Author Topic: meowing  (Read 2224 times)

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
Re: meowing
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 21:54:01 PM »
Marvin & Taz do meow on occasion but it's not very loud but Merlin makes a wow sound at about 100 decibels.  I can hear him 3 houses away,  Probably why the other cats don't bother they let Merlin "talk" for them.  Merlin's nickname is Foghorn Leghorn....

Sounds like Billy!  ;D   Do love him though.  :Luv:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 18:51:56 PM »
Marvin & Taz do meow on occasion but it's not very loud but Merlin makes a wow sound at about 100 decibels.  I can hear him 3 houses away,  Probably why the other cats don't bother they let Merlin "talk" for them.  Merlin's nickname is Foghorn Leghorn....

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 23:21:34 PM »
Astrophe chirps, a cross of purr and mew but only when he is saying hello.
Zoonie squeeks . Neither of them call for food they just flop down where I feed them and look at me. ;D

Lulu used to be very vocal she had a very very loud meow like a Siamese. I could hear her when I was outside.
Tigger on the other hand made all sorts of noises. A noise for everything  ;D

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 16:42:35 PM »
Maybe Mully doesn't need to communicate cos you do everything just right?!  :wooooo:

Dexter meows for food.

Denzel has a very quiet pathetic meow and does it a lot, really for cuddles.

Evie has the loudest and funniest meow ever! She doesn't seem to want anything, just to announce herself I think?! I wish I could post a recording of her meowing on here.

I dont think I have heard Poppy meow yet.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Our 2 girls, Kitty and her daughter Patch, don't really meow.  Kitty just looks at us when she's hungry, and Patch often communicates with Brrr's.  The boy cats seem to meow more in my experiences.

That's interesting - Chivvy (male) was always much more vocal than his sister. With our current 2 (who are not related), Cleo is the vocal one whereas Alfs is very quiet.

Blackie ( Patch's ) brother was very vocal.  Bless him. xx  Went to the bridge last year.  Love the way the girls communicate with us though.  They're all unique and special. xx  :Luv:  :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 00:06:38 AM »
Our 2 girls, Kitty and her daughter Patch, don't really meow.  Kitty just looks at us when she's hungry, and Patch often communicates with Brrr's.  The boy cats seem to meow more in my experiences.

That's interesting - Chivvy (male) was always much more vocal than his sister. With our current 2 (who are not related), Cleo is the vocal one whereas Alfs is very quiet.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 22:07:37 PM »
Sasa squeaks but if you listen very very carefully its a mini meow

Offline CuteCats

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 21:50:48 PM »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 21:33:15 PM »
I have heard that cats really only meow to communicate with us, so perhaps yours hasn't learnt to do so yet? Another possibility is that he might have a voice that is too high for you to hear. Of course, it might just be that he isn't particularly vocal, they all vary. My Alfie is a big lad but he isn't particularly vocal and has a very quite, squeaky voice.

Offline gillian86

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mully and Lexi
meowing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 20:32:30 PM »
Does anyone else's cat on here not really meow?  When Mully wants Something or he is excited to see us he squeaks or makes a high pitched squeal but he doesn't meow.

Link to CatChat