Author Topic: Antirobe  (Read 2270 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Antirobe
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 21:44:46 PM »
Finish the course of antirobe tablets to get her gum infection under control before using any pro=biotic as they can interfere with each other. See how she is in a couple of days. It's unlikely the antibiotic has upset her stomach, more likely the stress of the vet visit or a reaction to the food she's on.

I personally don't believe there is any benefit in "breed specific" foods, and that it is a ploy from the food companies to charge caring owners more money for the same thing you can get by much cheaper means.

Check the ingredients of your special RC food and if it's high in grain or cereal I'd bet that is the cause of your cat's tummy troubles.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 15:08:19 PM »
Probiotics are great if a cat has a bad tum constantly and abs can cause that cos can kill the good bacteria as well as bad but wouldnt thought the start of one course would mdo that.

I think you should speak to your vet.

If your cat will eat a bit of yogurt the ones with  live stuff in are probiotic

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 14:11:58 PM »
I thought she may be more sensitive, maybe you could try her on a probiotic? I have never used them with my cats so can't say if/how effective they are. Hopefully someone will be along to offer some more advice for you  :)

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
The thing is Coco does have a sensitive stomach due to her fur ball problems (it causes inflammation at times).

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »
Algie used to have them for his gingivostomatitis  and I can't remember it causing him any problems. Hopefully Coco's system will settle down soon  :hug: 

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Antirobe
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 09:44:21 AM »
Coco has had diarrhoea for two days once yesterday and once (so far) this morning, she was also sick once this morning (again so far). She is still running around and playing and every so often will have a nibble of her Royal Canin Siamese.

The vet gave them to Coco 4 days ago for her gums which were a bit inflamed but according to the vet her teeth were very good. I know Antirobe can cause diarrhoea and vomiting in cats so I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

Link to CatChat