Author Topic: Cheeky Monkey! Good job it's nearly time to take the tree down  (Read 1802 times)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Re: Cheeky Monkey! Good job it's nearly time to take the tree down
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 22:26:10 PM »
I bought myself a small artificial tree with integral lights a few years ago, just to be safe. I didn't want to risk my cats getting caught in strings of lights. I got plastic decorations too, rather than glass ones....and Clio and Bramble didn't go near the tree!
I expected Lily to cause havoc this year, and she did have the tree over once, but she's more interested in attacking the houseplants!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 19:35:32 PM »
Dont do it Sheila  :innocent:

Mine dont bother with the tree although Lupin suddenly takes a run at it with swiping paw out, wears off quick thank goodness.

It was Napoleon in his mid teens who used to play swipe  :rofl:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 20:07:21 PM »
Yayy good for you Mosi!

We've got a slightly different issue here - all our cats (except Pursley) are rescues: waifs, strays, failed fosters or simply life's unwanted purry furry souls. They're all wannabe Top Cat aficionados and would live in dustbins, eating fish bones and stealing sausages for a living "providing it's with dig-ni-tee"  as TC, ChoChoo, Fancy, Spook and Benny did with such aplomb  ;D

As ex-homeless purrsons, each and every one have an unhealthy attachment to their sleeping places. :sigh: This means we are never allowed to chuck out a cardboard box until it has been personally soiled  :sick: and since the demise of poor Beau the cat, our primary box soiler, no-one has messed a box since October.  :shify: The same goes for raggedy old cat trees, we have three - all of which have successors but none have yet managed to find their way to the tip. :sigh:

Consequently we have four large cardboard boxes left over from the Orcshun and various Christmas related deliveries strewn around the house, all chewed, battered and torn but nevertheless loved to bits (literally) that we cannot dispose of.  :doh: The house is shrinking, shredded, tatty. :innocent:

Theo has adopted one box and now spends most nights inside the house - a previously unknown phenomenon  :wow: Sly has bagged the one under the fridge in case Turkey mk IV sends him any spare  :thinking: George has the one under the telly from where he watches the footie  :cccooorrr: and Sam has bagged the one that moves around the kitchen floor like Ouija.  :shify: Somebody helppp!

Tomorrow I'm all set for the Big Clean:  the cardboard boxes will be recycled, old scratch posts destined for The Tip, spiders will be humanely displaced, dust and fur dislodged, caked bits of brown unidentified goo will be pried from the floors and skirting boards and the windows will be wiped clean of noseprints. Rugs will be washed and curtains vacummed :-:

Tomorrow evening, my friends, there will be, erm, a house  ;)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 19:54:17 PM »
He just wants to rearrange the baubles, he obviously doesn't like them where they are!  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 18:14:22 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Go Mosi, Go Mosi!    :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Cheeky Monkey! Good job it's nearly time to take the tree down
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 18:12:01 PM »
Would you believe that Mosi has never really bothered with the xmas tree?  Rather shameful for the leader of the norty club really  :shify:  In his defence, he spent his first xmas with me at a cattery (turning 1 on xmas eve that year) and I had no tree the next year.  I did put up my artificial tree the following year (sans lights and tinsel) and I don't recall him bothering much with it, maybe in part due to having a large cat tree one side and the sofa the other side.  For the past 3 years I've had a real, small tree in a pot with my red berry lights (no other decs) and he's sniffed it but largely ignored it.  He doesn't tend to bother much with things that don't move.  This year I tried putting some small gold baubles on it but didn't have enough to do it properly and couldn't find any more small baubles to supplement them.  well yesterday I found some small red baubles in the sales and decided to put a few on the tree as a last hurrah.  Now Mosi has discovered the job of swiping a shiny bauble and won't leave them alone.  One in particular is within easy reach if he sits on the sofa arm so he sits there swiping at it and knocking it off the tree  :innocent:  I refuse to pick it up any more!  I planned to take the tree down this weekend but may have to do it sooner rather than later!  Can't believe he's waited for his 9th birthday to become a tree menace!

Link to CatChat