong.  I assumed he was just going when I was out and by the time I got home the litter had worked its magic and dealt with the smell (he does cover everything).  But I still thought it a bit odd that I hadn't been aware of any pong.  I knew he was using the tray as I was scooping out poo.  Then this morning he dropped one right beside me!  I was in the bathroom just out of the shower and his litter tray is in there. It's not a big bathroom so no escaping any pong.   But there was no smell.  As I walked past his tray (so literally about 12 inches from the tray) I was aware of the faintest of smells.  I went back into the bathroom a few mins later and a very faint smell lingered but hardly anything at all.  Only a fraction of what I'd normally smell from another room.

The only real difference in his diet is that over the past week I've stopped his dreamies.  He's been having Cosma snackies instead (freeze dried chicken).  Could such a tiny change in diet be responsible for the poo lack of smell?  The only other difference is a slight change in the brands of food with more of some new stuff (that he has had before) and a bit less of his regular Miamor pate (but still having that several times a week).  I can't believe replacing 4 dreamies with something grain free can have such an impact (although I suppose that is a bit like me having a chocolate bar each day!).

If this continues there will be no more dreamies!!  well ok, on Christmas and birthdays  ;)

Link to CatChat