Author Topic: Cat Enclosures  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
Re: Cat Enclosures
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 16:06:57 PM »
Have a look at You Tube, there's a lot of tutorials on there for enclosures, cat trees etc.  In America their cats are predominately indoor cats so they use a lot of enclosures, window seats etc.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 15:21:46 PM »

I would use 2'' x 1' or 2' x 2''' to build the frame then cover in chicken wire or something with larger holes, which you could then staple to the outside of the frame. If you are building it tall, over 6' then I would secure it to the balcony and put a door in so you can get in if needed

Have fun  ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 15:15:37 PM »
An enclosre sounds a great idear, anything to keep him safe. All you need is a bit of imagination if you can do DIY.

Make four sides from some kind of strong mesh, four poles for corners, maybe mounted on bricks to keep them firm oh yes a doorway lol and best a top too. Lupin my cat can climb mesh.........sigh, acyually he can climb most things!

Once you have the box with door you can fit out with trees and stuff including some where he can get in shade.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
Cat Enclosures
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:18:51 PM »
I have recently moved house to a two bedroom, 1st floor flat/house (two flats on top but we have two floors and lady below only has the one) On the front we have a busy road and then she has the garden downstairs and we have a large patio/balcony over looking the back of the house and its fairly quiet. Now the weather is getting warmer i want my cat to enjoy some fresh air but i am scared of the main busy road and he is also scared from the noise. I was looking at maybe turning one side of the patio into an enclosure where he can go in and out as he pleases. I was going to make it so it was tall so many different levels and play items. I just wondered if anyone had done this before and advice on materials or someone who would be it. I dont mind building it myself, i am a bit DIY. My other option is to continue using a lead and taking him on walks but i think he would prefer if i wasnt always at his side. I am more afraid as i lost my other cat to a rta in my old house and we lived on a quiet cul-de-sac so i maybe being too careful. My cat isnt too fussed at present with outside. He doesnt mind having a noise but i just wanna make sure he is getting the best of both if he wanted. xx

Link to CatChat