Author Topic: Cat eating weird stuff  (Read 2247 times)

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Re: Cat eating weird stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 22:17:02 PM »
one of my cats, Moses the Devil cat, prefers human food to cat food. he likes pizza, bacon, sausages, curry, chips, eggs, left over milk in cereal bowls, bread,(that we put out for the birds), yorkshire puddings, mash, in fact anything left on a plate he will stick his face in it! :evillaugh: We think he was owned previously by an elderly lady who died and who fed him on tit bits. He was left parcelled up in a cardboard box at the local PDSA, 14 years ago.  :'(

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
For my dinner last night I had  chicken tika and si did Astrophe.  Now thats strange.  >:(
He kept looking at me so I dipped my finger in the curry and he licked it clean  so I put a couple of pieces of chicken on a plate woth some rice and sauce. It was gone in two minutes.  Zoonie wasn't interested.
 They both like mashed potato though. Go figure  ;D ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 19:42:12 PM »
Now there's a thought, if they're not too expensive I think i'll invest in one, be nice to know what the little butter is up to  :shify:
£16.99 free delivery from Amazon.
GPS recorder £28.99 Amazon

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 18:30:34 PM »
Now there's a thought, if they're not too expensive I think i'll invest in one, be nice to know what the little butter is up to  :shify:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 15:48:41 PM »
Hi,

I know, lol.  I don't know where he hides it, or perhaps it's a ploy?  Try and look as skinny as possible and i'll get more food?  :rofl:  As it is he's 13lb and not an ounce of fat on him. 

He also mooches food from his ginger mates' house as well as hunting anything he can catch, he has been spotted disappearing into an abandoned factory in the early am, probably for a furry takeout  :censored: not too pleased about that but at least I know he's properly wormed, still it does worry me where he's getting to

You should get one of those cat cameras that fit to his collar and I think you can get one with GPS so you can track him.
He is gorgeous  ;D

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 15:43:25 PM »
Hi,

I know, lol.  I don't know where he hides it, or perhaps it's a ploy?  Try and look as skinny as possible and i'll get more food?  :rofl:  As it is he's 13lb and not an ounce of fat on him. 

He also mooches food from his ginger mates' house as well as hunting anything he can catch, he has been spotted disappearing into an abandoned factory in the early am, probably for a furry takeout  :censored: not too pleased about that but at least I know he's properly wormed, still it does worry me where he's getting to

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 23:05:59 PM »
He doesn't look big,does he?

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 18:27:47 PM »
lol, glad to know Merlin's not the only one :rofl:

some pics for you all.......

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 17:04:52 PM »
Since the fish food is mostly fish I guess it is quite tasty to cats! The dried mealworms are kind of roasted and also taste a bit like pork scratchings to a cat I imagine :sick:
Ours will try anything. Hamster food, dog food, plants, veggies, - if it smells if food they will give it a go! Monty is mad for ice cream and tries to open the freezer to get it!  :evillaugh:  :censored:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 16:51:48 PM »
When I lived at home my parents had fish and both their dogs and cats liked the fish food. So must be tasty.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 23:10:30 PM »
Holly used to love fish food. Many years ago I used to breed tropical fish and everytime I fed them she would have some. I once found her on the floor with an empty tub she had eaten it all.  ;D

As for insects,  thats what they would eat in the wild as ferall cats, easier to catch than rodents and birds and full of protein so it won't do any harm.  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 22:49:34 PM »
Well cats catch and eat flies and other insects so maybe thats the link.

I think we need to see pics of MR Huge  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
Cat eating weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 22:18:57 PM »
Hiya,

Does anyone else have a cat that will litteraly have a go at anything?  Merlin already likes fish food.  My hubby was filling our bird feeders in the kitchen and some fell on the floor.  Quick as a flash Merlin got there and scoffed it, I mean dried insects???  What's that about? 

He is a big boy and has a big streak of maine coone in him, but insects?  Yuk, to top it off he watched my hubby hang the feeders, climbed up the fence, hopped up the tree and tried to rob the feeder!! 

You'd think I never feed him, but he gets at least 4 pouches of good quality food a day, has access to biscuits & water 24/7 and also finishes off what the other cats leave, his appetite is eye watering. 

I can't even go in the kitchen without Merlin sounding like a foghorn - he has a voice to match his appetite - HUGE!!!!!!  :rofl:

Link to CatChat