Author Topic: Does you cat have a favourite toy??  (Read 2514 times)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Does you cat have a favourite toy??
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
Poor pink mousie!

Denzel used to love a little giraffe that was on the end of one of the wand toys, but has grown out of it now, but I have still kept the giraffe  :Luv:

She would bring the whole thing upstairs in the morning with the rod and everything trailing behind her!  :rofl:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Arcanegirl

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bane and un-named
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »
 :rofl:Oh Bruno.

Banes favourite seems to be a knitted baby hat....It was knitted for my youngest son and im not sure what animal it was based on, but it has horns or ears (im not sure which). Bane loves to roll around the floor with this hat!

Harvey, its early to tell but he is quite taken with a stick with feathers on the end of it, and a mouse attached which squeaks at every move.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »
 :shocked:

Well this morning I came downstairs and walked into the kitchen to find a murder had taken place.

Poor pink skin mouse had been drowned in the water bowl. I feel it a bit harsh to point fingers but I'm fairly confident that Bruno may have committed the crime.

Off to the drying rack for mouse then!!!!

Naughty Bruno :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 19:56:02 PM »
I will go and look at the body! but sure it had feathers

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 19:22:08 PM »
Yes Holly very close to that, maybe just a different colour...........that one is kit on elastic? Cos that and feathers is the key  :innocent:
No feathers but it is on elastic

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 18:46:43 PM »
Yes Holly very close to that, maybe just a different colour...........that one is kit on elastic? Cos that and feathers is the key  :innocent:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 04:54:15 AM »
Astrophe and Zoonie love the buttermoth from Purrs they hide it from me  when they have finished with it so I don't throw it away as it has been destroyed by them   ;D
They also like the catit senses ball thingy , hours of fun batting the ball to each other.
And they love jumping into a large pile of packing paper that came out of a very very big box containing two 300g pkts of cat food from Amazon (about 200 feet of it)  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 05:23:24 AM by hollycat »

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 04:49:52 AM »
Soooooooooo  sweet  ;D

Lupin did have one until he destroyed it. A bird with feathers on eleastic on a hanger that went on door frame, havent been able to finds another.

Misa had a big red fluffy mouse which he threw and chased but its lost.

Sasa says wottttttttttttttttt a toy!
Is it like this bird. If so, zooplus.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 19:55:12 PM »
I wish I could find something that Alfs likes to play with. He is really only interested in interactive play and I can't provide as much of that as he would like. Even then, he seems to be bored with the red dot and flying frenzy...

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 18:38:35 PM »
Chloe, my last cat who went to the bridge some years ago, just adored those circular things where you could push the ball around inside like a race track.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
Jaffa used to have a particular mouse that he loved.  He actually had more than one but they were the same just in different colours.  It was just a fabric mouse with a fluffy tail with a bell on the end.  He used to carry it around by the tail and whine whenever he wanted attention.  They were toy mice he and Magpie were given when quite young and he had them until he was about 10 and became quite fixated with them even when absolutely filty!  In the end I just had to throw them out as tails came off and they were too dirty to clean but could never find anything else similar and nothing else was loved like that toy mouse.

Toy wise the favourite does change as they would get bored with a particular toy.  Mosi in particular seems to love a game for a week or two then gets totally bored with it.  He doesn't really like toys that don't do anything!  He prefers interactive play like da bird but he gets bored with that after a bit.  He loves the red dot but again gets bored after a bit.  When I got him he brought with him a toy spider that he liked.  It was made from real fur but he loved it so much that they didn't want to part him from it.  He got a similar fake fur spider but that one was never as popular.  He loved this old spider and carreed around even though it was in tatters.  One night he "killed" it on the bed  :shify: (bits of black fur everywhere!) but I kept it for a while even though it was just a ripped piece of tatty fur.  Eventually that had to go out.  They do seem to become fixated on particular toys don't they for no apparent reason and you can replace it with something identical but it's just not the same.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 07:33:22 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:   Ross used to love his little Marty Mouse, and a small stuffed teddy with dangly legs.  He would carry both of them round, and snuggle up to sleep with them when he was a kitten.  Paddy loved his little striped bee, which made a funny noise if you walked past it, and it would vibrate.  We bought him that in his late teen years, because he could feel the vibrations even if he couldnt hear the noises (he was deaf, following a stroke).

Moray and Tinks dont really have any favourite soft toys as such - they love their Yeeeeow stinky bananas from the Purrs shop and the little sardine toys, but all of the toys get an airing from time to time, and their favouritest toy of all time has been the Flying Frenzy toy, which they still love to play with, especially if we take it out on to the field behind our garden.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 22:43:49 PM »
Awwwww.

Alfie seems bored with everything at the moment, he certainly doesn't have anything that he carries around. Cleo doesn't do 'play' - she really does want to kill that red dot!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 14:00:44 PM »
Soooooooooo  sweet  ;D

Lupin did have one until he destroyed it. A bird with feathers on eleastic on a hanger that went on door frame, havent been able to finds another.

Misa had a big red fluffy mouse which he threw and chased but its lost.

Sasa says wottttttttttttttttt a toy!

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Does you cat have a favourite toy??
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
Hi all

Now Bruno and Bebe have all the toys you could possibly think of. It's like a cat day care centre in the lounge. the toys range from £1 to £20 so quite a range. I bought from asda two mice, small...one pink and one blue. Bebe looked at them and with her usual uninterested face wondered off however Mr Bruno was much more taken with these new toys and esp the pink mouse. So prior to us moving he would play with it but when we moved a month a go these mice went missing.....until the other day! We have only found the pink mouse but that's all that matters to Bruno!!!

The stuffing has come out of the mouse but my God, he still loves it. He runs around carrying it in his mouth. he brings it to me in the mornings as a gift I would assume and he just loves playing with it, this bit of pink material that resembles a mouse, kind of lol  :rofl: Does anyone else's cat have a fav toy? If so, pics are a must!!

I have included some of Bruno his mouse!!

Link to CatChat