Author Topic: Sore under chin  (Read 17471 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Sore under chin
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2015, 20:11:33 PM »
I feel for you Pav cos the place above me was done and its what forced me to move in the end and they just knocked the walls and ceiling down which effectively fell on my head!

It was when I was first taken ill and luckily thaat year was the one where it was sunny from May to Oct and over 100 dgrees in London. So spent all day every day out in garden till it was finished and Kocka also.

The changes upstairs then brought in all the 16 year old boys from care and that was it!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2015, 20:00:40 PM »
Pav  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2015, 17:57:41 PM »
Pav great to hear the scratching has stopped ;D

Really hope the refurbishment does not take long so you can all get some peace and normality back :hug:

Oh me too.  It's bad enough if the work is being done to your  own home, but at least you generally reap the benefits of the improvements and not just the awful noise and mess.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2015, 17:29:50 PM »
Pav great to hear the scratching has stopped ;D

Really hope the refurbishment does not take long so you can all get some peace and normality back :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2015, 17:16:04 PM »
Thank you for asking Sheila, and thank you Sue and the boys :) :hug:
Been feeling down as my niece got married last week and I know it was my decision not to go because of my cats but couldn't help but to feel really guilty for not going :( well  its done and over now , my choice. Also after putting up with 3 months of extension work with Flat 3 now Flat 2 is sold and the couple 2 ladies with their little dog are having the whole flat refurbished  :-: They even had the ceilings down to have them sound proof, its massive work and the same story cats are terrified and the noise and dust is just too much at times :tired:

But both Mr J and Miss Felicity are well and coping better than me ;) Aww and scratching has stopped!

Thank you
x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2015, 06:47:25 AM »
How are you Pav?  :hug:

Me, Tinks and Moray wanting to know as well.  Sending you our combined love (wow - that's a lorra luv!)   :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2015, 18:39:32 PM »
How are you Pav?  :hug:

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2015, 23:35:19 PM »
Now that is true. I don't have to wade around knee deep in cat fur!
Julie.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2015, 17:57:33 PM »
LOL Julie but you dont have all the fur that mine coat everything with!

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2015, 16:13:54 PM »
If it wasn't for the cat litter spread all over the place I wouldn't bother to hoover at all. Hate housework. But the cats make me do it. Washing their food dishes and cleaning water bowls. Mopping the kitchen floor after each meal. Mopping up again their footprints as they meander in out the garden. Waste of time wiping kitchen tops and toilet seat, bath edge and basin. They just follow around redecorating with pawprints. And that's just the half of it! Who'd have cats.
Julie.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2015, 14:45:39 PM »
If I had a cleaner that would be it too but I dont so gets done when I am strong enough!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2015, 13:13:05 PM »
My cleaner comes and hoovers once a week!  :-[

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 18:15:23 PM »
You hoover twice a day!

Twice a day couldnt do that lol

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 17:36:47 PM »
Really pleased to hear Felicity's sore has healed well :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 02:18:21 AM »
Sue, Felicity showed some interest today. She managed to switch it off and walked away. :naughty:
Alison, thank you. :hug:

Dawn  :hug: :hug:

Kay yes the house is much loved and as soon as Felicity is in , Mr J make sure he sleeps on top and squash her :rofl:

Gill, thank you. I hoover twice a day so hopefully that helps. Treated the flat yesterday.
Sheila, thank you. The collar is a no no here but as soon as I see them scratching I try to distract them . Felicity sore has healed nicely .

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2015, 14:43:07 PM »
I wonder if they are still scratching because the old bites and scabs from their previous scratching is now healing, as the healing process can also be itchy. They may be in an itch/scratch cycle which needs to be broken, and usually fitting a collar would be the remedy. If you have a comfy collar in the house these are very useful for breaking the itch/scratch cycle without distressing the cat as cone collars can.

http://www.comfycollars.co.uk/

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 14:53:25 PM »
I have started trying to get rid of old magazines but the cat ones are always a proplem and the very first one I picked up is from 2006 and has an article of fleas and scratching!

I thought it must be older cos no mention of Indorex or acclaim but not.

Very briefly its says that after larva emerge from the eggs they crawl away to hide in carpet pile etc and weave a film round themselves. Once in this state no treatment of any type can penetrate this film!! The only way of getting them at this poi nt is continual hoovering.

They suggest!!! turn up heating to try to get them to hatch and vibrations can also cause this, then the treatment will kill them.

They are so small you wont see them but wonder if this is what is making Moray afraid of carpets and other cats scratching.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
they might be indifferent to the undercover mouse, Pav, but the cardboard bed seems to have been a big hit, and the cardboard house has obviously received a lot of attention :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:58 AM »

Aw Dawn.   :hug:   Tedlet loves it too.  He taps it to show us that he wants to play with it. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »
aww my amber used to love the undercover mouse, she could switch it on herself!  I put it away after she died  :(

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 07:38:25 AM »
Love the interest :evillaugh:

Hope all furries feel less itchy :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 07:12:16 AM »

Aw, Pav!   :rofl:  Not a flicker of interest then?  Typical!  :innocent:

Fred was in ours on his own last night, everyone else being eitehr asleep on various cosy spots, or out adventuring.  He enjoyed a mammoth play session with the Flying frenzy and boy has that Dude got some cute moves!  ;D 

Moray's moving around a lot better on the floor now, so am hoping he may be starting to reap the benefit, in which case I'm not going to treat him either.  We'll scoosh the house again while the boys are out doing their thing over the weekend and see how we go from there.

Sending gentle ear scritches for the beautiful Miss Felicity, and the equally wonderful Mr Jingles.    :cat rub: :catlove2:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2015, 06:28:29 AM »
I was going to repeat the stronghold on the 13th but decided to hold back for now as I cant see any thing. Just don't like the idea of treating them if not needed but I am going to treat the flat again this weekend :-:
Dawn , I wonder if the scratching is just after treatment reaction! Just sensitive skin.
Aww Sue, poor Moray  :( I can imagine his little face all sleepy wanting cuddles :Luv2: :Luv2: Hope he gets lots of cuddles this weekend both from mumy and daddy P, that is if he wonts it ;)

After reading your threads re undercover mouse I thought I should get one for my two and this is how they reacted :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »
mine are all scratching with no sign of fleas as well

There's a theme developing here, isn't there? 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »
mine are all scratching with no sign of fleas as well

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »

Pav, I suspect their skins may be somewhat sensitive - both to any flea activity and also potentially the treatment (although am only theorising here).   Unfortunately, like you, I had to part with three of their cat beds which disintegrated after their spell in the washing machine.  But they still have two in the dining room they use, and one in the living room, and of course our sofas, coffee tables, wicker storage hamper, our bed, the armchair in the bedroom, the spare bed in the back bedroom - they're not deprived by any means.    :evillaugh:

Bless Moray, he wanted to have snuggles with his dad this morning, but Daddy P was "busy in the kitchen" - so Moray came to me, looking all sleepy and sad, and unfortunately I had to go upstairs and get dressed.  I hate it when life gets in the way of my time with my cats.   >:(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
Hi Alison , yes they are both good. Thank you for asking. :hug: :hug:

Sue, I have been following Moray on Alison thread. Hope you manage to sort the problem soon but I have to say both Mr Jingles and Felicity still scratching but there is no sign of fleas or flea dirt on them and it seems that's what happening to gorgeous Moray :-: Not sure what is all the scratching about ?  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2015, 07:10:57 AM »
Adding my thoughts to Alison's, Pav.  And of course am commiserating wholeheartedly, as we're also battling a flea problem with young Moray and the boys.   :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 20:45:19 PM »
Hope the appointment went well Pav :hug:

How are Mr Jingles and Felicity :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »
Morning Pav.  How are you, and the Lovely Miss Felicity and Mr Jingles today?  :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 21:02:18 PM »
Glad you are flea free Pav.

Sending lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: Hope your GP can do something for you.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »
Flea free

:narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance: :narna dance:

So nice the snuggle up Pav and know what you mean about not having the heart to stop Mr J as I was always getting nipped ny Napoleon.

Still frosrty here and Misa took a sniff and decided noooooooooooo too cold to go out lol

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »
Awww Thank you every one  :) :Luv:

Yes def flea free in our home , I thought I never get rid  :scared: Cant wait to repeat the treatment in Jan :naughty:
I am gong to see the GP on the 2nd, cant see any sign of shingles like I did last time but will ask her to check! The pain still very bad and the deep heat spray or the patches don't seem to work . At some point I thought of going to A/E but when I called they said waiting time 4-6 hours and go if only emergency and thought no too long to wait and they will send me home with more pain killers and advice to go and see GP.

Aww sue, I know how OH must have felt ;) The other afternoon I went to bed for a nap and next I had Felicity on right and Mr J on left being sandwich and didn't have the heart to move and after a while as I thought I need to change position Mr J moved for my neck that's what he's been doing since a baby start suckling and kneading which I thought cos he didn't have his mum but now all 4.7 kilo of him going for my neck and chin quite hurts :-[ My neck looks like a dart board and feels like sand paper but still don't have the heart to stop him :Luv2: :Luv2:
Once again thank you for all the kind words and have a great sunday. Its sunny and very cold here but a beautiful day.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »
If iys shingles you should be seeing signs of it by now and agree doctors very slow to diagnose

That would cause a nerve pain and the answer is co-codamol amd ibruphen if the first does not work alone, they tend not to give a strong enough one. Also they should give you the drug that stops nerve damage asap.

I was taking all 3.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Oh Dear God those are gorgeous pics  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Nelson is a very lucky boy.  ;D

I pray its not your shingles coming back again Pav, but if it is that then at least you know it will clear in time.  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2014, 08:35:17 AM »
Oh Pav - they're fabulous pictures - the new scratching post went down extremely well from the look of things.   :Luv: :Luv:

Rosella has said exactly what I was going to say.  That has a suspicious habit of pain like you describe, and shingles can be very unpleasant to suffer from.  Not always one that docs diagnose promptly, either.  I think it might be worth seeing your GP again and posing the question.   :hug: :hug:

Moray's good thanks - apart from being a little Monsta yesterday when he got toy envy and didnt want to share.  Most unlike Moray, but he was like a little kid who'd had too much excitement for one day, and in true overtired fashion, he ended up dozing on Daddy P's lap for over an hour, which left OH in some discomfort (he tells me) as his bottom went numb.   :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2014, 08:29:04 AM »
What fabulous pics Pav!  They really are the most beautiful furries  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Am so sorry you continue to be in so much pain.  Is there any chance it is shingles Pav?

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Shingles/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 17:56:13 PM »
Great photo's Pav  ;D I do hope that you soon feel better  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2014, 14:59:45 PM »
Great pictures Pav, they looka bit nipped out  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

They look so happy and great knews about fleas and your itching too.

Just wondering if you have pulled a muscle have you tried ibelieve gel my spelling bad but phonetically right............sigh or votarol gel sp? again!

If its a pull or a strain can last a long time, I hurt my ribs playing basketball and took for ever to stop being painful.

Hope Nelson likes his new house

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »
Sorry every one for late reply, am in so much pain from under my arm going to my back. Just cant get any sleep and its very annoying  :tired:

Yes , I think we are flea free ;D I can't find any dirt or flea on Mr J or Miss F which is fab but they still scratching :doh:

Thanks Sheila, the cream has helped the rash no more scratching for me. :)
Gill, the GP said  is too early to do referral as I have been in pain only for 2 weeks , but she would if still in pain after New year.
Sue, I hope Moray is feeling better now :hug: :hug:
Alison sending you  :hug: :hug: x
Had a quiet Christmas eve with the cats . :Luv2: :Luv2:
Here some pics from my two :)
Am going to set Nelson's kabin today with the help of a neighbour, the one we won at auction. Finger crossed he uses it ;)

Have a great Christmas day every one.
Modify to add kabin pic.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:11:37 AM by pappilon »

Link to CatChat