Author Topic: The who is who thread  (Read 6829 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: The who is who thread
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 19:45:22 PM »
So many wonderful cats  ;D ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
Aw Sally - am so pleased you were able to open your home and your heart to Lucky - lovely ladies, both of you!  :)

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 18:25:58 PM »
I'm Sally and I'm 45 years old; I live in Camden, London. I rescued Lucky from Battersea 2 years ago; she was put in Battersea when she was 12, I assume because her owner passed away. Between the age of 12 - 14 she got rehomed and then retuned to Battersea. The last time was because the owner, who only had her 3 months, was changing jobs that meant he would be away from home for long periods of time.

Lucky loves lying on her cushion or lying next to me on the sofa. She always comes and jumps on my bed when I turn in for the night. She allows me to stroke her for a bit before she trots back to her cushion!

She is an absolute sweetie and I wouldn't be without her.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 18:29:35 PM by Big Cat Lover »
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: George, Milly and Ollie
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2014, 23:00:42 PM »
Hi Bryony84

George and Milly have grown up together and have always been close.  George is a mummy's cat and Milly loves her daddy.  Ollie, who is the newish addition, loves however's knee is available and he lies down just like amber with his legs in the air.  He sleeps like that most of the time not matter where he decides to sleep.

Makes me go all warm and fuzzy inside  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 23:01:39 PM by MrsPurrfect »

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2014, 22:52:52 PM »
Just for NikNaknoo

and

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2014, 22:46:21 PM »
Hi All
I'm Bryony and I just turned 30 last month  :shocked: We also just bought our first house (on the south coast in Hampshire) and getting married in May so lots going on! I work as a web developer (the code writing bit not the designing what the website looks like bit) for Estee Lauder which I love, although when I was little I really wanted to work with animals. I am getting part of my dream in a couple of weeks as my fiance bought me a 'keeper for a day' experience at our local zoo for my birthday!!

Our furbabies are Amber and Chilli, ginger sisters who I rescued from the local RSPCA centre when they were 6 months old. You know how it is, you go into the rescue centre looking for one cat and come out with two... They will be 7 years old next week and still the most wonderful loving creatures. Considering they are sisters, they only really tolerate each other and I have only known a handful of occasions where they have actually shared a sleeping place.

Amber is Daddy's girl and likes nothing better than being snuggled up on my finance's lap, usually upside-down, purring and dribbling! I'm convinced that she spends more time lying with her legs in the air than the right way up. She has a very loud demanding meow and refuses almost all human food except ham or cooked chicken. She does the most foul smelling number 2's, even though she eats the same food as Chilli!

Chilli is mummies girl and often wakes me in the morning with head rubs. She has an almost non existant meow but when some sound does come out, it is high pitched and a bit pathetic. Somehow at 7 years old, she still looks like a kitten. She once attempted to jump out of a closed window because she thought it was still open, which was hilarious to watch. She also has a thing about kittens, she will try to wash any other cat that comes near her and if there are kittens in a video on youtube, she will jump up and sniff round the computer screen looking for them. She is a 'proper carnivore' and will happily eat raw chicken/mince etc.

Amber with her Daddy

Chilli in the garden at the old house

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2014, 22:41:24 PM »
Oh also. Mrspurrfect - can we have more pics of George please? :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2014, 22:39:07 PM »
Awww, that is sooo sweet!  :Luv2: Even when we had a pair of littermates, they were never close, never once saw them snuggled up together - rarely even sat on the same chair.  Cleo and Alfie like to keep a good distance between them!

Aww that's what so cute. Bruno hissed at barns he first night we brought him home but then after maybe an hour of showing barns to Bruno through the door (it was open a little) we let Bruno in the kitchen and the rest is history. They play together, eat together, chirp to each other and now Bruno has started to clean Barnaby. He licks his tail, bottom and face. its very cute. Bebe is pretty much okay with the new ginger arrival now. And she even seems more relaxed, more like she use to be before we got Bruno. It's brilliant and I'm so glad Bruno and Barnaby love each other like they do. Bruno is 6 months now and Barnaby is near enough 4 months. Here's a pic of queen Bebe. don't want her feeling left out.

Keep posting your pics guys. It's great reading about how you got ur little one's and what they are like :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2014, 21:46:58 PM »
Awww, that is sooo sweet!  :Luv2: Even when we had a pair of littermates, they were never close, never once saw them snuggled up together - rarely even sat on the same chair.  Cleo and Alfie like to keep a good distance between them!

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2014, 13:14:49 PM »
Here's one of my George and Milly having a snuggle.  They proper love each other.

Got one of them snuggling one the cat scratch but can't find that one.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2014, 12:51:16 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
Aw!!   :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »
The boys  :Luv2: :Luv:

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2014, 09:20:44 AM »
It is nice to match up the humans with the furbabies.  Thank you all for the lovely comments.  I have passed these on to George and he is walking round smiling.  His colour is stunning Sue P.  Pics do not really do him justice. 

Hope all your cats are settling in NikNakNoo.  I knew you had Bebe and Bruno and hadn't been on here for a while.  When I came back there was Barnaby. Love it!

Emmy_Lou the paw is a regular thing with George.  It's his come closer and let me give you a hug paw.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2014, 04:40:01 AM »
George is so lovely :)

Its great seeing which humans belong to which cat(s). I think some people are hiding though because there must be more than just us lot?! Dont be shy....... Pics please!!! :)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
George is very handsome.  He reminds me of Clarence the cross eyed Lion from Daktari way back.  ;D
They are all beautiful

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 08:55:31 AM »

George is gorgeous.  I love ginger puds, and he is adorable.   :Luv2:  He has such a richness of coat.

I love seeing exactly who is who and these fabulous piccies are just wonderful.   :briggin:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 23:43:09 PM »
love the pic with George with his paw out!  :Luv:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 19:56:17 PM »
All 3 are heavenly  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline MrsPurrfect

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 18:09:33 PM »
Hi Purrpeople

I'm 50 something and live in West Yorkshire.  I have three furbabies and I love them all to bit.

My first furbaby is George who I got during the 2006 World Cup.  At the time I had a dog and had gone into a pet shop to get a bone.  At the frong of the shop was a cage with several kittens in them.  This ginger furball was right at the front and stared at me as I went past.  I stopped to stare back lol.  He was the ugliest looking kitten there.  He has a squint and his long teeth could still be seen even with his mouth closed.  Well I just fell completely and utterly in love and ended up coming home with him. I name him George after George Clooney.  He may not have the looks but his giant personality more than make up for it.  He has the loudest purr ever and hardly every stops

After a month I decided to get George a friend to play with as I had decided that he was going to stay an indoor cat and thought that another furbaby would be nice.  Enter Milly, or Her Royal Highness as she is affectionately referred to.  She is a proper snob and only talks to us if she requires her humans to serve her food. She is a really timid cat and we feel privileged when she comes for a cuddle.  Well she is HRH so we should feel honoured.

Ollie aka Devil Cat is the baby of the Purrfect bunch.  He is about 18 months old and it is his mission in life to cause as much mayhem as he possibly can.  The words "Oh no Ollie" can often be heard in our house.  He is totally awesome and loves nothing more than being hugged.  I just melt when I pick him up and he immediately goes all floppy.  He still loves his mummy cuddles where he lays on his side on my knee and starts treading. 

All my furrbabies are different and I love them all to bits. 

George

Milly

Ollie

Hope you like the pics  :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 15:03:11 PM »

Love this thread!  ;D

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 15:00:40 PM »
 :Luv: lovely pics everyone!  :Luv:

I'm Emma & live in Northumberland. Dont tell anyone, but I'm 40 this year  :shify:

I work as a hygienist and volunteer on a Saturday at a rescue (Westgate Ark). I make custom cat jewellery too, but am not allowed to advertise it on here.

I have Denzel (a girl) tortie who is loving and attention seeking. Her brother Dexter ginger who is the polar opposite - he only likes humans when he is hungry or tired. They are both 4.

We then fostered Evie who had a forever home waiting, but was having some vet treatment for a hernia. Her forever home changed their mind, so we kept her. she is an absolute nut case, unpredictable, but we love her  :Luv:

We are currently fostering Poppy who had been adopted, but was fighting with her new owners dog!
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
I'm Janet, another 52 year old grump  :evillaugh:  I live in a semi rural village in the Staffordshire Moorlands with my two rescue moggies Algernon and Noodle. 
Hopefully there will be a couple of pics of the boys....

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »

Lovely lovely piccies Dawn.   :wow:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
star

oscar

tilly

none of willow, can't find the charger!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 18:20:59 PM »
I'm Sue.  I'm 50 something, and I live in Northumberland near the coast, with my hubby and our two cats aged two years and 1 year respectively. 

This is The Tink, aka Tinky.  Tinky was originally our neighbour's cat.  As a kitten, he became great mates with his wunnerful Ginger buddy, Ross (our Bridge Baby) and spent most of his time at ours with Ross, playing.  It got to the point when it was time to go home, he didnt want to go.  His whole being would droop and become crestfallen.  No sooner would we take him home, but he'd return, and wait hopefully outside the cat flap.  He didnt have a flap at his old home.  He often got shut out overnight during the winter when it was frosty or hosing down.  Ross would come upstairs to tell us his mate was outside and couldn't get in (we have a microchip flap).  We used to have to get up in the middle of the night, take the alarm off, unlock everything, and let him in.   We kept taking him home, he kept on coming back.   :-[ Eventually, we stopped taking him home.  When Ross was killed, Tinks owners very generously said that he was more our cat than theirs anyway, and we could keep him.    :Luv:  Tinks is now just over two years of age.  A gentle but solemn little lad.  Never assumes anything.  Likes nothing so much as a piece of cheese, and a snuggle in his favourite hairy cushion, where he treadles and purrs to his heart's content.  We know when he's really happy, cos he "grins" and you can see his little fangs.   :Luv:

Next is Moray Monsta (pronounced Murray) aka Moray Mint.   Moray's just over a year old.  He joined us in the days after Ross's death.  A somewhat reactive acquisition, but the best thing we could've done.  He was a 3 month old , and came from a rescue.  He'd been abandoned in a flat with his sister.  His owner was an alcoholic and a drug addict.  She did a moonlight flit, leaving the cats behind without food or water.  He was handed in by the woman's parents, when they realised what had happened.  he came home with us, and boy what a rollercoaster of emotions that set off.  Tinks took fright - all he knew was that his wunnerful ginger buddy had disappeared and in his place was this ball of fluff, ferreting round in what was his stuff and his ginger buddy's stuff.  Tinks took off, and wouldnt come in.  We feared he'd return to his original owners, and it caused some bitter tears.  OH was almost prepared to return Moray to the shelter, but being a Jackson Galaxy fan, I persuaded OH to let me try a Jackson plan, involving the spare room, and a den for Moray.  Well, long story short, and it's all been told elsewhere, but Moray was a cat wise beyond his kittenhood - he played a wonderfully patient game, never pushing his luck and never making a nuisance of himself.  He grew up to tales of Rumplestiltskin and Baba Yaga when we snuggled him off to sleep in his little room, but we'd hear him crying in the night, and one of us would get up and go and sleep with him.  Eventually, Tinks became curious too, and this ultimately overcame his horror of the little guy.   The final picture is of Moray 3 weeks after we got him.  He achieved his goal, and ever since, he's ruled the roost.   :evillaugh: ;)

Tinks likes to test his daring by occasionally sneaking on to the bed at night for cuddles.  He just loves it when he can pluck up the courage.  He purrs like billy-o, let's you pet and snuggle him, but after about half an hour he always slinks guiltily off again, like he's been caught out doing something he shouldnt have been.  In time, he may come round - he used to sleep on the bed with us and his ginger mate.

Moray likes to snuggle under the duvet and flay my bare skin to ribbons, whilst he treadles on my tummy and sings himself to sleep.  It may hurt like hell, but I love him, and I never discourage  him.  I just bear my scars with fortitude.   ;)

My greatest desire would be to retire to Scotland, and to have a nicely rural property backing on to woodland where the cats could be kept in relative safety.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:53:48 AM by Sue P (Paddysmum) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 16:41:54 PM »
Dawn  where are the pics  :innocent:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 16:21:14 PM »
I'm Dawn, I live in Buckinghamshire and have four cats, Star and long haired white and tabby rescue who came to us when she was 18 months, she is 9 now, Oscar a huge tabby boy, also a rescue he is 8, tilly also 8 is a bengal nutcase and our latest addition who has been with us 11 months is willow, she is two, she ended up with us because a family member was terminally ill and she was going to be got rid of, whatever that means, so we stepped in to find her a home and of course she ended up with us.  Sadly her and tilly can't stand each other!  Also although no longer with us I must mention amber, our beautiful torti who was just the nicest cat who ever lived, we lost her in May

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 16:11:24 PM »
Oh I love this thread already  ;D ;D

I was one of the founder members of Purrs and am retired living in SW Wales BUT I am English oh yes  :innocent:

I now have 3 cats Lupin aged 4 yesterday a seal point birman and totally loopy. He doesnt like people or loud noises and another kind member of Purrs helped me to go get him from norther than Newcastle when he was 10 months old and still unnneutered, had jabs from breeder but never seen by a vet since then.

Then comes Sasa (Sasha) a calico tortie  madam who is still semi feral although after about 7 years her finall started to let me stroke her on the stairs and now on her terms.  She is now 16 but was living with ferals and had had kittens when rescued by CP who decided she was domestic. I think they were wrong but they tried to rehome twice and was taken back.

She came to me with Misa (Meesha) a huge long hair black and white. He had a terrible life and was taken to a vet to be PTS but vet phoned CP cos he was only 4 and nothing wrong with him except his terror of people. So he is 11 or is it 12 now and Sasa and he bonded immediately but sadly both are still terrified of people and Misa also had issues if I picked up a can or put on a hat which are gone now.

I just feel so priviledged to know the people on Purrs but so sad/angry how some people treat cats out there

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 00:01:04 AM »
Hi NikNakNoo

I live in the Red Rose County of Lancashire. I am a 52 year old grumpy old git  ;D and a bloke, more to the point a mad cat bloke
among numerous mad cat ladies  ;D

I got Astrophe on the 11th April aged 11weeks, after I lost Tigger. Two weeks later I lost Lulu, after that I was contacted by Cats Paws rescue who asked if I would like Astrophe's brother so Zoonie hoined us in June.
They are now 7 months old and a pair of lunatics. I am surprised I have any home left :rofl:
Too identify said lunatics is quite easy, Astrophe has one long white sock on his rear right leg, and on his left his sock has fallendown. Zoonie has morw white on his chest and belly and a longer line on the white blaze on his forehead, also Zoonie is syocky and Astrophe is slightly taller and thinner.
Pic1 Astrophe
Pic 2 Zoonie

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
The who is who thread
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 21:38:00 PM »
Hi all  :wow:

Well on a few topics now people have said they don't really know much about the members on here or their cats so I thought we could start a thread where people can give a short description of themselves (if they want) and post a pic of their cats with a tiny bit of background on them.

I'll start - well I'm 29, live in Hampshire and I work in a solicitors. I have done many jobs and one was running my own pet services business.

So first off I have Bebe:
We adopted her in Feb. She had had already had 2 litters at the age of 2 years old. Not keen on too much human contact and likes her own space but she's our special girl who we love dearly.

Next is Bruno:
We first met him as a 3 week old kitten and we brought him home at 7 weeks. He is 5 months old tomorrow and such a lovely crazy silly big boy. He eats so quickly that he gives himself hiccups and he always wakes me up with cuddles, headhutts and nose nibbles.

Finally we have Barnaby:
We got him on Saturday evening just gone as a rash "let's get another cat" thought swept by us. We got him at 14 weeks from a home where he was left 13 hours a day alone. He was bored. Hes currently getting use to this mad house and us but he adores his older bro Bruno and is intrigued by his new sister Bebe.

Here are some pics:

Now, please, post pics of your babies :)

Link to CatChat