Author Topic: I love cats but......  (Read 1460 times)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Re: I love cats but......
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 22:17:37 PM »
We only have a small courtyard garden with a strip of soil where we have spent a lot of time and money planting and making it look nice. Having cat poop just Sat there isn't very nice and it smells so leaving it isn't really an option. We dont really want to use anything like a spray either but nothing else we've done has helped :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 22:10:22 PM »
Something has changed where she recently went.

Yes you could try that but in this weather the smell will go quick and dont like idea of a cat getting sprayed when its freezing.

If you dont use the garden in the winter I would be tempted to just leave, the weather will get rid of most and then you can think about it in the spring

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 22:01:57 PM »
But why has it started using our garden as its toilet only the last few weeks considering we've been here since July. So it we put more of our own cat poo outside it might deter it? Failing that, any ideas? Thinking about getting a motion sensor water spray.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 21:50:52 PM »
When a cat thinks a place is not being used they will use it!

Thats cats and used to see Kocka look carefully and go two gardens up, she was punishing them for being nasty.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
I love cats but......
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 21:41:57 PM »
Hi all

As you know I love cats and have 3 of my own who I adore however....our cats are indoor cats and our next door neighbours have cats who are outside cats. We have lived here since July and never had any problems until a few weeks ago when one of the cats next door (black n white) started to use our garden as a toilet. He/she goes every day and in a day we see at least 4 or 5 poos. They are large and disgusting. We have tried scaring it away. we have tried using curry plants and we have put one of our cat's poos in the garden to upset it but nothing works. We dont want to harm the cat or upset our cats but does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this cat messing in our garden? It's driving us mad!!!

Thanks all
Nic

Link to CatChat