Author Topic: Sun cream for cats ears  (Read 2116 times)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
Re: Sun cream for cats ears
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29:01 AM »
You reckon???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 23:56:25 PM »
thank you will check it out, even if its for next year. think Nemo-toid may have forgiven us for this year by then :)
:) Please text CATS22 £5 to 70070 to feed a cat for a week :)

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:13:55 PM »
Sorry for the delay
I've just checked and the Forever suncream is absolutely fine for animals as is the aloe gelly if they get burnt.
Rosella  - I know this was a conversation separate to this post but they said go with your vets advice on timings. How is your little one?

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 17:44:42 PM »
With pleasure.
www.aloehelp4health.myforever.biz/store

My contact details are on there too if you need them.

L x

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: gizmo, gingurr, nemo, mittens and brujo. always with me, leroy w murgatroyd
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 17:41:32 PM »
Thanks for the info Laura. Could you post a FL website llink so i can have a look what you do?
 :thanks:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 17:27:37 PM »
Hi Sam
I think the sun cream or spray would be ok. Both are factor 30 and water resistant but I want to check with our vet first.
I'm not sure if there is a list if companies that donate but I will donate 15% of sales made through Purrs on a quarterly basis as long as I've got a PM or email telling me what someone has ordered as orders through my website go via Forever Living so under the Data Protection Act I wouldn't have access to the info.
Louise x

Offline SamMewl

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
    • Yorkshire Cat Rescue
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 17:20:00 PM »
i use a kids factor 50 on nemo's ears. he hates it starts cringing as you go near the cupboard and still gets hot slightly pink ears as he is out all day. and looks very dirty as it does attract the dirt a bit.

would be interested to hear about a forever living product that does the job. is there a list of companies that donate to Purrs anywhere? thank you x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 10:27:39 AM »
Here's a couple of products I have used on Boris's pink ears. 

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/superdrug-price-comparison/Suncare/Superdrug_Solait_Kids_Trigger_Lotion_Spf_50_200ml.html

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=408&pf_id=58888

I think it was my vet who suggested that water resistant sun protection for kids should be OK to use and, as it has a higher SPF, that's what I use atm.

Thankfully, as Boris is pretty fluffy, he doesn't tend to do much sun worshipping.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
Hi
I'm work with Forever Living Products and whilst I know some of our products are great for cats I'm not sure about the sun cream.
I'm out and about at the moment with the day job but I'll call them when I get back and will let you know.
There is an ongoing 15% donation to Purrs members.

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Sun cream for cats ears
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 22:47:38 PM »
Not been on here in ages, but just wondered if any slaves had managed to find a decent sun cream for a white cat. Have previously been slave to 4 black fur babies so the sun has not been so much of an issue. I know a lot of human sunscreens contain chemicals which can be toxic to cats. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks x

Link to CatChat