Author Topic: liquorice been given three months to live  (Read 1819 times)

Offline caffiend

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Molly, Bugsy, Colin, Christine; Bridge kits - Ollie, Lucy, Snowy, Rug, Jenny
Re: liquorice been given three months to live
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2014, 15:38:36 PM »
My dearest Jenny lived until she was at least 20, but was one of those cats that got old quickly and stayed there - she had an operation for skin cancer at the age of about 10, and really slowed down after that. Really, I had been expecting that the time could come at any time for the 2-3 years before I actually lost her. She became a little arthritic, otherwise in good health until her last year, when she did get really frail, and had to have regular warm baths as she couldn't wash so well - she ate well right up to the last day or so and never had a single 'accident', even though she was getting a bit senile. I kept reminding myself that she didn't know - cats don't have the fear for the future that we have for them.

Try to enjoy the time you have left without anxiety - as Licky isn't anxious and will be happy as long as he's feeling well and as he continues to be so much loved.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 11:15:59 AM »
Enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures thats what I do and then a little Clan magic in our case and all mine given the sentence by the vet have carried on passed their given vet date and enjoyed life a little longer so don't dwell on the 3 months love them for who they are and let them carry on doing what they do

For example Miss Millie diabetic was given that 3 month sentence and thats why we agreed to take her on but she proved everyone wrong and added another 2 wonderful years to her sentence much to everones surprise including ours but what a wonderful extra 2 years we had and I miss her desperately as its the first time in 8 yeas I am not doing daily injections but my 2 Hyper T's and Kali kittenn on her tablets keep me occupied
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 08:59:55 AM »
Enjoy every precious moment

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 20:20:09 PM »
Enjoy the time together   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bruno
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 20:41:10 PM »
It is so hard when you know there is only a short while left with a beloved friend.   The time left for you both is so precious, and I am sure that you will cherish the memories of the cuddles and companionship you share for this period of Licky's life.  My heart goes out to you both.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 08:20:49 AM »
Sad news about Licky  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2014, 00:06:59 AM »
Just enjoy every last precious moment with him  :hug:

It's never easy but at least you know we all know how you feel and are genuinely sorry.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 23:07:25 PM »
Very sad for you Stezzle. My heart is heavy to note that my bestest boy Beau is very likely to be travelling to the Bridge with Licky. He is the exact same age with HT but has little time left on this side of the Bridge.

Enjoy what time you have, Beau has deteriorated faster than we thought he would.

:hug: :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 20:55:04 PM »

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 15:41:05 PM »
Stezzle and Licky  :hug:  :hug: You are in my thoughts.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 13:24:34 PM »
So sorry to hear this but every day is extra special now so take each and every day and give him all the special love and care that you can  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 13:02:04 PM »

Aw Stezztle.  Am so sorry.  Know all too well how that feels.  Sending a gentle hug for you, and loving thoughts for Liquorice.  Enjoy the time that is left to you, and squeeze every moment from it.  Stock up on your photographs, and treasure the memories you'll create for the times ahead.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that, we are in a similar boat but for different reasons, just keep spoiling him, I'm sure you are anyway  :hug:

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
liquorice been given three months to live
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
As many on here know, my beloved Liquorice (Licky) is 16.5yrs old and has thyroid problem since he was 14yrs old. It is with sad thoughts that l have to tell you that Licky has been given a rough 3 months. This is due to simply old age. He has a funny snort but his breathing is deeper than normal. Anyways, i wanted to thank anyone for all the advice in the past. He has and is my little man and i plan to give him the best few months. He has been so brave and a little fighter. I couldnt be more proud of him. Therefore if i am not online for a while then its because i am cuddling my boy. Xxxx

Link to CatChat