Author Topic: Goodbye 2014  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Goodbye 2014
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 17:11:01 PM »
Hollycat  :hug: BTW, my friend lover her brooch - thank you :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 03:07:19 AM »

So many bad years. 2008 lost Holly, very sad then lost my Dad a few weeks later. It didn't upset me losing him as I feel I lost him the day in 1973 that he walked out, so 1973 was a bad year.

2009 was devastating as I lost my mum. 2010,11, 12 13 for the same reason, I didn't know what day it was most of the time. The only thing that kept me going was my beautiful mogs Tigger and Lulu.

2014 lost Tigger then 3 weeks later Lulu. It did have a brighter side though, two monsters called Astrophe and Zoonie, love em to bits, little horrors ;D

First thing to look forward to in 2015 is in January as the hoolicats will be 1 year old on 22nd ( Lucky to have made it  ;D ) after that I will take each day as it comes, hopefully no more  :censored:

Rosella, your magnificent 7 are magnificent. I think these are the first pics I have seen of them all.  ;D Need more.

I hope everyone has better, brighter days coming  :hug: :hug: :hug: for all you lovely ladies

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 00:25:26 AM »
Your seven lodgers definitely are gorgeous Rosella 

Indeed  :Luv:

2014 has been a pretty rubbish year for many that's for sure.  I'll be saying good riddance to it rather than goodbye.  2015 has the potential to be promising for me but also to go rather pear shaped depending on various factors.  I am trying to be positive!

Growing up, new years day was always the big celebration rather than new years eve.  There were new years eve celebrations but new years day was the big event.  Big roast dinner, family and friends - just like xmas day but without the presents.  Although often presents too when visitors not seen for a while brought belated xmas presents. 

I still think of September/October as a time for new starts - can't get that student calendar out of my head!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 00:04:02 AM »
I hope 2015 has many more ups than downs for everybody.  :grouphug:

Rosella I don't think I've ever seen pics of all your gang on one thread.  They really are gorgeous and such fabulous pics, especially that one of Groucho.   :Luv2:  He looks so angelic.  He is angelic isn't he?  :evillaugh:  Ruby seems to have been very obliging with the photo shoot.  I can ever get decent pics of the dynamic duo to order.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:58:21 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 20:55:12 PM »
Your seven lodgers definitely are gorgeous Rosella  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 20:22:09 PM »
I am determined to look forward to 2015.  I have health, a loving OH and 7 seven gorgeous lodgers  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 19:49:41 PM »
It sounds as if it has been a particularly bad year for some people  :(   :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 18:55:45 PM »
won't be looking back myself, lost two cats Oscar in November and the irreplaceable Amber in May and my nephew at the age of 42 in July  :(

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 13:38:30 PM »
Oh gawd, bunglycat - what a truely horrible year you've had. :hug: Mine's not been the best either, so I'll be pleased to see 2014 out the door tomorrow night.

Rosella, those photos are gorgeous!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 23:19:23 PM »
Well , I thought 2011 was bad enough losing Smartie, but my god this year is beating it hands down and no stopping it yet !
Lost Fifi Feb, Winston  in August, my brother  in October.
Since then my sister has disowned me and never spoke to me . I have taken in 3 ill cats  that has now turned me into a sanctuary for ill , old and neglected cats !  ( just got to think of a name for it)
Merlin is still ongoing with blood tests but I think we are getting there .
Blueberry nearly died through someone never taking her to the vets for a mouthful of rotten teeth plus loads of other stuff.
This last week, Angel stopped,eating altogether and had to go to,the vet on a drip , she may have addisons disease as her body isn't producing cortisone .
Blueberry, Angel and and now,Ginny have all been sick .
I was ill all day boxing day .
Today I have had another letter from my doctor and my kidney function has gone down even more , at the moment it's going down 1 unit a week !
At this rate I won't be around next Xmas myself !
I sold a new phone to my neighbour which has now died so have that to,sort out too .

I am desperately trying to,pay the vet bills for Merlin and the others and as fast as I pay £100-200 someone else is ill and another £200- 300 goes back on.
I now stand at almost £800 and now Ginny is refusing to,eat and will have to go to the vets tomorrow .
Every day I think nothing else is left to go wrong ,but every day brings something else bad !

Really at my wits end now  :censored: :censored: :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 23:21:36 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 18:03:04 PM »
Wonderful pics Rosella  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Not sure I like any years tbh this one has been very trying to say the least!

Would love to thiunk that 2015 woould be good but not holding my breath

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:56:45 AM »

Some years you just want to wave farewell to, more than others.  2009 was mine (there have been others)

Hoping with all of my heart that 2015 will be a kind year for us all.   :hug: :hug:

And meanwhile, I'm feasting my eyes on a veritable delight of feline fabyoolushness below....  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :wow:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Goodbye 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
Don't take offence but please don't feel the need to return ....... ever.  In addition to a few mates who kept me sane (you know who you are), I really don't think I could have done it without

The Moggnificent   7

Here's some pics from 2014 with profound apologies to our darling, darling Ruby who had to put up with a short foto sesh this morning as I had not one 2014 pic of her!  :o

Bobby Bob Bob

Ruby Doo

Billy Whiz

Groucho

HRH Princess Noni Baroni .......... of the hula hula hips

Boris (pronounced with a Russky accent of course)

Dinah Doo

:thanks: kids  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:53:07 AM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat