Author Topic: Choosing Cat Food  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Choosing Cat Food
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 20:23:01 PM »
Well I've gone and ordered some of that stuff Sam as am impressed with high meat content and Noni has started leaving some of her food  :shocked: :shocked: since her 6 extractions although she polishes off Sheba OK.  I'll report back on how it's been received. 

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: GBB

Mary is absolutely right about worrying about their diet for the rest of their lives.  Cats eh?  Who'd 'ave 'em?  :innocent:

Glad to be of service hun.   Hope her ladyship likes it  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline R and R

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 23:19:29 PM »
my cats will not eat the same food over and over again... however they will eat 5 different types in rotation... so my advice would be get a few different brands, find the ones they like and rotate them... by the way miamor pouches frm zooplus seem tasty for cats

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 21:10:12 PM »
Well I've gone and ordered some of that stuff Sam as am impressed with high meat content and Noni has started leaving some of her food  :shocked: :shocked: since her 6 extractions although she polishes off Sheba OK.  I'll report back on how it's been received. 

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: GBB

Mary is absolutely right about worrying about their diet for the rest of their lives.  Cats eh?  Who'd 'ave 'em?  :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 20:37:01 PM »
I have recently discovered this on Zooplus and my fussy eaters absolutely love it:  http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/feringa_wet_cat_food/saver_packs/450989

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/esearch.htm#q=feringa

Made with 95% human grade meat it is pretty good stuff.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 13:33:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.

You do know you will be asking this question for the whole of your cat's life  :naughty: :hug:

Just when you think you are feeding them something they like and you fill the cupboard with that make........................... they go off it  :evillaugh:

My first cat lived to be 26 years old and she only ate pilchards in tomato sauce.

Bonnie is 17 in December and she likes Gourmet Perle, Sheba or Felix as good as it looks. Human ham, chicken, yoghurt etc.

DON'T FORGET DREAMIES  :Luv2: :hug:

Good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline guybeachboy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Harry, Toby and Big Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 15:10:37 PM »
Hi, thank you very much for your comments which I will give a go  :thanks:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 14:09:44 PM »
Hi try thrive :) best wet food in my opinion. real meat , lots of moisture, incls much needed taurine 😃

Also grain free

The wet food that applaws do is only complentory so not a main food , the others have grains in which cats can't digest and can cause tummy upsets and bloatyness.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 14:36:25 PM by Tan »

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
I agree, a lot of cats wont eat certain brands, and it's about finding out what they will eat.  As Dawn says do the introduction over a week, just adding a few bits more every day and reducing the other one at the same time.   My little Cairn cross turned his nose up at just about everything but settled on Wag which he tolerates. 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:32:10 AM »
whenever you are changing food it should be done slowly so the stomachs ajust - that said mine eat felix because that is all they will eat!   

Offline guybeachboy

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Harry, Toby and Big Cat
Choosing Cat Food
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »
Hello Everyone,
I am having problem with choosing the best cat food. I currently buy a lot of M & S pouches but my cats only eat the jelly, so half is wasted. If I go for the higher quality, Applaws, Bozita, Sheba etc. my cats suffer form diarrhea. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. With thanks!

Link to CatChat