Author Topic: Growing up and now getting aggressive towards me  (Read 1973 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Growing up and now getting aggressive towards me
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 20:19:52 PM »
Great link and hope it helps :hug:

Archie is prone to over stimulation and will end if nipping if stroked for too long :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 21:25:46 PM »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 18:28:25 PM »
Hello Lettie's Mum.  Am glad Sheila (Tuftyclub) has posted because I think Jackson Galaxy has some great advice about this kind of redirected play aggression which can stem from over stimulation.  And it's an easy trap to fall into, so don't be too hard on yourself.  Unfortunately my main pooter has just died on me tonight and using a kindle to type really taxes my abilities to t h e full, so won't attempt a more full reply now as I think you'd find it excruciatingly riddled with dire predictive text errors, so will instead j u st offer a  :hug: for now.

Offline Tuftyclub

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: No wun, we iz masters!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 01:29:21 AM »
I think I know what has happened here, but urge you to watch Jackson Galaxy  on you tube before I submit an answer, he puts it across so much better than I can. Try to relax and don't blame yourself, the answer is at hand.
Pursley, Big Sam, Polly, Theo, Sly da Sly, Tuffers, Georgie, Agent K.

Offline Lettie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lettie
Growing up and now getting aggressive towards me
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 16:53:31 PM »
Hello guys,

Lettie is ragdoll cross, now 9 months old, she is a big girl, probably over 4kg now, she weighed 4kg at 8 months.

I never knew that rough play could cause this, but I think I have made her aggressive towards me. The last few days she keeps trying to grab my hand, bite and claw when I stroke her. When I tell her no, I dont tap her or do anything to hurt her, she will then hiss or growl and look like she is going to full on attack me, so I stand up and stamp my feet at her so she runs away from me.

I have had to move her out of the lounge a couple of times, as she cant be in there alone, and when i have gone to move her she does this growl, so i have had to use a cushion - I place it by her and push her slightly and she moved - this sort of incident only happened this weekend and I have had a friend over which I think had upset her in the first place?!

It is odd because she has always been very cuddly, she will choose to lie near or on me, and only earlier today she came and lay in the space between my legs and back of sofa.

Seems to be when i stroke her and she wants to play, which I cant any more as she hurts, so then she gets nasty and growls....

What shall I do to turn this around - yes I think I know I am the cause of this in the first place, I just havent experienced this before!

Thank you.

Link to CatChat