Author Topic: How do your moggies wake you up  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: How do your moggies wake you up
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 21:10:09 PM »
I get the claw in nostril or sometimes my eye if I don't respond quickly enough. Usually it paw on the face tapping, then it paw with claws out tapping. Then digging the covers. Claw in the eye or nostril are the last resort. That's Buffy.  >:(

Xander it's usually loud meowing and sometimes just treading and purring which is nice. They also like to run around like a couple of small elephants jumping off things and landing like a ton of bricks.  :naughty:Which isn't good as we have people living below us.   

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 18:31:06 PM »
With my old cats it just depended which one:

Chloe - my most recent Tuxedo '- meowooos at 3am in the morning to bring in a live mouse,  at 4am to bring in another live mouse, at 5am to bring in yet another mouse, this one is dead which she leaves the tail and head on the bottom step of the stairs.  Her other thing was to climb on top of the wardrobe and high dive onto my chest at 2am in the morning.

Splodge - my other Tuxedo who came before Chloe - she would literally sit on my face to watch out the window at the road outside.  She also rattled our old sash windows to come in.  She used my window like a cat flap with me as the butler.   

We did have a Labrador that would pull the covers off us when Mum sent him to get us up for school.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:29 PM »
A sharp claw inserted into my nostril is the usual method.

That'll do it. Ouch  ;D

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
A sharp claw inserted into my nostril is the usual method.

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 22:04:38 PM »
Ollie tends to leave me alone, and will get up whenever I decide to - if he is really hungry, he will just come up and stare at my face. Bless him.

My kitten, Loki, is still really learning the ropes of what to do.  Some mornings he leaves me alone, other mornings he runs all over the top of me meowing at the top of his voice and sometimes he'll hit me in the face or sit on my head.

My last cat, Harvey, was terrible.  He would be hitting me in the face from 5am onwards constantly.

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
 :rofl: these all sound so familiar!

Geoffrey is the main culprit, he miaows loudly and bats me round the face with his paw.  If I ignore him, he bats me with his claws out, and if I roll over, he scrabbled at my hair.  If it's cold he might want to get under the duvet in which case I wake up to my face being tickled by his whiskers as he shoves his face into mine  :rofl:

Milly is much more of the I-will-look-spooked-as-I-run-through-the-house-at-4am brigade.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 23:09:26 PM »
Bonnie wakes me up about 3 times a night, not just in the morning.

Usually it's by walking over my head or face depending on which way I am laid.

Another way is to meow in my hear until I wake up.

I also wouldn't change a thing  :evillaugh: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 16:43:07 PM »
Mine dont anymore either!

I didn't mind at all when they did, the things we put up with!  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »

There are two approaches in our house, and both cats have different ones they prefer.

The Tinks announces his ariival int heb edroom in the wee small hours either by:

Wailey-wailey-wailey at the top of his voice (Hi Mum - am back!)
or
leaping up on to the bed, and throwing himself bodily against my legs whilst purring noisily.  The action is designed to wake me up gently, so that I then participate in the game of belly rub (gently) and this is the only time Tinks feels confident enough to engage in "me time"  - he's a bit of a shy bairn.   :)

Moray on the other hand also has two tactics.

In the first, we usually hear a very quiet and muffled "meh"  - which generally means he's carrying a mouse in his mouth,  which might be dead - but then again might not.  :shify:  That generally involves either getting out of bed to dispose of a corpse  :doh:, or alternatively remembering come daylight that you've shoved a live mouse in the bedside chest of drawers.  Always an exciting start to the day that last one.   ;)

His second method is to leap over OH's sleeping head (you can always rely on Mum to wake up first), and shove his way under the duvet, which is my invitation to heft my knees up so the duvet effectively makes a little "tent".  He then proceeds to lick any uncovered skin gently and to treadle my stomach far less gently (think Thai massage with blades).   :doh:  Depending on my mood, I may make genuine sounds of pain and prod OH significantly so he gets some aggro too; alternatively, I just quietly wince and stroke me laddo's little paws until he slows pace and falls asleep. 

Wouldnt swap either of them for the world.  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:49 AM »
They dont lol

Sometimes Misa gets on bed around 0500 and snuggles against me and dozes off  ;D

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »
Every two or three weeks I'm woken at 5.30am by the unmistakable sound of a cat retching on the bedroom carpet.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
How do your moggies wake you up
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
The time, 0355. The place, my house. The bed shakes as the stampeeding elephants approach, only it's not elephants it's just Astrophe and Zoonie two 7 month old kitten making all that noise. My bed and me turns into a trampoline for the next  30 minutes as they chase each other round the flat. Using me as a spring board. ;D
Occasionally one of them will stop and nibble my nose, purr in my ear or bob me on the face. After an hour everything goes quiet, so I drag myself out of bed and go into the kitchen to find them lying on their feeding mats. So I feed them change water and clean trays then back to bed. ;D

Link to CatChat