Author Topic: Fussy Cat, any suggestions of decent wet cat food?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Fussy Cat, any suggestions of decent wet cat food?
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 22:10:22 PM »
All the best :hug:

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2014, 21:57:58 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions... its really frustrating.  I'll see what i can find to try next from those suggestions.

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 19:45:16 PM »
I give my two a pouch of sheba steamed and tender chicken in gravy. They love it. On perm. offer at Sainsburys 7 for £3

All the best :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 23:22:01 PM »
A problem every cat owner has had and will always have if you ask me  ;)

The amount of lists I have made over the years of what my cat will and won't eat is amazing. Especially as I find out it is the total opposite a few months later  :evillaugh:

My 1st cat lived to be 26 years old and all Tibby would ever eat was pilchards in tomato sauce.  That was 1960 - 1986and there wasn't the massive choice there is now.

Also makes me sick when a food is advertised as flakes or fine cuts and when you open it, it's cubes of meat  >:(

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »
Hi , I get Natures menu from Fetch, they have quite a good selection of dry and wet foods but min order for free delivery is £40.00 unless you order from ocado and combine the order. Ocado do the Hi-Life pate.

My two are the same, I guess they get bored even with the one's they like  but after a while they go back to eating it :-:
£20 off first shop of £80 @ocado and free delivery and a free tea towel. I just did my first shop. I bought a coupl of tins of Thrive to try @ £1 each but it is cheaper in a 6 pack. I haven't tried them with it yet. My last 2 cats used to like applaws and encore but they only had it as a treat. ;D

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:52:33 AM »
I give mine applaws or encore which is the same but made for sainsburys. They never seem to get fed up of it. It is expensive but they eat it all. Buffy has the wet applaws and eats about one sachet a day over two meals and then free feeds on dry. They also like the porta 21 and almo nature food can't remember which ones off the top of my head but they look exactly the same as the applaws. I usually get food from Zooplus as it works out cheaper but also stock up when sainsburys have offers. I used to buy the bigger tins which work out much cheaper but with only Buffy eating the wet I had to go back to the sachets as they seem to not eat food that's been open for more than a day.

Have you thought of raw feeding? I'd do it if I ate meat and my cats were open to the idea. As I think it works out very economically and also obviously closer to their natural diet. 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 07:09:18 AM »
Hi-life petit pate he loves and generally will eat it all but now i rarely find it

I think it's been discontinued.  I used to feed hi life essentials pate which was pretty much the same (same ingredients and composition and looked the same!).  It seems to have been replaced by the ridiculously expensive tempt me pate tins.  Mosi likes those but they have recently gone up in price at sainsburys so I now buy miamor pastette from zooplus which works out a bit cheaper, has good ingredients and comes in more flavours.

I buy a variety of brands and flavours and, fingers crossed, it seems to stop Mosi from getting bored.

Happy Kitty company do some good foods too although I've not tried them yet.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
 Hi , I get Natures menu from Fetch, they have quite a good selection of dry and wet foods but min order for free delivery is £40.00 unless you order from ocado and combine the order. Ocado do the Hi-Life pate.

My two are the same, I guess they get bored even with the one's they like  but after a while they go back to eating it :-:

Offline Diddeen

• Kitten
Fussy Cat, any suggestions of decent wet cat food?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 22:10:03 PM »
My cat, who's coming up to 7yrs old is such a fussy eater!!  I have tried so many different foods.. i find something he likes, then he either suddenly stops eating it or shops stop selling them!!
Have tried Natures menu.. was a favourite for a few years on and off but hard to find now
Hi-life petit pate he loves and generally will eat it all but now i rarely find it
Hi-Life pouches in jelly he did eat but now just licks the jelly off and doesnt eat any of the meat.  Hi-life pouches in gravy he will eat most of the time but alot of the shops only do the jelly ones.
I've just bought wainwrights pouches from P@H but not going well so think i've just wasted £10
I have tried a few other brands but they generally have very little meat in them and i really want to give him a decent food with a good amount of meat in tehm so avoiding felix/whiskas/sheba etc
Thankfully i have found dry food that he will eat a decent amount of but he suffers with hairballs so i like to give him wet food as well.

Anyone else had the same problems and found something their cat will eat?

Link to CatChat