Author Topic: Rossi The Feral Is Healing Well :0)  (Read 1708 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: Rossi The Feral Is Healing Well :0)
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »
Well done Amanda. 

Is not easy with strays is it?  I have one who turns up several times a day for chicken wings and dreamies, he has sores near his ears, I think he may have mites and is scratching. I am hoping he will let me get some mite drops in but am concerned that he will panic and that will destroy the trust we have built up.

X

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 07:02:47 AM »
That's really great Amanda.  Your persistence has paid off.  Well done.   :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:36:43 AM »
Well done and wonderful news  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cascats

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Tiffy Toffie (aka Tiffany), Lexicle (aka Lexi)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 18:41:08 PM »
Good to hear he is doing well x  :yesss:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 15:22:27 PM »
That's great news, thanks for the update  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »
That is great news  ;D

Offline tailtidy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: To Manx And Kipp &Rossi Was To Smiley Cat,Charlie& Hawkeye.Was also mum to my wonderful dogs Bud,Dino Radar And Nicky : they are at rainbow bridge now
Rossi The Feral Is Healing Well :0)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 09:14:41 AM »
Just to update regarding my wee feral Rossi : he had a terrible flea infestation which left him with a very sore rash and bites around his groin  :( and he also had bite sores on his tail from fighting.I gave him Frontline which cleared up the fleas and took photos of the rash and sores and showed them to my vet who kindly gave me steroids and anti biotics for him which I,ve been hiding in treats for him.
 It is impossible to get him in a carrier to take him to the vet although he is a very loving ,gentle boy but when he decides he wants to come in the house he only stays a couple of hours at the most , sometimes less and he rests,plays and cuddles. :hug:
 I,ve been giving him the meds regularly and he knocked the door last night to tell me he wanted in : I checked his groin and tail and was delighted to see the rash has gone and I can even now touch his tail as the sores have cleared up too  :) If he hadn,t responded to the meds then I was going to enquire about getting him trapped to get him to the vet or alternatively I had made arrangements to call my vet out when Rossi was in the house and get the vet to inject him while he was in the house but thankfully he has responded to the meds. I was apprehensive about doing this as have just recently gained Rossi,s trust and didn,t want to frighten him away or cause him any distress. Another happy "tail"  :) Amanda
Four Paws Feel Too

Link to CatChat