Author Topic: Cat wees in the sink?  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Cat wees in the sink?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 14:19:35 PM »
I have several who hate any sort of litter under their paws despite using 5 different types of litter to cater to their preference and have several large high sided trays with nothing in them and they are easy to run under the tap to swish out

Wouldn't go the puppy training pad route can make them even lazier and I have one boy who goes in the bath and another couple who use the shower and a sink lady to all easy cleaned not on the floor and nothing a quick squirt of cleaning product doesn't clean up
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 14:14:41 PM »
Could you try her with a second tray with a puppy pad in - or no pad or litter at all? 

Offline msrisotto

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 14:03:20 PM »
Thanks. I've given her different litter options before but can give it another go. She does seem to show a preference towards smooth surfaces.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 13:53:09 PM »
Hi Ms Risotto

Cats and tolerating issues can be quite tricky to resolve.  Have posted a link which you might find useful, below.  May be worth trying a second litter box and a different litter so she has a choice for weeks and poo s.

http://www.getcatnipdaily.com/and-this-little-cat-went-wee-wee-wee-how-to-deal-with-cat-toileting-issues/2/

Offline msrisotto

• Adult Cat
Cat wees in the sink?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 12:51:01 PM »
Hi!

Thank you so much for your previous advice (http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,45172.0.html) :thanks:, I'm hoping for some more :)

I have a cat who consistently poos in an open box with fine wood chip (cats best). Weeing is another issue. We had a long time where she went anywhere but the box, but now she consistently wees in a open box, in front of her poo box with a puppy pad in (over the spot where she would prefer to wee on the floor). She also wees in the sink in the same room.

I guess I don't have a big problem with the situation at the moment but it doesn't seem right! Are there cats who just prefer a smooth surface? Should I be doing anything different? What can I do? The puppy pads aren't ideal but are preferable to an empty box which i'm sure she'd pee in too. She sometimes moves the pad out of the way and pees in the bare bit of the box.

Link to CatChat