Author Topic: Pedigree cat papers  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Pedigree cat papers
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 22:27:44 PM »
Wow he is gorgeous and that colour is stunning  ;D ;D ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 21:37:57 PM »

He is a stunner  ;D

I cannot add anything as I know nothing about pedigree papers, as I have never had a pedigree puss, always wanted a Siamese but could never afford one. When I was 12 we went to the IOM and visited a breeder of Manx cats, they wouldn't let me take one home  ;D

Huge respect to the very knowledgeable ladies of purrs  ;D

Offline Birds_Will_Fly

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 20:11:19 PM »
He was never named by the breeder as she didn't want to get attached ( I never asked his pedigree name, I assumed he wouldn't have one with not being registered)

I personally wanted to all him Piaffe, my daughter wants to call him Prince Marshmellow and my husband would like to call him Sir Manxalot. We have had him 2 week on Saturday and still no name!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 19:24:03 PM »
Yes ask her for them it should not cost..............I got Lupins from breeder at no cost but got him from first owner who had lost them.

My first birmans came to me at 13yrs and was their third home and their pedigree really interesting cos had one of the major breeding cats in line and loads of Champs.

Found out they were related to another cat on Purrs and also to someones breeding cat in committe of Birman cat club.

Now of course we need to see pictures, whats his name.................he will also have a pedigree name  ;D

Lupins was something Lupinbud LOL

The other two had fancy names  :innocent:

Offline Birds_Will_Fly

• Kitten
Pedigree cat papers
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 19:14:39 PM »
I live in Midlands uk, he's a Cymric Manx :) lovely boy.

Could I request a copy of his pedigree lines without registering him?

like you said I am only really interested in his breeding, just something to look at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 19:10:27 PM »
You always have to neuter yourself although this one was older than normal. She should have vacinnated though and had it checked by a vet.

She should have given you a kitten pack which includes for a pedigree its line, which is the interesting part and I havent bother changing ownership on any of mine but have all the papers

Do you live on IOM cos not many Manx on mainland UK?

Offline Birds_Will_Fly

• Kitten
Pedigree cat papers
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 17:45:04 PM »
She bred them but didn't rehome them until 5 months old due to a close unexpected family death hence why she had never registered them, she didn't give me any 'pack' but gave me some change over food.

She sold the Manx to me for £200, apparently she normally sells them for £400 but given his age and the fact he isn't registered she dropped the price.

He is not yet neutered and I've had to vaccinate him myself also.

I did message TICA who did confirm she is a registered breeder, it costs about £20 to register them but they cannot get involved if she decides to charge more and I cannot register him myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 16:04:50 PM »
Different rules for GCCF and TICA - I have papers for 2 of my bengals, both Ragdolls and Star NFC the others have no papers and it makes no difference unless you are going to show or breed
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 15:46:22 PM »
As this was supposed to be a registered breeder, you should have been given a kitten pack with all relating papers the breeder is breaking the law if this was not the case.I would contact the GCCF as the breeder is subject to certain rules and could be  fined or struck off register. I  believe the GCCF if need be will just charge you £15 to sort this for you but do phone them

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 15:31:54 PM »
I agree with Kay if you aren't a breeder its just a piece of paper - my bengal was registered on the non active register when I got her and I had to pay £9 to tranfer ownership for her but I wouldn't have paid to have her registered its only me that knows what she is anyway, few people care!!  the only good thing about registration is that is stops queens being over bred in theory the governing bodies keep an eye on the number of litters

as you aren't a breeder yourself I assume the cat is neutered so I'd save the £100

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 15:24:07 PM »
I think £200 was  well under the going rate, so it's a bit unclear what she's up to

but why bother to register, if you're not going to breed - I have had 2 Russian Blues and had both castrated at the earliest opportunity, so registering them would have been a total waste of time, whatever the cost
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 14:38:27 PM »
A link you need to read

http://gccfcats.org/buying.html

If I can be of any help let me know

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 14:30:50 PM »
Ok got initials totally wrong!
GCCF

and here is link

http://gccfcats.org/

Definately worth gandering around on their site and the big cat show is coming up in Birmingham in next week or so, so if you are close worth a visit maybe and to try and talk to breeders there or maybe a reprwsentative of GCCF

Show is

http://www.supremecatshow.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=8

The site should tell you all you need to know about breeders and papers but they have contact numbers you can ring

Offline Birds_Will_Fly

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 14:29:17 PM »
She didn't register them sooner as she had a family tragedy, I did doubt she was a genuine breeder but I contacted TICA and they confirmed she was registered. She breeds Manx, I brought the cat for £200 she wanted £300 if he came with papers, I'd love the papers but £100 is a lot for some papers I'm not going to do anything with!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 14:19:19 PM »
Noooooooooooooooooo

The cat should have already been registered and papers given to you with the cat and you should not be paying registgration fee, the breeder should and as far as I know the charge is nothing like that much.

You should have had the pedigree line from the breeder with cat and also the transfer document for you to sign and return to GSFC,,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrr caNT REMEMBER THE initials.will look up for you.

There is a small fee to pay when the cats is transferred to you but am sure you are being ripped off big time.

The breeder would register all kittens from that litter together, what is breeders name and do you know if she is a bonafide breeder. What breed is cat?

Some breeders have been struck of the GSCF or ther intials for breaking the rules.

Will be back with initials and have a birman and two previously.

At registration the breeder also says whether cats are for breeding or not, hardly ever for breeding unless you are a registered breeder.

Each breed usually has a club where they can help, of they are good, to sort out this stuff but with real problems you need to contact the intials I am going to get for you.

Offline Birds_Will_Fly

• Kitten
Pedigree cat papers
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 13:48:04 PM »
I have recently purchased a 5 month old pedigree cat, it didn't come with papers but the breeder said she could register him and get the papers for me, she said there would be a £100 charge. Does this seem reasonable?

Link to CatChat