Author Topic: Trying to help someone on istagram cat fell from 11 storey balcony  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Trying to help someone on istagram cat fell from 11 storey balcony
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 14:37:06 PM »
Not being funny but get the cat to a vet and get it seen to rather than post rubbish if its in pain its needs seen and as she has no payment method beggars can't be choosers and signing over to another charity if not happy with the current option would mean the cat would be seen and given pain medication and if not eating after 3 days it will probably be dehydrated as well putting pressure on whole body especially Liver and Kidneys

Not trying to teach you anything Gill but why should the cat suffer because someone can't afford it but can post on line about it makes me sad for the cat
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 14:36:01 PM »
Gill,  Mayhew has a clinic and if one is on benefit and in the area they would treat the animal. What is her post code?
Ask her to give them a call, they have very good vets. The number is 0208 9690178 and they will direct her to clinic.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 14:26:25 PM »
I know they are a charity.  They like other vets are not always good

She is not being picky about vets. I am just trying to see if there is somewhere better than the bad treatment a so called vets is giving now.

Stop trying teach me how to suck eggs

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:17 AM »
PDSA are good and are a charity as she has no other methods of payment and is being picky about the vets perhaps signing over to another charity like CO or Celia Hammond would get the cat treated instead of procrastination and an injured leg can go gangrenous in under 5 days having been through it with a trapped feral who now has no front leg in Mis Maddison who we adopted

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 22:54:01 PM »
Those are all PDSA and not always too good but will put those to her too thanks

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 22:48:49 PM »
Thank you very much.

I will get this link to her and it would be wonderful if she lived in this part of London becayse she is going to have to take Sabrina back on Monday because they wouldnt give her any pain meds, said she didnt need it but she is still in great pain.

This all makes me so sick cos you know how cats hide pain. The owner is doing all she can but getting no support at all from Blue Cross.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 22:46:38 PM »

PDSA havefantastic surgeries all over London. Just needs to take proof of housing benefit and or council tax benefit.If she doesnt have these the PDSA will give the cat emergency treatment and she can go to her council and ask them for a letter regarding benefits.

PDSA do not charge but do ask for a donation. give what you can beit a fiver or anything.

she can find her nearest here

http://www.pdsa.org.uk/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 22:49:04 PM by hollycat »

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 22:16:40 PM »
Could they take it to one of the Celia Hammond vets in London http://www.celiahammond.org/veterinary-clinics/clinics/

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 00:16:34 AM »
No payment plan available as no money to pay for it.

The first time the cat was allowed home it had been given no pain relief at all, said they couldnt cos cat not eating. When cat was taken back they said it wasnt eating because it was in too much pain!

They left the tube into foot by mistake.

The standard of care has been apalling by Blue Cross and they dont seem to care.

The leg is definately still damaged as not enough time to heal yet but to suggest amputation on day one is crazy

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 20:27:18 PM »
Payment plan with a vet and the tube near the stomach would be a catheter if the cat couldn't wee for the suspected injuries and the one left in the paw would have been bandaged and would have been left in in case thecat needed to be put on a drip again, the drip contains alol required nutrients as it sounds like the cat was obviously traumatised and couldn't eat but need fluids etc to rehydrate

Also just because they can walk on a damamged leg does not mean the leg is ok, cat would have had Metacam bu injectio to lessen pain and trauma and have been given some when let home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Trying to help someone on istagram cat fell from 11 storey balcony
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 19:35:25 PM »
The cat survived and think injuries remarkably light but care from Blue cross terrible.

Punctured lung and nerve damage to one leg as far as I know.

Blue Cross eventually hospitalized her because she was in too much pain to eat and she was on a drip. couldnt find out exactly what was haooening cos seemed she had a tube out of stonack and also one in foot.

was put in a small plastic tray with thin blanket but when taken home a couple of days ago was very smelly had not been kept clean.

the owner insisted on taking her home and then had to try to clean up her caked up body but a tube had been left ib foot. now has been removed but wondering if there is an infection or even gangreen which could be causing small.

cat starving hungry when taken home and blue cross not fed her!

They wanted to pts cat abd failng that ampute leg but ownwer refused both and cat trying to walk on leg. Apparently the hospital does not have equipment to view lung binjury so meds have been given to reduce water in lung,

Owner on benefits as far as can tell but lives in London. RSPCA no goood as not trusted cos the wanted to PTS other cat cos he hissed at them.

I would love to know if any one has advice I can give to this girl, she lives in London but dont know where.

I possible have other info but ask questions if you have any.

The cat has survived all the terrible treatment and the fall it would be tragic  if it died now due to lack od proper medical care

Link to CatChat