Author Topic: The Tale of Dark Stanley  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: The Tale of Dark Stanley
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 06:47:35 AM »

Well, I think the fact he's named "Dark Stanley" tells you that nothing may be quite as it seems with this little chap, but I'm glad he's on the mend again, and very glad he'll be staying with you.   Maybe he'll never be a bruiser, but there's no doubting he's beautiful.    :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 22:59:00 PM »
Glad to hear he's got a good home with you  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 21:01:42 PM »
Sorry to hear DS is a bit under the weather, but great news that it looks like he is staying with you  :)

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 20:51:16 PM »
Well I think Stan's gonna be a little titch compared to the rest of my lot.  Who knew i'd get a little tyke with the 3 1/2 hogs, lol :rofl:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 20:28:17 PM »

Astrophe was 2.5kg at 3 months and Zoonie was 3.1kg. At last weigh in 3 weeks ago, aged 8 months Astrophewas 4.4kg and Zoonie was 4.7.  ;D  and still growing

Monsters the pair of em  ;D ;D

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 20:17:54 PM »
What a lovely kitten.  :hug:   :hug:  :Luv2:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 20:06:11 PM »
Hi all,

looks like DS is here to stay, he was a bit under the weather the other day so took him to the vets, was just a small temp.  Asked the vet to check if his wotsits had arrived and they have, but to wait a couple of months as DS is tiny. 

He only weighs 2kg and vet says DS is starting to loose hs baby teeth.  That would mean DS's around 5 months old?  Is 2kg about right for a 5 month old kitten?  DS only looks about 3 months old, you know the pudgy, not grown into my legs yet stage.  Anybody any ideas?   :thanks:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 17:59:59 PM »
Sending thoughts that DS stays put with his paws most definitely under the counter.  He is gorgeous.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 14:01:13 PM »
Agree with Mary  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 21:31:10 PM »
Doesn't the good home your hubby says you have to find is right under his nose? ;)

Stanley is adorable.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 20:08:21 PM »
What a handsome chap he is  :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:31:38 AM »
Oh my, if he landed on my doorstep he wouldn't be going anywhere  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  Hope the dark one weaves his black magic on your OH and is allowed to stay  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 06:54:04 AM »
 :) :)  Bit of a mystery then about his beginnings.  Wonder if he escaped through an open door, or if someone ill advisedly let him out?  Doesnt sound like he's been living feral.  Anyway, very pleased that he's landed on his paws.   :) :hug:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 17:59:37 PM »
He's also a little lovebug and loves bellyrubs :Luv2:

Somebody must have looked after him and interacted with him as he was spotless when he came to me, no fleas or dirt of any kind.  Also not happy unless he has company either feline or human, DS doesn't mind.

Just cooked some out of date burgers (26th) my neighbour was going to throw out!!!  The boys are very happy atm, lol.

Also hilarious watching DS copying the big boys.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 17:41:04 PM »
Can't get rid if him. Got to keep him   ;D He's gorgeous

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 16:39:21 PM »

Oh He's just adorable.   :Luv:  And I also love the name.  :)  You gots ter keep him.   :-:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 16:31:28 PM »
He's stunning, what a lucky boy, that's quite a story for such a youngster. Love the name.  :Luv2:

Offline lillylau

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 15:58:31 PM »
awww he is lovely, just like my baggy when he was a kitten, I also would keep quite and let Dark Stanley work his magic with your other half,

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
The Tale of Dark Stanley
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 14:45:43 PM »
Ok so here's his story so far.......

Last Sunday we went out for sunday lunch as it was o/h birthday, yum, lol.  A couple of hours after we got home a neighbour knocked on the door and said you missed it all!  Turns out she'd heard something crying in her conifer tree sat night and again sun morning so she rang fire brigade for some advice. 

Next news fire brigade turns up and remove what turns out to be dark stanley, a roughly 10 week old kitten, stuck right up her conifer.  So she takes him in and feeds him and sees a collar and a note attached which says "If this is your cat can you put a collar and name tag on as he keeps coming into my garden and crying" with the ladys number attached.  Neighbour rings the number and the lady lives some way from us and has been feeding the kitten for a few days, she can't take it in as she has 2 dogs.

So anyway neighbours hubby wants it out of the house asap so it's ended up lodging at mine.  He got his name as neighbours hubby just lost his grandad recently and he liked climbing - Stanley, and he's black so Dark Stanley it is.

I finally found out how he made it from the lady who was feeding him to me - someone I know was having a drink around that area and walking home was followed by the kitten who was crying.  On picking him up she saw the note and thought it said "if found please give to good home" I assume the beer goggles were being worn at the time, lol.  So she thought it would be a good idea to knock on my door at 3.30am and after getting no reply promptly posted DS over my fence who then proceeded to get stuck up my neighbours conifer tree.  She really did mean well as she's a nice person and DS finally made it to me eventually so all is good.

Upshot is I've advertised him under found in the local paper - had 3 people call but not theirs, hubby says I have to get him a good home.  I probably will (very slowly of course).  In the meantime DS has teamed up with Monty, they eat, sleep and play together and hubby has bought toys for him so I hope o/h is softening towards DS, one can only hope.  DS does help his self though makes a beeline for hubby and purrs like a motor bike so you never know, I just have to keep quiet......... :sneaky:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
The Tale of Dark Stanley
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »
Hello all,

had my hands full with my new lad who i've now called Monty.  He's had the snip n chip and all shots so  thought that would be the end of it but no I was wrong, last Sunday Dark Stanley arrived, my latest lodger who I have to get a new home for hubby says (ahem) here are pics .....

Link to CatChat