Author Topic: anyone else got a "Normal Cat"?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
anyone else got a "Normal Cat"?
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 01:32:51 AM »
Lol what's a normal cat hug
It's a shame Stu Robbie hasn't relaxed to be more affectionate. He may well surprise you one day so I won't give up hope :)
Does  sound as if  he had a not nice sadly with the hooman race and has got used to being on his own. He know though that you care with food you give him or he would be off if he didn't want to stay.

I am sure you would of tried playing with him, Jackson Galaxy has a few good tips for bonding in his videos and try the challenge line vid.

it must be upsetting for you to see him sat in the rain when you know there's a warm lap and love if he would just accept it.

Hugs to ya all xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: anyone else got a "Normal Cat"?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 17:23:25 PM »
No cat is normal  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »

Aw Stuart - now isn't she a little Bobby Dazzler!   ;D  What a smile - no wonder you're kept busy.  :evillaugh:

I dont thionk I could be so brave as to get a GPS tracker for either of ours.  I can't bear to contemplate where they go that would scare the hell out of me.   I always thought where we live now was so much safer and better for our cats, but have been proven wrong too often now to foster that beilef any longer. 

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 20:36:20 PM »
 :rofl: caffiend thanks for the tip, but , erm.... Robbie doesn't clook anything in the house  :naughty:
He prefers an old wooden board outside or the fence posts, when I had Hamish and Misty however, I went through
3 living room carpet's a lobby carpet, bed settee, and 7 living room suites ( luckily, majority of the suites were either
free or very cheap, I still have Olivia's cat tree in the loft, but knowing Robbie, he won't use it  :tired: 
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 20:28:45 PM »
Yeah Dave, I think the secret is regular food  :evillaugh:

and how could I forget another reason for absence  :doh: this one can be quite time consuming too  :evillaugh:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 20:22:03 PM »
That's quite a range, but he keeps coming back, so you're obviously doing something right!

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 20:18:28 PM »
forgot to add, the red arrow in the GPS pic is our house, he travelled a fair bit away  :shocked:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 20:14:18 PM »
Thanks for all the replies folks, been busy, sorting stuff, away for 3 weeks tomorrow  :(
when does the auction end??

Funnily enough, it was people on here that started going on about Facebook, I ended up joining too
that is the main reason I hardly post now :doh: and Working away quite a lot, also the Fact it feels
like I don't have a cat LOL
I'm always lurking about in the background tho  ;)

yeah, we don't know Robbies history, but He does have a rib that sticks out quite a bit around his sternum
Vet is not sure if that was caused by a car or being kicked? either way it was left to heal itself, might be the
reason why he can be skittish  :scared:

feels like we don't have a furkid, but then thinking if he is out galavanting, he is feeling healthy and isn't
past it yet, as some have said, maybe when he get's older he will begin to like his creature comforts.
just sadden's me at time's He will come in and sit at the living room door meowing for food, won't come into
the room at all, He won't even come to you if you bend down and offer an ear scratch, tho if you catch him
sleeping and start petting him, he will usually roll over onto his back and lets me rub is belly  :wow:
I used to wonder where he went during the day, so I bought a GPS tracker, I remember laughing with the OH
that He has probably been sleeping in next door neighbours garden all day, couldn't have been farther from it
I'm sure I posted this pic on here before tho?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 20:16:20 PM by Stuart »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 15:54:12 PM »
good to see you around stuart, sorry that robbie hasn't blossomed like you hoped, I know how much you loved olivia and once you've had a cat that affectionate it is really hard, our recently departed oscar was like your robbie although he slept indoors didn't really want much to do with us!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 13:16:54 PM »
Hi Mary, did you get the bracelet, I can't remember?

Of course I did, you gave up in the end  :evillaugh:

Mary
Oh good, I feel a little less guilty about going AWOL"  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 13:00:38 PM »
[/color]

Of course I did, you gave up in the end  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
I have taken pics of my items in readiness!

"Normal" cat?  No such thing.

We have what I believe to be a stray visiting us daily, sounds a bit like Robbie, lives outside, sometimes will let me stroke him, even let me pick him up last week and was all tippy upside down and cute......but now treats me as though I am the very devil and I can't imagine what I have done that has made him change his attitude. Doesn't stop him coming round for his chicken wing every day though, but he grabs it and runs off instead of having a stroke and eating it in front of me.

Cats are just plain weird. Although the constant fireworks over the weekend haven't helped. I HATE those things  >:(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 07:32:36 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   Hope everyone is flexing those posting fingers, ready for the Auction.   ;)

Normal cat, eh?   Not sure there is such a thing.   ;)  Tinks will always absent himself if we have company, and he's not really a cuddly cat (although he enjoys his night-time snuggles on the bed with us - he stretches out over my legs.  We're not allowed to talk about it though.  :evillaugh:)

Moray enjoys a snuggle, but during the day he's very much Daddy P's little lad, and any cuddles going, are generally in his direction.  Again, I have to wait until daybreak for mine, when I get a little snoozle sometimes.   :Luv:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 00:22:56 AM »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 21:53:58 PM »
O.M.G Dave, were you abducted by Aliens?

I remember when I joined in October 2007 I was just in time for the Auction and you was the 1st person I had to fight with to win a bracelet ;) :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 15:46:37 PM »
Not meaning to sound at all sexist or condescending here, but three (3!) blokes posting on one thread? Surely this is a momentous day for Purrs?

Well done Robbie  ;)

:grouphug:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 15:13:52 PM »
I don't understand the title of this thread. What is a normal cat?  :naughty:
Robbie reminds me a little of Bramble. She's always preferred other cats to people, even me. After 6 years of ignoring or running away from me, she started coming to me for attention, but only when I'm about to leave the room. At all other times she still runs away when I approach.
My newest addition to the family is the complete opposite. If she sees me about to sit down, she's on my lap before I make contact with the chair!

Offline caffiend

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Molly, Bugsy, Colin, Christine; Bridge kits - Ollie, Lucy, Snowy, Rug, Jenny
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »
I bought this for my two:

It's got curled-up-cat shape and size cushions top and bottom. It's covered with sisal, and is over 3 ft tall, so even my big Bugsy can s-t-r-e-t-c-h out fully and have a good old scratch. It's got hidey-holes. It's got things to bat about and play with. They still prefer the ancient tall skinny post which I'm going to have to throw out soon as the sisal is practically knackered. Or the sofa. Or my canvas-covered wardrobe. Or the stair carpet. Or - well, you get the picture.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Lovely to see a pic of the handsome Robbie  :Luv2: He is so lucky to have an understanding family, who love him for who he is and allow him to live his life his way, even if they would prefer him to be a more integrated member of the family.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 08:07:21 AM »
Stuart he is looking so goodand obviously knows where home is sometimes they know where home is but its on their terms and we are just there to feed and give them treats

Hell our feral Kegan has moved in to next dors stable but comes for food, I just let him be he's warm and safe but prefers our food and haven't been near him in a year

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 07:52:54 AM »
Stuart

All the stripeys I've ever had the privilege of sharing my home with have been oddballs, I see stretchy Robbie also has a dollop of ginger in his gene pool which would, in my experience, add to his Man About Town status.  :innocent:

Sorry mate, he picked you for your good nature, and your lovely home Hotel for its convenience and service.  :evillaugh:

A thought occurs though, as the love of wildlife is a trigger for him, would he respond to Da Bird and grow to love you through the medium of attack?  ;)

Love to the family.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 01:28:29 AM »

My two monsters are house cats/kittens they are two 9 and a bit month old rescue kittens, brothers, that I have had just over 6 months now.
Up to now they haven't turned down any food, they use most of their beds at varying times of the day. During the summer they spent most of their time on the window ledge behind the curtains so I didn't see them for hours. When they did come out it was chaos, hoolicats the pair of them  ;D broken plates, glasses and a new blind required not to mention the hall carpet  ;D

Robbie is a handsome boy so I am sure he has a lot of admirers  ;D

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 23:34:17 PM »
He is handsome though. Shame he's not more friendly, but I imagine he lost his faith in humans before you met him. It's frustrating when they are so independent. One thing I've noticed is cats do get friendlier as they get older so hopefully it will happen with Robbie.

How about a trip to the rescue to pick up a lovely cuddly friendly girl cat, I'm sure Robbie wouldn't mind :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 22:41:00 PM »
Aaw Stuart, not heard from you for a while and now we do it's about Robbie still not being a proper member of the family  :(

I think after 3 years he's just gonna continue wanting his Dreamies and not you  :evillaugh:  Sorry  :hug:  It's pretty sad really cos we all know the love you gave to your Bridge cats and he is missing out.

Bonnie won't eat the normal Felix BUT he will eat Felix as good as it looks.

He looks gorgeous in that pic  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 21:54:45 PM »
My Teddy spends 95% of his time outside (largely because he likes to mark his territory - a lot).He will come to me and will come for snuggles as long as I don't try to snuggle him!!!!! He's been with me 7 years and he's pretty much always been the same! He sees my brother regularly but won't go near him , runs away if my brother opens the door to let Teddy in/out. They're a weird bunch cats    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
anyone else got a "Normal Cat"?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 21:20:21 PM »
OK Gill and Rosella have already mentioned stuff on another topic, but not wanting to hijack that post totally
I have decided to start a new one, sooooooooooooooo question for yez.
Is your Pud a petted lump or Do they treat you like a total stranger?

Robbie was a stray that Started hanging about December time, we ended up adopting him ( that was nearly 3 years ago )

I thought over time he would eventually gain Trust with us and turn into a mollycoddled fur kid.............. nope, that
has never happened :(

In the summertime Robbie is very rarely seen, in fact, he is very rarely ever seen full stop.... unless he is hungry
even now, he is under a bush in the garden, it's cold and it's raining  :shocked: he maybe comes into the living room once
a month if we're lucky, but then again, thats only coz there's probably no food in his dish.
Food wise he is a fussy so n so, for the last four months we have settled for Felix fish flavour foods, but then even some
of those he won't touch, tried him with treats such as Tuna, chicken etc, nope, won't look at them. although he does like
his dreamies, and anything with feathers and a pulse  :(

On the rare occasions he does sleep inside, gave up buying beds for him coz he won't use em, favorite places atm is
usually right over the kitchen threshold or the landing at the top of the stairs ( both are not good places to be if one
neglects to turn on the lights :doh: ) he has full run of the house.

I know we don't know his history of his previous life, and I'm pretty confident he won't go to strangers outside, I mean
he won't come to me outside, he will run away most times  :tired:

does any of this sound similar to anyone??

here he is one morning in the summer, catching the early morning rays
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 21:21:59 PM by Stuart »

Link to CatChat