Author Topic: Ultrasound of Heart on a nervous kitty  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Ultrasound of Heart on a nervous kitty
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 13:12:24 PM »
Sorry cant help but why not discuss with your vet.

I have a 13 yr old who gets so stressed in his carrier going to vets he is panting and nearly hyperventilating and heart races while at vets............he is terrified of people except me, so know your worry

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Ultrasound of Heart on a nervous kitty
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:07:51 AM »
My boy Bailey is 15 and has hyperthyroidism. I’m hoping to get radioactive iodine treatment for him, however, because one of his symptoms was mouth breathing, we need to get his heart fully checked out first to rule out any underlying heart disease.

I’m seeing my vet on Friday to talk about a referral to Glasgow Vet School for ultrasound but I’m worried about how Bailey will cope as he’s extremely nervous, HATES the clippers at the vets and gets so worked up every time we take him, he pees in his carrier.
This might mean they need to sedate him, which of course is always a concern if there’s something going on with his heart!

Has anyone had a nervy cat go through ultrasound? How did they cope?
I’m probably over worrying as cats are such troopers coping with things but any reassurance would be much appreciated

Link to CatChat