Author Topic: Slow Blink  (Read 1913 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Slow Blink
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 13:01:43 PM »

I think we all know we shouldn't stare in their eyes r they will attack - how true this is I do not know, maybe it's just true of the big cat family.

Thats why quite often a cat will go towards the people who dont like them!!! They avoid eye contact with the cat, so they see them as less of a threat.

I try and slow blink at mine all the time.

Evie does nothing, Dexter slow blinks back, and Denzel will too, then often come over for cuddles  :Luv2:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »
You can stare a cat out mary like they do to each other, the first to blink or move eyes loses!

But slow blinking isnt like that its literally a long blink withe eyes closed.

Last night I want Misa in and he started it , slow blink at me and I slow nlonked back and so it went on and he wouldnt come in, suxch a freustrati ng cat some times but gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
When Moray is truly loving us, he high fives us with one of them big Catcher's Mitts.   He doesnt see the need for them sloppy kisses (except for when he's slurping me, and kneading my belly inna night  :evillaugh:)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »
I've only ever slow blinked at Billy Whiz.  Never saw the need to do with the others but certainly it helps with The Whiz  :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 23:43:18 PM »
Must try that tomorrow  :Luv2:  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Many moons ago when I went to Universal Studios in Hollywood I was watching a show put on by the animal trainers and they showed how they get cats and dogs to yawn by sitting next to the camera yawning and they copy you.

I think we all know we shouldn't stare in their eyes r they will attack - how true this is I do not know, maybe it's just true of the big cat family.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 18:48:27 PM »
Its amazing how they recognize it  ;D ;D

I dont think Lupin did it for a while and Sasa did it way before I coulkd stroke her!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 18:39:28 PM »

It does indeed.   :) I love it.  Ross, Mac and Paddy all did it.  Moray really won't, but Tinks eventually did after a good few months, so am holding  out for Moray sooner or later  ;) :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 18:17:27 PM »
 ;D

I've never really sat and deliberately done it before and Mosi can be very determined to do things on his terms.  So I was a bit surprised when he blinked back at me  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 18:13:50 PM »
I know it works lol

All mine even Sasa will slow blink back  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Slow Blink
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 18:10:31 PM »
I was watching My cat from hell on Animal Planet last night when they were talking about doing a slow blink to a cat.  It's a sign of contentment and affection when a cat does that, apparently.  Like a cat kiss.  I had heard of this before but had never actually sat and blinked slowly at Mosi.  As he was sat nearby I thought I'd try it out on him.  I looked at him, did a slow blink and nothing.  So I did it again and bless him - he did one back  ;D  It works!  Go on... try it!

Link to CatChat