Author Topic: Cat accident  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Cat accident
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »

Christine, how's he doing now?  Has his behaviour settled down any?

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Snuggles
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 22:43:07 PM »
Thanks Gill

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2014, 21:36:26 PM »
I hope you are right but if this has not stopped tomorrow, speak to your vet and get his thoughts and advice  :hug: :hug:

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2014, 20:33:41 PM »
Hello everyone

Hope you're all well. Snuggles finally got his wire out yesterday and seemed really pleased. Am a bit concerned about his behavior since though, he's slept most of the time and then when he is awake he is itching like his is covered in fleas!! He's acting really hypo. Has anyone else's cat behaved like this after a vet visit. We're thinking it might be cause he hasn't been been able to lick himself properly since having the wire in. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 07:05:10 AM »
Really good to hear he's doing so well Christine.  Hope the fireworks didnt go on too long.  We had Tinks wailing the house down because he wanted to go out (he hates being confined).  He was only confined to barracks for around 3 hours, but Oh My Word - what a racket!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 21:06:07 PM »
Yes they both came in just after.  ;D

We dont have much going on round here but the air is thick with cordite.

Pleased yours is snuggled up with you  ;D

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 19:12:29 PM »

Am sure they'll be back soon if it's mad like by my house. Snuggs is on the couch with me now as the noise is frightening him.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 18:54:32 PM »
Thats great news  ;D ;D

I had for gotten its 5 Nov grrrrrrrrrrrrrr and Sasa and Misa are out, try and keep him in tonight if there are fireworks.

Hope he continues to do well and your other issues get resolved

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 18:51:14 PM »
Hi Gill

He's doing really well. He's going out now but only at night,  he doesn't even go in the back garden in the day. Sorry I haven't been on for a while but having some family issues.  Hope your all well.
Thanks for asking x x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 15:59:41 PM »
How is Snuggs doing?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 06:54:59 AM »

Christine, if he's not eating or drinking much, there may be little for him to get rid of, but I would maybe keep a note of when he uses the tray or eats and drinks, so you can confer with your vet when you return for his check up  :hug:

Good idea to wait a while before getting Snuggs a companion.  he's been through a lot of trauma, and ny change to his current routine may be very unsettling for him.

Sending lots of love and snoozles to Snuggs.    :hug: :hug:

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 21:45:22 PM »
Thanks slugsta
He has good days and bad days. Yesterday he was great, making his own way upstairs and sitting on my knee but today he is being really moody and on edge. He hasn't used his litter tray again all day either.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 21:20:51 PM »
I'm glad that your chap is doing well.

It is more than 20 years since my lovely Chivvy was run over (we assume, no-one admits to having seen anything). He fractured his jaw and seperated the mandibular synthesis. He also de-gloved a back leg which had to be amputated. He did really well and lived for another 16+ years. I hope you will have a similar story to tell  :hug:

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 13:34:43 PM »
Arr they're beautiful. Am hoping for another addition to the family. Will wait till snuggles is a lot stronger.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 23:57:26 PM »
If you want to see more of my kids just look for the Clan cats in the search and it will bring up the past ones and the current ones

My anniversary present from my OH are below the are Egyptiam Mau's the silver is Hudson to finish off the trio of black kittens from Hurricane Bertha Watson, Sherlock and Miss Moriarty who are 16 weeks old approx and the smoke is Master Onyx who is the smallest
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 20:42:50 PM »
Arr Liz!! you have been through it with your babies!!  :wow: you have been amazing in what you do. I've only ever had two cats. One has passed away, she was called Tabby. She was beautiful. She went out one day and never came back, I was heartbroken.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 15:13:01 PM »
Having been through more cat scenario's than the average household with our numbers we have been there done that and got the teeshirt

I have 2 of the three legged variety, one with hald a tail thanks to a snare, lot a tail in a car accident, rebuilt a shattered pelvis and back leg - most expensive cat to date our darling Puma, had various eye issues including removal and 6 drops on a 4 hour rotation, have done hand rearing and foster for several rescues

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
 :thanks: everyone for your help and support,  it's been lovely to have someone to share my problems with.
He's pooped in other corners of the room Julie, so your probably right.

It's good to know about your neighbours cat Sue, makes me feel better knowing he will be able to go back out in that big bad world.
Am off to the pet shop in a bit to get him a coat. Thanks liz, nice to know your there for me.
 :hug: to you all

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
Arr that is soo cute.  I think I will be getting one. He's finally used his litter tray :wow: He used it for a wee but did a poop in the corner of the living room. So happy he has done his business and won't be in pain with holding it in.
 :thanks:

Some cats don't like using the same litter tray for wee and for poo. Where he pooped in the corner you could try another litter tray there as well as keeping the one he has already used.
Julie.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 10:47:47 AM »

Christine, am so sorry - I didnt realise Snuggs had had an accident when I saw your other post, and was asking about pictures.  Poor little guy.   :hug: :hug:

Am very pleased to hear that he's at least eliminating on his own, and hope that he will begin to use the tray regularly.  I agree, I wouldnt let him out alone for a while, as he'll still be feeling traumatised after the accident.  Our neighbour's cat was hit by a car last month, and his tail and pelvis were fractured.

His bladder was affected in the accident too.  Thankfully, he's now making a very good recovery - much better than any of us expected he would but he's still quite timid when he's out and about, and he's nervous of traffic.  The walking jacket Gill got for Lupin works well, and of course you can see he looks very splendid wearing it.  Am hoping Snuggs will take to one too.

Sending big hugs for you both - gentle ones for Snuggs of course.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
We use compost with ferals when they first come in and it works also used it for a couple when on cage rest after accidents and it worked it just becomes a case of mixing the normal litter in as you go so to speal

Also we removed the covers of the litter trays and had lower ones as both of ours with major leg rebuilds and a tail amputation couldn't get in the higher sided ones

Depending on the size of your baby a small dog body harness works as well

Having been through most things with the Clan cats feel free to pm me off line for a chat so to speak as I have a larger than average family of cats

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:33 AM »
Arr that is soo cute.  I think I will be getting one. He's finally used his litter tray :wow: He used it for a wee but did a poop in the corner of the living room. So happy he has done his business and won't be in pain with holding it in.
 :thanks:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 00:48:33 AM »
Lupin has a walking jacket that was made for him and it fastens with velcro and I boiught an eztensable lead for it. They make them to measure.

There is a long strap that goes round neck and another round tummy so his front and tummy still gets air and he doesnt get too hot.

If you want to know the company I will add later

http://www.mynwoodcatjackets.co.uk/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 00:53:51 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 22:40:24 PM »
Thanks Kay.
I was thinking about putting soil or compost in his litter tray but getting him a secure wrap sounds brilliant, as I would love to take him for walks  :Luv
I'll let you know how I get on

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 22:31:32 PM »
can you get him a secure wrap   round harness and lead tomorrow, so you can let him wander a bit without being able to escape?

you could also try filling a litter tray with soil/compost instead of cat litter in case he prefers that

I certainly wouldn't let him roam free, as the accident will have upset him and he could well run off to hide somewhere
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Snuggs10

• Kitten
Cat accident
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 21:09:04 PM »
Hi
Am sorry if this post has already been done but I need help ASAP. My cat got knocked down last Friday and broke his jaw. He had an operation and we get home in back on the Monday. We got him a litter tray as the vet said he will have to stay in for a month, but he didn't use it so we took him back the vet. On the way to the vets, he weed in the carry box. The vet said that he can be allowed out if he doesn't use the litter tray but when I did, he tried to escape. I manage to grab him and bring him back in. This is really out of character for my cat as he is a Maine coon and never ventors out far. He used the litter tray yesterday but hasn't used it since and am getting really worried now as he is crying to out and am scared incase he runs away.
Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks
Christine x

Link to CatChat