Author Topic: Who on earth is that????!!!  (Read 6298 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Who on earth is that????!!!
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2014, 12:49:08 PM »

This is great news.  Bebe sounds like she's acclimatising well to this new interloper on her patch, and she's probably really thankful he's keeping Bruno occupied (though she might also feel a tad put uot that her snuggle buddy has someone else to snuggle with too - I bet she's quite enjoyed their lilttle sleepy sessions.   :Luv:

Do you know what Barnaby's background was?  He may be feeling a bit overwhelmed, or he may just be a naturally quiet cat.

Pamela Bennett has a lovely website called way of cats, and she has some interesting views on cat types:

http://www.wayofcats.com/blog/cat-types

She also has some intuitive thoughts on cat integration.

If I were to classify our last 5 cats, I would do so by placing Paddy as a Gamma (a world worrier), Mac was a Beta, Ross was a Beta with some Alpha, Tinks is very definitely a Gamma, and Moray is a Beta.

Have a look, and see how you might classify your three lovelies.

I think Barnaby just needs a little more time to find his feet - after all, he's changed homes I think more than once since he was born?  Quite a big thing.  He may not know if he's there to stay.  He doesnt know what the Master Plan is, and he's trying to work it out just now, is my guess.   :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2014, 12:38:42 PM »
Hi all

Well young Barns have been here for near enough 4 days and its like he's always been here.

Bebe is more relaxed and is spending much more time downstairs and not hiding. She is still hissing at him tho but not as much or intently.

Bruno still loves his new brother. I am so proud of the way he has just allowed a new boy into his life. Hes taken to cleaning his bottom and his tail for Barns. They play a lot and they sleep together. when Bruno can't see Barns he chirps away.

Barns is very floppy when I pick him up. He lets me put him on his back and stroke his belly which he seems to enjoy. Hes just very quiet. He doesn't come for attention. Do you think Hes just shy? I hope he comes out of his shell eventually :)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2014, 07:28:24 AM »
Without a DNA test there is no telling what breeds a non pedigree may contain. All that is for certain is that all domestic cats are related and go back to a wild African cat.We might have changed shape and colours, but like all dogs are wolves, cats all come from the same wild cat ancestors. I might have a bald cat, curly cats, a Siames pointed cat and a moggy, but they all have a common ancestor. They just look different.
Julie.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 07:04:54 AM »
Ah yes, I had a Big and Gorgeous Ginger too, bless his paws.  Very special breed.

You may know more when he's around 6 months.  When we first got Moray, there was, to my untrained and unsuspecting eye, no hint of the Maine Coon in miniature that he's become.  Who knows what Lion King you have lurking there in Barnaby.   ;)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2014, 22:28:25 PM »
I guess he's gonna be big and gorgeous - it's a well known size and breed you know  ;) :hug:

I'll take a look in Newbies bit tomorrow Julie.

I so wish I had a digital camera for my first cat that my mum and dad got in 1960.

Mary

Mary I too wish I'd had a digital camera earlier. But I am grateful I have prints. At least nowadays you can always copy prints and put them onto a computer.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2014, 22:24:10 PM »
I guess he's gonna be big and gorgeous - it's a well known size and breed you know  ;) :hug:

I'll take a look in Newbies bit tomorrow Julie.

I so wish I had a digital camera for my first cat that my mum and dad got in 1960.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2014, 22:00:49 PM »
So as we did not see or meet Barnaby's mum and dad (human or cat) we dont know what breed he is or what size he may well turn out to be. Anyone wanna take a guess on both points?

Hes 1.7kg and he's very relaxed, very patient, very calm and very chilled out. Hes not too keen about being close to us but then we've only just got him so we need to bond. His coat is wispy in places like behind the ears and the legs and under the chin.

Any ideas?? :)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2014, 20:51:42 PM »
Would love to see you starting a new thread with pics of Gracie. A stray with no tail too, that's amazing  :hug:

Glad you liked my pics of Bonnie, I have loads.  It's great having a digital camera  ;)

Mary

Mary I posted pics of Grace and her story on the place where newbies introduce themselves. But it's a good idea to start a new thread here to post more pics of Gracie, and my other cats. Plus the stray I feed. Yes isn't it great having a digital camera. I have thousands of pics of my cats.
Julie.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2014, 20:31:57 PM »
Awww, sweet Bonnie BumBum  :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2014, 19:25:49 PM »
Would love to see you starting a new thread with pics of Gracie. A stray with no tail too, that's amazing  :hug:

Glad you liked my pics of Bonnie, I have loads.  It's great having a digital camera  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 18:23:12 PM »
Thanks Mary for the welcome, and introducing yourself and the beautiful Bonnie. And what lovely photos.
My Gracie has no tail. Neither has the little stray I feed.
Julie.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2014, 15:06:34 PM »
Being almost new here I know very few people and their cats. But love the photos in this topic.
Julie.
[/color]

:welcome: to Purrs Julie.  Don't be shy at getting to know us all.  A lot of us stay in just a few of the sections and don't know everyone even when we've been on here for years.

It's hard to get to know people and their cats sometimes as they have very long stories but if you want to ask anyone anything they won't mind.

I adopted Bonnie from the RSPCA nearly 6 years ago and she had just had her tail removed as her previous owner didn't take her to the vet to have her sores on her back seen to.  I'm single, no kids and she is my baby.

We all love to see pics of everyone's cats and that's why a lot of us are very much liking this thread.

Mary

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2014, 14:50:45 PM »
More lovely photo's! Looks as if Bebe is doing really well, she's be glad that Bruno has someone to rough and tumble with and give her some peace  :)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:52 AM »
Being almost new here I know very few people and their cats. But love the photos in this topic.
Julie.

Thanks Julie. I go ott with posting pics of new arrivals but think it's a fab way to document their first few weeks.

Just love that piccie.   Bebe makes a very good Head Girl.   ;) ;D

Look forward to seeing more pics.
Julie.

bickhamwitch - it wont take you long before you begin to figure out who is slave to which cat/s.  And if you forget - then it's a great excuse to trawl the boards again to refresh your memory.   :)

Yes she does make a rather good one. I'm just glad she is starting to relax. Hate seeing her stressed.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »

They're doing fine - some cats wouldnt even be in the same room together at this stage, let alone eating together.  Bebe has already made room for Bruno, and Barnaby will be accommodated too, just wait and see.  As you said yourself, it was some days before she'd eat wet food when bruno arrived - he was more of a shock, whereas now, she's prepared for shocks (still doesn't like them, but now she knows what this one is all about - kids, and sharing and stuff.   >:()

We shed plenty of bitter tears when we lost Ross, but we made such a fuss of Tinks in those raw days just afterwards.  When Moray came, I can only begin to imagine what went through Tinks' mind - he'd lost his good red buddy, and had no idea where he'd gone (unlike us) and then he had this - thing - to contend with.).  We shed more bitter tears as we thought Tinks was going to take off and we'd lose him too.  But Tinks was made of sterner stuff than we realised.  He'd made a conscious choice previously that he wanted to live with us, and fundamentally that hadn't changed.  He just had to process the addition to the family, and to do so in his own good time.  And he wasn't going to make it easy for us (and yet he did, bless him in the end - accepted Moray with a good grace, if not exactly a willing heart  ;)). 

He would sulk.  Bebe may  sulk.  he rejected my loving overtures - actually would look at me and turn his back on me.  That so hurt.  It was meant to - it was his way of showing me how much I'd hurt him.  Didnt last long though - curiosity got the better of him.  plus, we chose pretty well when we chose Moray.  ;)  I think you look like you're choosing quite alright yourselves, so try not to worry.   :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 07:46:21 AM »

Well I dont know about you, but I'd be stressed if I got up one day to find a stranger in my house, albeit even if they were cute and friendly - wouldnt really make much difference would it - you'd be thinking "what the .....?   :-:"

Then before you know it, they're checking out all of your favoutite spots, your beds, your sunny patches, your dishes and stuff - and - your people...!   >:( >:(    And all those cuddles and chats and lovey-dovey moments you had to yourself?  They're all up for grabs too.   :-: :-:

Yep.  I'd be pretty hacked off personally.    :doh:  It's a wonder any of us get past more than one cat.   :evillaugh:

Well, when you out it like that!! :)  poor Bebe. though they have enjoyed breakfast together this morning :) baby steps I guess.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:47:02 AM by NikNakNoo »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 07:29:45 AM »

Well I dont know about you, but I'd be stressed if I got up one day to find a stranger in my house, albeit even if they were cute and friendly - wouldnt really make much difference would it - you'd be thinking "what the .....?   :-:"

Then before you know it, they're checking out all of your favoutite spots, your beds, your sunny patches, your dishes and stuff - and - your people...!   >:( >:(    And all those cuddles and chats and lovey-dovey moments you had to yourself?  They're all up for grabs too.   :-: :-:

Yep.  I'd be pretty hacked off personally.    :doh:  It's a wonder any of us get past more than one cat.   :evillaugh:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 07:21:43 AM »
Julie.

Thanks Julie. I go ott with posting pics of new arrivals but think it's a fab way to document their first few weeks.

bickhamwitch - it wont take you long before you begin to figure out who is slave to which cat/s.  And if you forget - then it's a great excuse to trawl the boards again to refresh your memory.   :)

Yes she does make a rather good one. I'm just glad she is starting to relax. Hate seeing her stressed.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 06:47:57 AM »

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:01 AM »
Julie.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 21:53:08 PM »
So things with Bebe are improving. She's not hiding all of the time now and she is eating as well. not bad after 2 days. When Bruno arrived it was over a week before she would eat wet food properly.

Took barns to the vet this evening for a check up and apart from having a slightly swollen belly as he's not been treated for worms yet, he is fine. In good health and the vet said he now just needs love and good quality food, which he will get here.

Pic for you :)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 16:49:30 PM »
Very cute :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2014, 15:27:18 PM »
Oh, he is sooo much like Chivvy was at that age, with the little stripy frown between his eyes!  :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
Here's a pic of the handsome fella. ..could someone have a look at my other post about Bruno being too rough in play. Hes getting too carried away and could use some advice. ..thank you :)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 09:19:02 AM »
The new addition is gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline onyx

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Fonzie and Chloe, plus Amber and Izzie the doggies
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 07:34:59 AM »
very very handsome, with a lovely tail!  :wow:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:06 AM »
She'll adjust.   :hug:  She just needs to do so in her own time.  Tinks was the same when we got Moray, and it didnt take Bebe long to come round to Bruno, so Barnaby will no doubt conquer her misgivings too before long.    She'll always be your Number One Girl.  No way can Barnaby or Bruno be Number One Girl.   ;) :naughty:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 07:16:14 AM »
Just sending a gentle ear rub to Bebe this morning - life can be tough when you're used to being The One, and then you find yourself unexpectedly part of a trinity.  But, is worth pointing out to Bebe that she's still the Boss of them two.   ;)

Yes we feel bad for her. We love her so much, she's our little girl and princess. I just hope in time she will realise that actually the new arrival is very sweet and not quite so full on like Bruno. It took her a few days last time so fingers crossed she will adjust :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 07:11:57 AM »
Just sending a gentle ear rub to Bebe this morning - life can be tough when you're used to being The One, and then you find yourself unexpectedly part of a trinity.  But, is worth pointing out to Bebe that she's still the Boss of them two.   ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 22:45:51 PM »
Barnaby is part of a wonderful trio  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 20:31:24 PM »
Gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 20:08:23 PM »
Purrrfeck.  ;)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 19:52:56 PM »
Soooo sweet!  :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
More!!!!

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 07:59:28 AM »
Here are some morning pics of Barnaby (staying very much out of the way of Bebe)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:17 AM »
Baxter - fab name for a cat (dunno why I read it as Dexter - need new specs perhaps?)  ;D

I have a real love of ginger cats, and he's a little smasher!  :wow: :wow: :Luv:   Good jobn you dont live anywhere near me, or some cat-nabbing may have been in order  ;) :evillaugh:   He'll make a great companion for Bruno, and they will hopefully play so well together, they'll leave Bebe in peace, and she'll just be able to watch the antics with the air of a Maiden Aunt.  :)

We need more pics of all three.  Please.   :naughty:

Well this has been an issue. we kept calling him Dexter and we wanted to keep the B theme going so after great discussion last night we decided the way forward was Barnaby.....so please welcome Barnaby to the clan!! :)

I shall get some pics up shortly. He is a little quiet this morning and Bebe is making it quite clear that she is pis*ed at everyone Inc Bruno for this new arrival. However Bruno and Barnaby spent a long time last night chasing each other and playing whilst chirping almost constantly  :rofl: we reckon they were saying hi and a bit about their background followed by "do you like chasing?"  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 07:07:35 AM »
Baxter - fab name for a cat (dunno why I read it as Dexter - need new specs perhaps?)  ;D

I have a real love of ginger cats, and he's a little smasher!  :wow: :wow: :Luv:   Good jobn you dont live anywhere near me, or some cat-nabbing may have been in order  ;) :evillaugh:   He'll make a great companion for Bruno, and they will hopefully play so well together, they'll leave Bebe in peace, and she'll just be able to watch the antics with the air of a Maiden Aunt.  :)

We need more pics of all three.  Please.   :naughty:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 00:42:31 AM »
Well Bruno and Baxter are already playing together. Bebe, well....she isn't so keen :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 23:27:46 PM »
Think together too, He is just soooooooooooo sweet  ;D ;D

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 21:44:27 PM »
Oooooo - sneaky!!!!  And gorgeous!!!!!!       :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'd say intros together - . But first, how you got Dexter?   ;D

Well we always wanted a ginger cat but we said wait a few years ....well yesterday other half says "I want another cat". We I dont need an invitation twice so started looking and I found Baxter. He is 14 weeks. Been in a home from 12 weeks but she didn't have time for him so was trying to find a new home for him where he would have friends. Hence us!!!

Link to CatChat