Author Topic: Kitten weight  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Re: Kitten weight
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 20:37:08 PM »
Not worried. They each weighed at the vets at half a kg (ish) and both eat well. Have to watch Mag tho cos he will eat till he's sick if given the chance

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 21:11:23 PM »
Dont be too cast down - they can gain ground quickly.  Moray was very underweight when we got him (had been left in an empty flat with his sister, with no food or water for 5 days).  His coat was dull and there was no inkling of the cat he was to become.  Within a month he'd begun to fill out nicely.

Worms will affect a kitten's weight, and given the flea problem, that will have had an impact no doubt.  I'd wager a pound to a penny that you and your Mum will have these two turned round in no time.  Keep weighing, keep photographing, and you will see them blossom, I promise!

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 21:07:52 PM »
Yeah 113gsrams so they should be about 678.

Mags is 580 and trixie is 460 :(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 20:57:19 PM »

I think (though anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) it's about 4 oz per week, so if they're 6 weeks, that equates to around a pound and a half (not sure what that is in new money - is 4 oz  around 100g?)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
Kitten weight
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 20:34:24 PM »
Has anyone got an average weight chart for kittens?

I've popped up a thread about the rescues I've got and just want to check their weight to see if I can worm them or if they need the vet.

They are at the vet Monday so no biggie really

Link to CatChat