Author Topic: Automatic Food Dispenser: How Does It Work?  (Read 1615 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Re: Automatic Food Dispenser: How Does It Work?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 21:18:58 PM »
I have these for water.  You separate the two parts, then fill the top part with food, then while it's still upside down, slot the base back on to it before turning it the right way up. 

You will need to turn the top round 180 degrees to how it is showing in the photo, the way it is in the photo is for water, if you have it that way for food it won't come out the hole as it's too small. The other side of the tub doesn't have the little tab covering most of that area between the top and base, so the food that is in the container will drop down through the little hole into the dish.  When kitty eats the food from the dish, some of the stuff in the dispenser will drop down through the hole and refill the bowl...so it's not really 'automatic' as such, it just stores food and dispenses it when the bowl empties.  You'll need to make sure that the kibble size is small enough that it doesn't all get caught up in the little hole.

I hope that makes sense - but if not let me know and I'll try and draw some arrows on the photo! 

Offline tailtidy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: To Manx And Kipp &Rossi Was To Smiley Cat,Charlie& Hawkeye.Was also mum to my wonderful dogs Bud,Dino Radar And Nicky : they are at rainbow bridge now
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 23:52:30 PM »
Thanks lili that is a really good idea  :) I,ll turn it upside down and try it that way. I thought it would have an opening of some sort at the top as it says to put the food in from the top in the listing on Ebay
Four Paws Feel Too

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 23:29:33 PM »
I'm not sure how it works. But....... Can you separate the 2 parts?? Then upend the clear part, fill with grub, reattach yellow part (still upside down). Then turn it the right way up?
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline tailtidy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: To Manx And Kipp &Rossi Was To Smiley Cat,Charlie& Hawkeye.Was also mum to my wonderful dogs Bud,Dino Radar And Nicky : they are at rainbow bridge now
Automatic Food Dispenser: How Does It Work?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 22:32:57 PM »
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone has an "automatic" food dispenser and if they can help me operate one as I bought it on Ebay but can,t work out how to operate it  :-: (photo attached of the one I bought). It didn,t come with instructions but the listing says to add food from the top but the top isn,t open and there is no lid or top part which can be removed ?It also doesn,t look as if it,s "automatic"?
 I bought it for my feral boy Rossi as he eats outside most of the time ( his choice) and I feed him royal canin complete as well as Applaws wet: I put the dry food in a bowl but sometimes he doesn,t finish it as slugs get in and make the food all slimey  :sick: so I thought one of these automatic feeders would be perfect for keeping the food dry and protecting it from the slugs but don,t know how to work it? :doh: especially as there is no opening at the top to let me put the dry food in?
 Many thanks for your help,
 Amanda xx
Four Paws Feel Too

Link to CatChat