Author Topic: Baldrick  (Read 2867 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Baldrick
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:52 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news but as we all know, you had to do the right thing and let him go to The Bridge.

You are among friends on here and we all feel your pain and sadness.  :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »
Sorry to hear about Baldrick, hopefully his spirit will live on and continue to bring those needing help to your door  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I love the idea of a making a planter of his sleeping box and look forward to seeing a pic when it is finished.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »
That's a lovely idea Sue - it will be something that you will look at and smile, and think of all of the beautiful souls who've shared your life.     :Luv: :hug:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 22:32:31 PM »
Hi,

am feeling slightly better today and I have had an idea.  Baldricks' sleeping box was getting a little tatty, the lid was giving up so I bought him another about a year ago.  True to form he ignored the new one & preferred his old one. 

I am going to use it for plants, catnip, mint, valerian and so forth sort of like a cats corner.  It will take me a few weeks to get the plants I want but when it's done I will post a pic.  In rememberance of Tasha and Baldrick and all the others I have known, once again thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, Sue  :thanks:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 20:05:43 PM »
He sounded like such a character.....sleep tight Baldrick x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 19:47:28 PM »
Baldrick was my little scout for others in need, they'd follow him into my back garden. I got Merlin (abandoned kitten) & Marvin (starving) that way and also returned another who had been missing for 2 months. 
So Baldrick really has earned his place in rainbow bridge, goodnight old lad   :Luv:

He certainly did, what a wonderful cat. RIP Baldrick.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 14:42:07 PM »

So sorry for your loss. Having recently been through the same with Tigger and Lulu within 3 weeks of each other and both for the same thing tumors. I was distraught when Tigg went as I couldn't be with him as he was on the operating table. I was with Lulu, I held her in my arms as she went.
At least Baldrick is not suffering anymore, and maybe now he can hear the birds once more.

RIP Baldrick, little cat.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 20:11:59 PM »
RIP Baldrick  :(

And  :hug: :hug: :hug: to you siou2
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 20:04:40 PM »
Hiya,

thankyou for all your kind thoughts, can't stop crying atm but it will pass.  Baldrick was my little scout for others in need, they'd follow him into my back garden.  I got Merlin (abandoned kitten) & Marvin (starving) that way and also returned another who had been missing for 2 months. 

So Baldrick really has earned his place in rainbow bridge, goodnight old lad   :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 19:45:08 PM »
The greatest gift, he is free from his pain, thank you.  :hug:

RIP Baldrick x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 16:57:29 PM »
Baldrick came to you for care and you gave him so much. At the end he trusted you to do what was right for him, what a privilege that is!   :hug:  :hug:

RIP lovely boy. No more pain, no deafness, no fear. Play well at the bridge sweetheart.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 16:49:05 PM »
Run free Baldrick. I am sure he is rubbing his head against his friends at the Rainbow Bridge and setting up a nice comfy spot to sit and sun bath.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 15:14:52 PM »
RIP darling angel boy  :'( 

It was indeed a great kindness to take this fella under your wing for the last 4 years and for giving him the final kindness of a peaceful ending. 

I'm so sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 14:17:39 PM »
Safe journeying Baldrick.  We never knew you, but we mourn for you as does your Foster Mum, who did so much to help you through this last difficult few days.   Play hard at the bridge young man. 

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 14:12:54 PM »
Thank you all for you kind words. 

I took Baldrick to the vets this morning & the lady vet just confirmed what I suspected.  She said he was jaundiced badly and had a mass in his abdomen so I guess his liver was shot and when she said Balders was struggling to breathe that was it for me. 

I managed to stay till the end as I was the only person he trusted and him being stone deaf.  Funny though Balders never bothered being at the vet I think he knew we were trying to help him & the vet agreed. 

Baldrick went to sleep very peacefully and that does help, but OMG am I gonna miss that scruffy old codger peering in the back patio doors waiting for his dinner or just a balders back scratch  :(  thanks again

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 13:39:20 PM »
Lots for hugs and healing thoughts your way.  Just because they are outdoor/feral cats doesn't mean we love them any less nor them us.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »

Siou2, I'm so sorry.  Bless you for giving this poor old guy a loving home, safe shelter, food and kindness in the last four years.  Sheila's right - that is his parting gift to you.

Thinking of you both.   :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
Very sad  :( but it sounds like you've done the best you can for Baldrick  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:48:38 AM »
You and Baldrick are both in my thoughts  :(  If it is as you think, I hope it's peaceful  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 22:37:52 PM »
Be thankful that you got to cuddle him just once before his time comes, Siou2. This is his gift to you, just this once, he loves you very much indeed.  :hug:

Love comes to us all, eventually, at some in this life - as this old guy has recently found out under your care.  :agree: For others it's what comes afterwards.

I know what you are anticipating tomorrow and it does sound that his fate is written.   :(

Baldrick will appreciate your presence at the end, you can talk him calmly through it then fall apart afterwards, your vet will be kind and thoughtful. Be ready for him to pass with eyes wide open, but your presence will calm him as he passes, he always trusted you, he just didn't know how to show it.  :hug:

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
Baldrick
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 21:57:31 PM »
Hi,

it is with a heavy heart I write this.  I have been looking after Baldrick for about 4 years, ever since he turned up looking for a meal.  He's a scruffy old brown tabby who's deaf as a post, hence his name.  Unfortunately in the last week or 2 he's been going down the plughole hardly moving & not eating, I really think it's that time we all dread. 

Balders has always refused to come in the house and god forbid you try and pick him up.  So he moved into my back garden and I have provided a sleeping area, food, flea & worming treatment and a good back scratch when he allows.  So this evening I was trying to get him to come for food, he didn't budge so he actually allowed me to pick him up, the last time I tried he gave me a scar, so I know this is very bad.  I am going to take him to my vets tomorrow, pretty sure what the outcome will be  :'(

Hope you don't mind me posting I find it helps, thankyou all

Link to CatChat