Author Topic: Info please  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Info please
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 22:52:10 PM »
Dry food contains a lot of carbs and grains which sadly a cat's stomach isn't made to do digest and can cause lots of tummy probs. the vets do tend to then say well she has to go on a sensitive diet then and recommend another dry food with still loads of grains!

Wet Food defiantly better than dry or a mix of both mainly wet. Grain free is better :)

Have a read in our feline nutrition section bet there are some surprises there :)

Give her a cuddle from me
X

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Re: Info please
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 14:14:41 PM »
Hmm could you do half and half for a bit? So mix the dry kibbles in with the wet food and gradually decrease the dry food? Did you buy it to switch to eventually? cats can be so fussy can't they! Millie only eats meaty things. She doesn't do fish at all  :shocked:
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Info please
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:35:24 AM »
Oh dear. It would be so much better if she would eat only wet, maybe after she has had the new dry for a while she will accept being fed more wet. This does not help you in the short term though. Maybe you could put additional water bowls down to encourage her to drink more or try sprinkling a little of the dry on the wet to encourage her to eat it. One of mine is a dry food cat and whilst it does suit his sensitive tummy it does concern me.

Offline Peardrop

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Coco now but was Pings slave as well until he went to Rainbow Bridge.
Info please
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:08:30 AM »
My Siamese Coco is a compulsive groomer (I have been to the vet with her many times over the years) the last visit I was told she was overweight and to give her liquid paraffin to help the fur go down and some medicine to help sooth her stomach. I decided to stop giving her Hills i/d as she seemed to vomit after eating it (the roughness on her stomach lining?). I have been giving her soft food three times a day once with 2mls of liquid paraffin.

The other day I bought a small bag of Royal Canin Siamese cat food.....well she has been a thing possessed over it she adores it and won't eat her wet food (only the bowl at night) any advice please?

Link to CatChat