Author Topic: Misa has chronic arthritis  (Read 13684 times)

Offline Tuftyclub

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: No wun, we iz masters!
Re: Misa back at vets tonight
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:01:36 AM »
Poor Misa. I hope you've gone to bed by now Gill?  :hug:

I'd continue with the Metacam for a few days and see. If he has a wound or inflammation it may take a few days for the NSAID in the Metacam to  heal it.

Can't say I'm impressed with the vets attitude on the phone, though. Making rush diagnosis without even seeing the cat is downright unprofessional and I'm. Not surprised you exploded!

Try to relax now, Misa will have a pain free night, you should get some rest too.  :hug:
Pursley, Big Sam, Polly, Theo, Sly da Sly, Tuffers, Georgie, Agent K.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Misa has chronic arthritis
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:07:56 AM »
Dont know where to start so exhausted.

Misa seemed to go down hill over about an hour and didnt seem to be able to get up from lying down.

I trieed to move him to a sitting position but he howled in pain so rang the vet.

He was horrible to talk to and said he thought Misa may have to be PTS..............I exploded and then he called Misa an old cat so was to be expected!!!!!!!!!!

It took me ages to get him in carrier cos although he didnr seem to be able to use his back legs he was using the front ones and was telling me he didnt want to go in the cage.

Anyway drove very slowly and Misa decided he could sit the whole way there and unlike 2 days ago he was protesting very loudly.

The vet nurse came out to help get him in and an emergency was being operated on so we waaited a while amd Misa was showing he could move around almost fine .............sigh

Then the vet Richard came out and he was young and actually very pleasant not like on the phone at all, I had been so worried.

He helped get Misa out of the carrier cos by now he seemed normal and wouldnt come out. He was examined very thoughly especially back legs and he also said the bottom of Misas back was tender, same as Gareth but also could not find anything obviously wrong with him and blooming Misa was just normal Misa man plodding around the table lying down getting up sitting.........................Misaaaaaaaaaaaa what you doing to me!

Richard said we had 3 options, one just carry on with metacam, give him an injection that was on the way to morphine but would only last for 7=8 hours or keep him there under observation until monday. Due to his fear of people he didnt think the last was a runner and said if it was his cat he would go for the jab but not give it into muscle as intended but give undder the skin so wouldnt be as effective but would last a bit longer and to carry on with metacom until he sees gareth on Monday.

When I started typing this Misa was still in his carrier and still,is but was sitting up. The jab will make him relaxed and sleepy so am hoping he has laid down and dozed off.

I was wondering if when  he scruncjes up his legs where he lies in the corner was giving him an in/out dislocation and then he ends up i loads of pain and cant move. All i know was that he was fine up to about 2100 when he went out with Sasa but he just laid on the path and wanted to come bacl quite quickly.

Its all a huge mystery and I am stressed out of my mind. The vet apologized for what he said and was really nice and Misa seemed to like him better than Gareth. He said I should tell Gareth and I said I couldnt so he said he would have to lol

I know Misa hasnt come up stairs for a few days so not used tray up there, also not been on my bed and not come up on the sofa, maybe longer cos just thought he didnt want to.

Please send loads of good vibes for my special boy and he will be seeing Gareth on Monday morning again,,,,,,,,,,,,we need to get to the bottom of this.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 13:22:50 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat