Author Topic: More of the boys  (Read 192315 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: More of the boys
« Reply #902 on: September 19, 2016, 19:16:21 PM »

Love that song Mary, thanks

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #901 on: September 19, 2016, 19:01:09 PM »
Sky had big sad eyes like that after her anaesthetic. I think she was using them as a way to get treats!

Hope he has a nice comfy night. He will be zooming round before you know it.

He has eaten a full.pkt of Felix and some dreamies and is already trying to walk. Keeps falling flat on his face though.
Zoonie gas hissed and growled at him a few times too

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #900 on: September 19, 2016, 18:41:21 PM »
Sky had big sad eyes like that after her anaesthetic. I think she was using them as a way to get treats!

Hope he has a nice comfy night. He will be zooming round before you know it.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #899 on: September 19, 2016, 18:39:27 PM »
So glad for you Andrew. He looks nice and comfy anyway.  Good luck for a safe free night :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #898 on: September 19, 2016, 18:34:39 PM »
I can just imagine that massive smile on your face Andrew, I think you are in for a night of cuddling, hope Zoonie joins in too :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Its getting bigger

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #897 on: September 19, 2016, 18:04:58 PM »
I can just imagine that massive smile on your face Andrew, I think you are in for a night of cuddling, hope Zoonie joins in too :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #896 on: September 19, 2016, 17:11:40 PM »
Welcome home Astro!  :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #895 on: September 19, 2016, 14:17:18 PM »

Going to get him now ;D ;D

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #894 on: September 19, 2016, 13:58:19 PM »
Good news. :) The recovery starts now.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #893 on: September 19, 2016, 13:15:41 PM »

Just spoken to the vet. Astro has had his surgery and is in recovery.
My Parahoolie will be home later

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #892 on: September 19, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »
Oh Lyn, I love that people thought Chivvy was limping  :hug: :Luv2:

I too hope Astro will be the same. He is such an energetic cat that I think he will be up and about in no time.  However, he is such a softie that he will be milking his dad for everything he can get :naughty: :rofl:

Mary

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2016, 16:04:17 PM »
I've just had a look at the link Mary sent. It's obviously good to be aware of potential problems - but we had absolutely none of them with Chivvy. He also broke his jaw in 2 places and was kept at the vet's for a week or so - so we didn't see the very early days of his recovery. Once he came home we really had few problems. He would fall over if he shook himself (which he would do to get rid of the drool that the broken jaw caused) but he seemed to manage everything else.

He was still climbing trees 17 years later and could leg it up stairs faster than I could, even when I was well. We had no problems with litter trays, eating or anything else.We didn't move furniture or help him onto things, it wasn't necessary. He took a while to regain weight - he really had been very poorly for a while - but seemed to know how to alter his leg position for better balance, right from the start. Astro will have slightly different tactics as it is his front leg, Chivvy's was his back leg.

Punky, his sister, did try to take over TopCat role for a while but Chivvy soon put her back in her place and things returned to normal.

People would often ask us 'Do you know that your cat's limping?' being unaware that he was a leg short  :rofl:

I do hope that Astro comes to terms with things as quickly and easily as Chivvy did  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #890 on: September 18, 2016, 16:00:46 PM »
WE ALL LOVE THE LOONIES

Mary
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 16:04:52 PM by maryas »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #889 on: September 17, 2016, 16:56:34 PM »
I can help towards taxi fare if needed

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #888 on: September 17, 2016, 13:39:00 PM »
Just had a thought ..............................

We are finally going to be able to tell who is who :hug: :Luv2:  wish it could be a better way :hug:

Lots of hugs to you all and best of luck for Monday.

Mary

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #887 on: September 17, 2016, 13:12:48 PM »
Just had a thought ..............................

We are finally going to be able to tell who is who :hug: :Luv2:  wish it could be a better way :hug:

Lots of hugs to you all and best of luck for Monday.

Mary
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:18:08 AM by maryas »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #886 on: September 17, 2016, 11:52:01 AM »
Aaw bless him, I can't wait to see him do it with 3 legs, he will be hilarious I bet, fighting for space in the hammock with Zoon :hug: :Luv2:

have you seen my PM?

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #885 on: September 17, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »
Bless our little hero :hug:  He has his paw held up but did he jump up there on his own?

Didn't realise the taxi fares were that much Andrew.

Mary

I lifted him up Mary. Taxis are ridiculous

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #884 on: September 17, 2016, 11:36:14 AM »
Bless our little hero :hug:  He has his paw held up but did he jump up there on his own?

Didn't realise the taxi fares were that much Andrew.

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #883 on: September 17, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
Have sent you a pm Andrew.

I have replied Sue

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #882 on: September 17, 2016, 10:15:40 AM »
Have sent you a pm Andrew. 

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #881 on: September 17, 2016, 07:34:45 AM »
He's still got it, Andrew.   :Luv:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #880 on: September 17, 2016, 00:03:40 AM »

Taken on the 30th August

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #879 on: September 16, 2016, 22:35:09 PM »
Oh Andrew I am so sorry :hug: :hug: We all know that cats and dogs can have a very active and long life with only 3 legs or even less for that matter but it's hard when it's your own.

I remember when I first got Bonnie and she had just had her tail amputated it was so hard to look at it and not to be able to stroke her all the way from her head to the tip of her tail. More often than not I would jump and pull my handaway from her little stump that was there. BUT she soon became my gorgeous Bonnie Bum and I would stroke her fur around where her tail was and no problem :Luv2:

The edge of it was sometimes red from her knocking it on furniture or rubbing against something but when I took her to see the vet he said it would not happen for too long and that it was ok.  He was right, about a month down the road and I never saw any redness again.

Massive kiss and cuddle to him and I know you are gonna be worried sick on Monday so no need to say do not worry but just think that it won't be long before the guys are running around after each other and Astro will be getting the better of Zoon, you just wait and see  :shocked: :hug:

What time on Monday??

This looks a good site for you to have a read of Andrew:

http://www.our-happy-cat.com/three-legged-cat.html

Mary  :hug:

I have been having a look at the link Mary. Very interesting, looks like I'm in for some fun, not   :rofl:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #878 on: September 16, 2016, 22:19:47 PM »
How much will it cost to get Astrophe to the vets and back? I'm happy to help out, so you don't have to get rid of your computer. :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #877 on: September 16, 2016, 21:34:57 PM »
Oh Andrew  :'(   :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #876 on: September 16, 2016, 15:57:59 PM »
OMG that's very generous of them, must have lots of money and a great love for cats.

I remember many moons ago when I took Smudge in for his teeth cleaning and he was in about 10.00 a.m. and I was phoning all afternoon and they finally agreed to let me pick him up about 4.00 p.m.

We all know that they have to recover from the anaesthetic and be ok for us to be able to get them back but it's such a long long wait. I think you should go out for the day and take lots of nice photos to keep you busy and take your mind off it for a bit.

Mary

As much as I would love to get Astrophe to Fitzpatrick's its a long way to go, nearly 300 miles and I couldn't leave him there.

I don't have my camera anymore Mary. I had to pawn it so I could get Astrophe to the vets and I don't think I will be able to get it back. I have to sell my laptop tomorrow so I can get Astrophe to the vet on Monday

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #875 on: September 16, 2016, 15:47:23 PM »
OMG that's very generous of them, must have lots of money and a great love for cats.

I remember many moons ago when I took Smudge in for his teeth cleaning and he was in about 10.00 a.m. and I was phoning all afternoon and they finally agreed to let me pick him up about 4.00 p.m.

We all know that they have to recover from the anaesthetic and be ok for us to be able to get them back but it's such a long long wait. I think you should go out for the day and take lots of nice photos to keep you busy and take your mind off it for a bit.

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #874 on: September 15, 2016, 18:07:50 PM »

They haven't said Mary. I should imagine it would be tea time, 5.30 if all goes well.
Someone on facebook has offered to do a go fund me to get him to the supervet. I don't think I could put him through that, weeks away from home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #873 on: September 15, 2016, 17:13:57 PM »
You might be up all night but at least you won't be worrying all day with him going in early morning. MInd you, I guess you will be phoning them every 2 minutes to see how he is doing.  Have they said an estimated time for you to pick him up?

Oh boy is he gonna be pampurred when he gets home bless him :hug: :Luv2:

Mary

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #872 on: September 15, 2016, 16:57:43 PM »

8.30am Mary. I will have a look at that site when I fire up the laptop

Thank you

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #871 on: September 15, 2016, 16:54:57 PM »
Oh Andrew I am so sorry :hug: :hug: We all know that cats and dogs can have a very active and long life with only 3 legs or even less for that matter but it's hard when it's your own.

I remember when I first got Bonnie and she had just had her tail amputated it was so hard to look at it and not to be able to stroke her all the way from her head to the tip of her tail. More often than not I would jump and pull my handaway from her little stump that was there. BUT she soon became my gorgeous Bonnie Bum and I would stroke her fur around where her tail was and no problem :Luv2:

The edge of it was sometimes red from her knocking it on furniture or rubbing against something but when I took her to see the vet he said it would not happen for too long and that it was ok.  He was right, about a month down the road and I never saw any redness again.

Massive kiss and cuddle to him and I know you are gonna be worried sick on Monday so no need to say do not worry but just think that it won't be long before the guys are running around after each other and Astro will be getting the better of Zoon, you just wait and see  :shocked: :hug:

What time on Monday??

This looks a good site for you to have a read of Andrew:

http://www.our-happy-cat.com/three-legged-cat.html

Mary  :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #870 on: September 15, 2016, 16:06:28 PM »

Astro's leg hasn't healed, todays x-ray showed that the plate had come loose and the bone had separated.
So Astrophe will become a tripod on Monday. Another one to put my camera on  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #869 on: September 10, 2016, 10:34:07 AM »
Sorry about that Andrew but at least they are happy with what they see with their eyes and feel with their hands :hug:

Another week might give time for a better x ray result hopefully, just annoying about the taxi fare but don't let that put you off them cos they've done a brill job with our little hero :Luv2:

Mary

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #868 on: September 09, 2016, 23:28:02 PM »
So annoying that they didn't make allowances for the x ray when they booked the appointment for Astro, lovely to hear that he is doing so well though. :Luv:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #867 on: September 09, 2016, 18:27:55 PM »
Hope the news is good Andrew  :hug:

Update on Astrophes vet visit
They couldn't do the xray said I shouldn't have been booked in that late for one so have to go on Thursday at 8.40. More expense, so not too happy about that
Otherwise he's doing fine and they are very pleased with him. He can have more freedom too
This doesn't mean he can be out of prison permanently but he can walk around and explore. Still no running or jumping

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #866 on: September 09, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
Hope the news is good Andrew  :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #865 on: September 09, 2016, 08:53:32 AM »
Better than an out and out battle though :hug:, good luck at the vets today, are you fit enough to take him?

Anything's better than battling cats.
Not really fit enough but he has to go so he's going. Have to get a Taxi there and back, £20 I cant afford but its for Astro
That will be £80 in taxis in 5 weeks

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #864 on: September 09, 2016, 08:40:59 AM »
Better than an out and out battle though :hug:, good luck at the vets today, are you fit enough to take him?
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #863 on: September 09, 2016, 06:26:16 AM »
There's nothing better sometimes than a bit of distraction therapy <3

So glad that they ain't still warring.  I bet you are incredibly relieved Andrew and hope you are recovering from your war wounds  :hug:

I'm still watching Zoon like a hawk. He's still not sure, he hissed at Astrophe and aimed a paw at him then ran off

Link to CatChat