Author Topic: Ouch and stinky  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Ouch and stinky
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 19:35:18 PM »
Mine had bad breath when they were teething it was awful. How old is he now?

Buffy is awful to me in the mornings at the moment. She was trying to burrow into my nostril with her nose the other morning. It wasn't in a gently way either :censored:   

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Ouch and stinky
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:12:37 AM »
Bored with Bruno?  Never!   :-:  The very thought. Pah!

With regard to the nose biting thing, believe it or not, it really is a sign of affection, albeit potentially unwelcome.  You can, if you want to discourage him, move him firmly but gently away, while saying "No" or "Ouch" and turning your face away from him.

He's a bit young for bad breath due to dental disease, although it can sometimes indicate other problems too - more commonly in older cats it can be down to liver or kidney problems, or diabetes.  In Bruno's case, I'm wondering if it's little more than some food which has got trapped in his teeth? 

I know of  people who do brush their cats teeth, and you can get cat dental brushes from Pets at Home - they're like little rubber thimbles which fit over your finger.  I personally wouldnt rate my chances much of trying it with our two, but would be interested to learn how you got on if you try it.  :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Ouch and stinky
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 08:08:27 AM »
Hi all

Another Bruno question I'm afraid!!! Hope you aren't too bored of him!!! I have two questions...

1) why on earth does he bite my nose in the mornings? I am woken every morning by Bruno rubbing himself all over my face, head butting me and being very sweet and then he just wants to bite my nose. He did it 5 times this morning, why??

2) he has really stinky breath - why?? Do I need to clean them? If so, how often and with what product?

Thank you :)

Link to CatChat