Author Topic: khaleesi has been home a couple weeks now  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: khaleesi has been home a couple weeks now
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »

Hmmmm.  Food for thought, as our current Orek is on its last feet.  I could get it refurbished for £130.00, but tempted by the idea of no cord to worry about.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »

We had a dog who used to love to be vacuumed, although tess always took off the minute it put in an appearance, as do Tinks and Moray.

Andrew, do you like your Gtech?  It looks like an impressive bit of kit, but how does it perform on actual cat hair?  Is it quiet in use?

The GTECH is great Sue. I use it mainly to pick up cat litter and spilt food fro messy mogs  ;D It does pick up cat hair quite well and are quiet....ish.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 12:08:02 PM »

We had a dog who used to love to be vacuumed, although tess always took off the minute it put in an appearance, as do Tinks and Moray.

Andrew, do you like your Gtech?  It looks like an impressive bit of kit, but how does it perform on actual cat hair?  Is it quiet in use?

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 15:59:31 PM »

Lovely pics Emma  ;D ;D ;D They are so sweet at that age, playful and curious, not yet at the house wrecking stage  :rofl:.

Astrophe and Zoonie are ok..ish with the hoover, they sit and watch, heads going back and forth, but they will run away if it gets to close  ;D
I also have a GTECH cordless sweeper and they don't mind that at all. In fact I can sweep right up to them and touch them and they won't budge, they even try to play with it  ;D

Holly and Lulu (RIP) used to love being hovered, stick the brush attachment on and they loved it.  ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 13:48:57 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh a little torti madam already showing her tortitude  :evillaugh:

I have a 16 yr old one.  ;D ;D

all my cats hate dyson and had Lupin since he was 10 months and only have to move it off and he runs and hides.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 13:11:23 PM »
Don't know about the hissing  :-: but hoovers are devil's work  :shify: :shify:  Most cats/kittens will tell you so.  Some loathe them more than others but you get the odd few like our Bob that would sit on the end of the wand if you let him  :Crazy:  Best not to make a big deal of it.  As she's so young, she'll probably grow out of her fear as long as you don't chase her with it that is!

She looks a real Poppitt  :Luv2:

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Khaleesi
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
Ross sounds hilarious in front of the mirror! Khaleesi just attacks her reflection  :rofl: she's also started hissing at us! And doing a clicking/spitting noise duno why tho -_- and we found out she HATES the hoover anyone else's kitten/ccat like this?

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 09:35:42 AM »
Everyone that's seen her loves her, my mother who is very very allergic to cats actually picks her up and kisses her and calls her her grandbairn!  Lmao she even went out and bought her very noisy toys!! >_<

I got a text off the OH when I was on my way to work saying 'khaleesi is at the door crying the worst I've ever seen her' had tears in my eyes the little bugga then I got another one saying she's fine now nose diving off the sofa and finding all the little spaces we never thought to clog up! Lmao I'm keep sending pictures to my friend saying isn't khaleesi getting huge now! She's like a fully grown cat  :rofl: she keeps throwing it in her water at night the brat for attention While we are asleep lmao I'll get one later today and post it it's about the same size as her she prefers her pink mouse atm like which I actually have a picture of (I have a about 3 pink mice for her cause she throws them in the water then cries! She's a brat! But gotta love her) 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 07:03:04 AM »
 :naughty: :naughty:   We NEVER get tired of photos of our puds.  NEVER.   :wow: :wow:

And certainly not when they're as cute as Khaleesi is!    :Luv:

I love their kitten antics.  When we had Ross, he used to proink up and down in front of our mirrored wardrobe, "checkin' out his moves" and" practissin da tekneek" - gawd he was gud!   :evillaugh:

I always like the kitten check at the vet, because I'm absolutely shameless - "do you think he/she has grown?"   "Don't you think he/she is just gorgeous?"  "Dontcha? Dontcha?"

And I reckon I'd like to see a piccie of Khaleesi with her little Olaf.  ;)  That did make me smile.  Mac used to have a little Teddy (well, we still have it) which went everywhere with him as a kitten. 

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 01:11:53 AM »
I've added some more pictures of khaleesi

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 00:59:37 AM »
She sleeps on my partner through the day, she's very lazy bless her! But gets little spouts of hyper moments! At times she runs away from my hand haha! She's hilarious I have millions of pictures but all are too big! They are most on my Facebook! I'm sure people are sick of the pictures I'll try to post some.. When she comes to me for a cuddle she actually cries until I wrap her in a blanket.. Vet for her injections next month! Eek the poor bairn..

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 10:18:04 AM »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 10:13:40 AM »
 :need pics:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:14:24 AM by Mymblesdaughter »

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 07:38:45 AM »
So pleased she is settling in so well  :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:25:42 AM »
Tell us more.  :evillaugh:  It's wonderful to be able to enjoy these precious kittenhood days.  ;D. Sounds like she's settling in well.  Ross used to suckle on my right ear lobe, a habit he retained into adulthood.  I adored it.   :Luv:  Got any pictures to share?   :wow:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 07:41:47 AM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 01:04:38 AM »
Sounds like she is very happy and you all have a long happy life together  ;D ;D ;D

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
khaleesi has been home a couple weeks now
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 00:48:05 AM »
Well as you all know I got a kitten i think it was two weeks ago now, she's settled in lovely! Going to sleep on the OH, we have found that when she is tired she purrs alot and comes over to nibble on fingers and lick them! She loves the warmth (mainly cause I spoilt her and wrap her in a blanket!),  she loves sleeping in her cage which is now always open with a blanket over top to make like a hide away.. When we leave the house she cries still and when we come back as soon as she hears the door she's meowing and purring for cuddles.. She loves her pink mouse and even has a teddy (olof- off frozen) she has a mad hour running round then sleeps for about two! Loves her kitten milk and her food..duno what more I can say about her.. We are totally smitten

Link to CatChat