Author Topic: Me again, sorry :) - brotherly love  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Me again, sorry :) - brotherly love
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 13:00:27 PM »

I agree with Gill - kitten play can be quite boisterous and usually they will slug it out between them.  When one of them has had enough they'll let the other one know either by running away, by swiping or nipping hard enough to make it count.  There may be quite a lot of vocals, and it doesnt always follow the one making all the noise is necessarily losing the game.

Ross used to have me and OH in stitches when him and Tinks had rough and tumble.  Ross was quite a big boy, even as a kitten, and he would swagger up to Tinks like Phil Mitchell looking for a bit of aggro - if he'd had sleeves he'd have rolled them up as he walked john Wayne style to give Tinks a bit of the old GBH.   :evillaugh:  Tinks was always up for it - he gets a big daft soppy grin on his face and his little fangs show.  Tinks often used to shout a lot about the inequality of the fight, but more often than not, he'd get in a really good paw biffing of his own before running away and coming to tell me or OH all about it.

Sadly, one of the very last pictures I have of Ross was taken about two hours before he was killed, and what do you suppose the picture shows him doing?  Biffing his little bruvver with the utmost affection, chomping on his throat with a paw round Tinks neck - I know how good natured it all really was because Tinks has the most beatific smile on his face, as Ross shows him some brotherly love.   :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:56:04 PM »
No I dont think so

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
I dont thimk there is anything to worry about and sounds like it is just pkay fighting but if you think itd getting too rough distract them with a toy on a stick,

Bebe is just being a  girl cat,,,,how old is she?

Sasa will not allow Lupin any lattitude and meeps , growls a nd hisses at Lupin whereas Misa will lazily lie and wop him. If sasa runs, Lupin will chase but have also seen the other way round.

Bebe is 2.5 but she's very insular and quiet anyway. So Barnaby squeaking isn't something to b too concerned about?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:35:32 PM »
I dont thimk there is anything to worry about and sounds like it is just pkay fighting but if you think itd getting too rough distract them with a toy on a stick,

Bebe is just being a  girl cat,,,,how old is she?

Sasa will not allow Lupin any lattitude and meeps , growls a nd hisses at Lupin whereas Misa will lazily lie and wop him. If sasa runs, Lupin will chase but have also seen the other way round.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Me again, sorry :) - brotherly love
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:04:19 AM »
Hi all ..

Sorry for another post but I just need some advice or reassurance.

Bruno has been so brilliant with the rather unexpected arrival of his new brother, Barnaby. He hissed twice but within 4 hours of Barnaby being here they were chirping and playing together. Well, now Bruno thinks Barnaby is the best thing since pink mouse (see toys thread!!). However Bruno is quite a large lad in comparison considering there's only a month or two between them. When they play Bruno bites and holds Barnaby down (not in a mean way as he will let Barnaby do the same in return to him) but Barnaby squeaks as if Bruno is being too rough. Is there anyway of curbing brunos enthusiasm for his new smaller brother?? I'm concerned he will hurt Barnaby by accident.

Bebe is still very put out and annoyed at this new addition and as such is hissing and growling at both Barnaby and Bruno. I am sure she will come around eventually in her own time.

Any advice would be fab :)

Link to CatChat