Author Topic: Bengal Cat gone mad?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline faerienuff

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Kendal Gatsby Harvey & Leon
Re: Bengal Cat gone mad?
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 16:52:05 PM »
Hi Furrypal

I have an 8 year old bengal and she always has liked t shout and make her presence known!! this would in particular be after we fed her...

This year we bought her an exercise wheel and she loves it. When she would normally shout she jumps in the wheel and runs instead.

She is also very skinny and never puts weight but I think this is because bengals are so active!!   :)

Senga

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
Any news on how Toffee got on at the vets?

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Toffee
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 18:25:46 PM »
Nothings changed in her routine. She has her blanket if it's not on her chair she wont shut up until its there. But mainly she constants to go outside etc and meows non stop.
she's not deaf as she reacts to sound her ears move and she listens -

She is wormed regularly but she eats none stop..shes constantly eating but she never puts weight on, shes not a walking skeleton but when I stroke her shes not got much meat on her so I think taking her for a check is a good idea definitely.

We noticed a slight difference in her behaviour after our maine coon Ziggster passed away a couple years ago. We had Toffee as an older Kitten and then had Ziggy after as a little kitten so toffee never took to him she hid upstairs etc until she was older they started ignoring each other (neither of them would of been bothered if the other wasnt there).
When Ziggy passed Toffee knew he'd gone bt never showed any bother, I do wonder whether she still has something to do with that? Why shes calling out around the house im unsure as hes been gome a few years now :-/

I thought mayve it was stress because our neighbours had a new Cat they used to fight all the time but now they dont bothwr with each other.infact toffee meows at her as she walks by and thats it, she even allows her to come in our house..

its mainly why does she keep demanding to go outside at 2am...its cold dark and tiring to wait for her.. she doesn't come in untilhours later sometimes. She never used to be like this bad.

The vets probably best shes due a check for sure. I'll keep posted on my little noisy tiger :-)
Toffee my Bengal

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 14:06:52 PM »
mine is 9, she gets like this when her routine is broken, has anything changed?  Mine won't even lie down if her cushion is being washed!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 13:54:15 PM »
8 is very young still and shouldnt be dementia but sounds like it! I had a cat with dementia but she was 19/20 aqnd it drives one right up the wall but I loved her so much.

Deafness could be the reason but also other things and definately think she needs checking by a vet

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 23:02:14 PM »
My parents cat became very vocal as she got older because she was going deaf. Although 8 isn't very old could be worth checking.

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 18:32:22 PM »
Thankyou Liz,

Will have a look into that, might be worth getting her checked as you say.
She just never shuts up other than when shes asleep. Shes always been noisy but we have definately noticed a big change in her the past few months especially.

Thanks again
Dawn
Toffee my Bengal

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 18:25:55 PM »
As the Mum to 5 bengals - Bibi, Pyper, Quaver, Minstrel and Larsson I knownhow they talk chuck in some talking Ragdolls, ferals and domestics and 3 Border Collies we never have a quiet moment!

I would get a full blood panel done as howling can be associated with Hyperthyroidism - I have 2 of those one domestic and one feral, also have a 20 yo with dementia and she howls alot but blood show very hale and hearty
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline furrypal

• Kitten
Bengal Cat gone mad?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 18:18:16 PM »
I have an 8 year female Bengal Cat called Toffee..
She has been meowing none stop for a year or so now, but just lately (the past couple months) she has been meowing constantly even when she goes outside, she sits meowing at nothing. She even meows whilst she eats  :shy:

Our back door is always open when i am in as we dont have a cat flap. Toffee comes in and out as she wishes.
She sleeps most the day and starts meowing constantly at night around 8-9pm to go outside. (She doesnt use the litter tray even though we have 2 in the house), so we let her out and stay up until she comes back in around 11-midnight!
She settles down and in early hours 2am for instance she wakes us up with her meowing. If we dont get up and let her out she will urinate somewhere around the house..  :'( I stay up and wait for her to come back which can be as early as 6am!...

Toffee is a very vocal Cat, always has been however, just lately she has been extremely demanding and loud waking us up to go out in a morning etc.

We are wondering if she is going senile/has dementure. We know shes getting on now so wondered if it was due to this? She just sleeps and meows, she meows outside in the garden and she meows while she wonders about. Sometimes she walks around the house meowing at the top of her voice for no reason, other times she sits and meows also. I am unsure why she has started this so badly.

Weve had many feliways etc and nothing calms or helps her, she is just so demanding just lately.

Thanks
Dawn :hug:
Toffee my Bengal

Link to CatChat